Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) (53096 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin And TD Jakes Pictured Together / Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by P0intBlank(m): 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Jeezuzpick:
1. TD Jakes has been to Naija before, so stop fabricating lies.

2. I am Yoruba, and I'm not surprised he is of Igbo descent.

That is an Igbo cranium.

Can't you guys read properly. This is what it says: Concerning Jake’s Igbo root, Ifeanyi Adefarasin writes, “Since tracing his roots back to the Igbo land in Nigeria, it was Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes’ first time stepping on the Nigerian soil, with the knowledge that this is where he truly comes from.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by balladin: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
Gilbertase:
exactly br. It was experience 2007 http://theexperiencelagos.com/2012/galleries/the-experience-2007/

Besides, he was here for a major conference in August, as far as we know. How that one now turned into root tracing, only punch newspaper knows
The writeup says that this is the first time he is visiting Nigeria since knowing his roots. Please read carefully, it will help you pass your exams.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by P0intBlank(m): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
Gilbertase:
exactly br. It was experience 2007 http://theexperiencelagos.com/2012/galleries/the-experience-2007/

Besides, he was here for a major conference in August, as far as we know. How that one now turned into root tracing, only punch newspaper knows

Read the article till the end. This is what it says: Concerning Jake’s Igbo root, Ifeanyi Adefarasin writes, “Since tracing his roots back to the Igbo land in Nigeria, it was Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes’ first time stepping on the Nigerian soil, with the knowledge that this is where he truly comes from.

2 Likes

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by balladin: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
P0intBlank:

Can't you guys read properly. This is what it says: Concerning Jake’s Igbo root, Ifeanyi Adefarasin writes, “Since tracing his roots back to the Igbo land in Nigeria, it was Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes’ first time stepping on the Nigerian soil, with the knowledge that this is where he truly comes from.
At least someone here reads.

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by I888(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:
His ancestral lineage was traced to the Onuigwe family in Aguluezechukwu, Aguata LGA of present day Anambra state.

Incidentally, the Onuigwe family has a history of producing pastors, Rev. O.C Dominic, G.O of National Evangelical Movement being also an Onuigwe.
I have always said that this man looks so much like an igbo man and today, it is confirmed....

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Limitless72(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
Adebowale89:

u meant to say lineage? learn how to spell correctly before making stupid post

you're derailing the thread already with your complex inferiority. what does his trace to Igbo brought to the Igbo nation. I feel like sending u back to secondary school

Hahahahahahaahaha
If you want to make your point I expect you should have been matured and watch your back.....
You corrected my spelling and made errors in yours
Its spelt 'You' and not 'u'.........
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
P0intBlank:

Was it to check his roots that he came here?
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by MrGerald(m): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Throwback:
While he is tracing his roots to an African tribe, he should be informed that the very same African tribe suffers inferiority complex and have been begging to be accepted as Jews.

It ended in a disgraceful rejection of the wannabes who have no pride of their own African heritage.
Lol.. Igbos feel inferiority in Nigeria, to whom then? it should be the other way round

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by bionixs: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2017
Throwback:
While he is tracing his roots to an African tribe, he should be informed that the very same African tribe suffers inferiority complex and have been begging to be accepted as Jews.

It ended in a disgraceful rejection of the wannabes who have no pride of their own African heritage.
very dry joke

1 Like

Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Trexnemesis(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ugocosmetics:
Igbos are originally isrealites and the annointing always dintinquishes them.

Another mumu.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
Limitless72:

Hahahahahahaahaha
If you want to make your point I expect you should have been matured and watch your back.....
You corrected my spelling and made errors in yours
Its spelt 'You' and not 'u'.........

I thought your mistake was error but reading your response I realized you're lacking grammatical exposure
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by stilldoingokay(f): 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
sleeknick:
hurricane don dey pursue them...na now you know sey u go trace your roots abi? pls go back oh. we dont take refugees grin

hahahaha. funny una don't take refugees, bhahahahahah.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by P0intBlank(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

Was it to check his roots that he came here?
No nah. He came for a conference. He has been to Nigeria before but then he wasn't aware his roots were in Nigeria
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by lovingyouhun: 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
sleeknick:
hurricane don dey pursue them...na now you know sey u go trace your roots abi? pls go back oh. we dont take refugees grin
Lol cheesy
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Johnpaul09(m): 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:
His ancestral lineage was traced to the Onuigwe family in Aguluezechukwu, Aguata LGA of present day Anambra state.

Incidentally, the Onuigwe family has a history of producing pastors, Rev. O.C Dominic, G.O of National Evangelical Movement being also an Onuigwe.
Onuigwe Victor Chinenye from Aguluezechukwu was the chaplain of Pentecostal Church during our 2001 set in St. Peter's Special Science School, Achina, Aguata L.G.A., Anambra State.
This means that men of God always come from that family.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by valinno(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Igbos stands out,welcome home bishop
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Emmyk(m): 12:12am On Sep 11, 2017
supersystemsng:
He came to preach, not to trace igbo roots, Nigerians. T.D. Jakes has longed known his roots for over seven years now..Abeg, hype
That's true. I had that on my mind too, I saw the thread on it many year ago here on Nairaland.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by skyefem: 1:10am On Sep 11, 2017
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 11, 2017
Josephjnr:
See time wen person get. Anyway, e no mean. Igbos accept everything, especially Jews.

For Africa to get better, we need to love another and work together. peace
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by igwegeorgiano(m): 6:52am On Sep 11, 2017
interesting. but which of the eastern state does he originated from? just wondering though.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by awuf2008: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2017
Thank God the pastor finally trace his root.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 7:16am On Sep 11, 2017
Ezechinwa:

For Africa to get better, we need to love another and work together. peace

Hmmm! But being troublesome is the only thing that can be understood on nairaland.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by officialJP(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2017
noting like black America black is black
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by tk4rd: 7:42am On Sep 11, 2017
From our Family gan gan gan..
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by NaWetinDey(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2017
royalamour:
Oh! Well...

I suggest that the management of Nairaland adds to its barred list the use of children's pictures as memes here. That's a form of child abuse, you know - especially when they use it in sex matters and romance section. It's becoming a norm.
Re: TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) by skyefem: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begging Apostle Suleman To Forgive Her Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.