Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) (53081 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin And TD Jakes Pictured Together / Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by AAinEqGuinea: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Throwback:
While he is tracing his roots to an African tribe, he should be informed that the very same African tribe suffers inferiority complex and have been begging to be accepted as Jews.

It ended in a disgraceful rejection of the wannabes who have no pride of their own African heritage.

Maybe they are Jews. They're not the only blacks im hearing that are claiming Jewish lineage. Aren't many of you Christians or Muslims? Dont many of you get recollection of African history solely from European journals, believing anything a white boy tells them or wrote.

If only TD were a white man then many of you would be flattered that he found an African connection, jostling for his attention and flattered by the mockery. Please stop preaching what's African if you fail to make any obvious connection between those transplanted from their people not too long ago relative to African history, but yet living by every social order from your colonists; starting with Hitler's One Nigeria, responsible for killing over 3 million Jews from '67-70. They're starting to seem more alike.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by grandstar(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
In the states of Virginia and Maryland, there was as many as 30,000 Igbo slaves.

They were known to be hardworking industrious and having some stronghead. They were known for always running away. There was always news of runaway Igbo slaves.

They were called Bights (from the Bight of Biafra) or Eboe (The whites couldn't pronounce Igbo)

It is estimated that as much as 60% of all African Americans have some drop of Igbo blood.

Yorubas were sent to Brazil, Cuba etc where many customs related to Yoruba culture are still practiced especially in religion (Santeria)

The goddess (Fake god) of the beach in Rio De Janeirio is Yemanja

I am Yoruba and we are all descendants of Adam. We are all one

6 Likes

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by TolaniLuv: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
Limitless72:
Hahahahah...
Afonja go con begin jealous because bishop no trace im root to their leanage
Them go derail this thread with hate speeches

Afonja pastor are still the richest on Forbes list.. you can keep TD Jakes.. we have TB Joshua and Oyedepo
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by pasol4real(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Throwback:
While he is tracing his roots to an African tribe, he should be informed that the very same African tribe suffers inferiority complex and have been begging to be accepted as Jews.

It ended in a disgraceful rejection of the wannabes who have no pride of their own African heritage.
Hate speech detected
Where is buruntashi when u need him most ?
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by perdollar(m): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
no wonder dt he's a mega pastor.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
Na true o. The head correlates well with our flattronoidal head shape. Welcome home my brother.

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by obiezed: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
Gilbertase:
Op i just read a fallacy, but i wont blame you, i'll blame Punch. T.D Jakes has been to naija before at least once, which i am certain of. And that was either the second or third installment of the eXperience gospel concert. About whether he is igbo or not, i wont comment on that. Time will tell. Naija always like to dey claim successes that they will never create.
Actually he did his DNA tracking,the results put him as descendant of igbos,as most black slaves who descended from Virginia, Kentucky and some parts of Georgia, the British tobacco and sugar plantations.T.d jakes 's story came out in the early 2000s,so this is stale news.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by MightySparrow: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
Is a Jew also? I think Igbo people have identity problem. Soon Obama will soon know his Igbo root.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by toprealman: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
tot they said Yoruba before?
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Masterclass32: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
madridsta007:

Hate is a terrible thing— it beclouds a lot which includes the ability to rationalise clearly.

Else how will one insist— like you've done— the views of a handful of IPOB members, perhaps a couple of hundreds, who insist they have a Jewish heritage— how will someone insist that this view of a few hundreds represents the world view of what are possibly over 31 million people (CIA World Book Facts)? If the terrorising carnage of Boko Haram was never used to represent the entire Northern Muslim or the violent skimirshes of OPC was clearly separated from the Yorubas, where's the logic in representing a few hundreds of Judaism-claiming IPOB members as the view of 31.8 m Igbos?

It will be ridiculous to describe your reasoning as pedestrian. At best, it is outright silly. Ignorance, which possibly is your rationalisation, is no excuse here.

Hate is a terrible thing.

Preach !!
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by PROPHETmichael: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
priceaction:
Same bishop that has been coming to winners chapel , am not understanding? Is he coming for the first time to Nigeria? Capital no. Then why is the post saying such? Something is wrong somewhere.

“Since tracing his roots back to the Igbo land in Nigeria, it was Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes’ first time stepping on the Nigerian soil, with the knowledge that this is where he truly comes from.

The last part of that sentence lies the answer to your confusion; meaning, ever since he's been coming to Nigeria, this is the first time he knows where his root is.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Elfaris(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
Throwback:

well spoken. they should know o.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
Oblitz:
Waoh! nice one

cheapest offers on installation of stamped concrete......

offer lasts till Wednesday 13, 2017.

call 08136276104.

#4,500/sq. metre.

All materials and labor inclusive.

4 inches thickness with wire mesh,

imported materials

nobody does it better..........!

Can this material be used on the wall?
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by NothingDoMe: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
supersystemsng:
He came to preach, not to trace igbo roots, Nigerians. T.D. Jakes has longed known his roots for over seven years now..Abeg, hype
I tire. Every year root tracing. Bloggers sha

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by kenechi072: 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:
His ancestral lineage was traced to the Onuigwe family in Aguluezechukwu, Aguata LGA of present day Anambra state.

Incidentally, the Onuigwe family has a history of producing pastors, Rev. O.C Dominic, G.O of National Evangelical Movement being also an Onuigwe.

You are a big liar.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by AAinEqGuinea: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
grandstar:
In the states of Virginia and Maryland, there was as many as 30,000 Igbo slaves.

They were known to be hardworking industrious and having some stronghead. They were known for always running away. There was always news of runaway Igbo slaves.

They were called Bights (from the Bight of Biafra) or Eboe (The whites couldn't pronounce Igbo)

It is estimated that as much as 60% of all African Americans have some drop of Igbo blood.

Yorubas were sent to Brazil, Cuba etc where many customs related to Yoruba culture are still practiced especially in religion (Santeria)

The goddess (Fake god) of the beach in Rio De Janeirio is Yemanja

I am Yoruba and we are all descendants of Adam. We are all one

Hate it or love it, you can tell the ones who still have stronger Igbo genes. Whether it's an unquenchable appetite for money, glam, or attention, you know that its still in them. Arent more Igboes known for dealing drugs? Drug dealers are interesting, i tend to respect their grit and hustle more than anything. Everyone in this hypocritical world is hustling some sort of poison whether it be religion, food, bad sex, medicine, etc. Drug peddlers tend have a good spirit. But there are attributes about them that aren't so glamorous.

There's more to it that i hate and love but African connections are there, they went nowhere. African Americans consist mainly of many African tribes and personalities to deal with. I love the daily challenge. Zoo is everywhere.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by AAinEqGuinea: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
--
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by luvinhubby(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
kenechi072:

You are a big liar. Anambra people, why do you tell these kind of embarrassing lies? Even before Pastor Ifeanyi announced this, I have known this information for more than 2 yrs. It is even on his wiki page, that is if it is still there. TD Jake's traced his root to present day Arochukwu in Abia State. This happened some years back, maybe almost 10 years sef. This news is a very stale news. I guess Pastor Ifeanyi just announced it because he visited. Funny enough, the Aro people do not even have time for gists like this. I have learnt to take anything I read from an anambra person, with a pinch of salt. Always lying or exaggerating. Mtcheew

Stop sounding stupid, gave you the family link his genealogy was traced to and you are here spluttering saliva, trying to pronounce Arochukwu.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Opakan2: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
Check his head.. is it flat at the back?

That's the only test needed to know if he is from that side or not grin

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by GoldNiagara(m): 5:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Jeezuzpick:
1. TD Jakes has been to Naija before, so stop fabricating lies.

2. I am Yoruba, and I'm not surprised he is of Igbo descent.

That is an Igbo cranium.

Pure savagery! Igbo cranium.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by zynzyn(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
sleeknick:
hurricane don dey pursue them...na now you know sey u go trace your roots abi? pls go back oh. we dont take refugees grin

Eh eehn! Other countries we dey accept Nigerian refugees nko!!
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by jrusky(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Den don start their stupidity everybody is igbo madness.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by brownhawk: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2017
can somebody give me something to fry
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by sleeknick: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
zynzyn:

Eh eehn! Other countries we dey accept Nigerian refugees nko!!

MAKE DEM GO OTHER COUNTRIES
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by laudate: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:
His ancestral lineage was traced to the Onuigwe family in Aguluezechukwu, Aguata LGA of present day Anambra state.

Incidentally, the Onuigwe family has a history of producing pastors, Rev. O.C Dominic, G.O of National Evangelical Movement being also an Onuigwe.
How you take know dis one? shocked
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by CoolChinex07: 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
The Afonjas are not happy with this news!
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Edu3Again: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
He is a friend and an elder brother. Love u sir. Avoid Nnamdi Kanu and the Ipob miscreants however.

So why do you want them in the same country with you?

Should you not want them to leave?

Instead you have become a unity beggar angry
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Oblitz(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
opal4real:

Can this material be used on the wall?

yeah, we have another product that's similar for walls
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
Masterclass32:
American pastor, author and filmmaker, Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes, has reportedly traced his roots to Nigeria, where he has discovered that he is actually Igbo.

As posted on her Facebook wall on Friday, Mrs. Ifeanyi Adefarasin of the House on the Rock Church, notes that the bishop of The Potter’s House, a nondenominational American mega church, stepped on Nigerian soil for the first time this week.

According to his Wikipedia biography, T.D. Jakes, as he is popularly known, was born in South Charleston, West Virginia on June 9, 1957 and grew up in Vandalia, attending local Baptist churches.

Jakes spent his teenage years caring for his invalid father and working in local industries, the site says.

Concerning Jake’s Igbo root, Ifeanyi Adefarasin writes, “Since tracing his roots back to the Igbo land in Nigeria, it was Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes’ first time stepping on the Nigerian soil, with the knowledge that this is where he truly comes from.

“It was a special honour for me in particular, as a native sister, to present TD Jakes with a copy of Nigeria, Our Heritage…Our Commonwealth.

Welcome home! “Okeosisi – Umunne gi na asi gi nno.”

www.punchng.com/american-mega-pastor-td-jakes-traces-igbo-roots-visits-nigeria/

Most of the slaves from Nigeria that were sold n taken to America are actually igbos, ibos, eboes, Igbos, Hebrews.

The American government knows this, they set up a signboard in one state in America after slavery was abolished in America (i saw a video of it but I can't remember the state). They wrote on it that the Igbos have been granted their freedom and that they can either go home or remain in America.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by davss02(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
He doesn't resemble Igbo
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by davss02(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
He doesn't resemble Igbos
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
Opakan2:
Check his head.. is it flat at the back?

That's the only test needed to know of he is from that side or not grin
grin

Confam!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.