Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? (8975 Views)

"Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Not Going To Church Because Of Naira Scarcity? / Is There Anything Wrong In One Not Going To Church But Believes So Much In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Ericsdm55(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2017
Opakan2:
God is a spirit and whosoever shall serve Him must do so in spirit.. dunno the chapter & verse but I know it's there in the Bible.

You might be a Church freak and still be far from God, while that person you look down on as bad christian without church might be closer to God.

Only God knows those who serve Him.. So you reading this, don't let anyone talk down on you concerning God's matter. We are all equal in His sight with equal priviledges.

Stay blessed.
The verse you spoke of is in John 4:24.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by candelahria(f): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2017
The psalmist said:"I was glad when they said, let us go into the house of the Lord".Going to church to worship God and fellowship with brethren should be a thing of joy to us. Just imagine what would happen if Jesus comes to take His people on a Sunday when the service is on and you're at home, not because you're ill or for any other good reason.Do u think u would be raptured? Think about it .
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by tonquendo4u(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2017
johnjay4u2u:
yes

unless there is no church where you are.
Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
Do not neglect the gathering of other believers.
iron sharpeneth iron
Remember d sabbath day n keep it holy. Did it say go to church?
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Xfemt(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2017
sKeetz:
well in my humble opinion, without the desire to offend those who think different from my point of view, but looking at it in depth, taking into account the characteristics of each person I honestly think....I forgot what i was going to say..
lolz yeye de do u
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by charlsecy(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2017
free2ryhme:
Are you truly Christian if you dont go to church
Provided you believe in the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, you are a Christian.

johnjay4u2u:
To keep the Sabbath Day holy means to abstain from work. God should be worshipped every day.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Okies27(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2017
eyeon:
I just want to compare your thoughts with the one I've got here.
I know some people who do not go to Church but do live good Christian lives. But based on the way we're being compelled to go to Church almost all the time...
The question I have to ask is this:
Does Not Going To Church Make You A Bad Christian?
Your thoughts.
Cc. Lalasticlala.
Church is Zion and as a true Christian, questions like this shouldn't arise. I can't be in the house on Sunday and not go to church, it's spiritual for me and as Christians we should move from elementary discussions like this unto better things.
Don't be a baby Christian like a child, even a child grows up and start eating strong meat and bones.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by aminu790(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2017
zedman1:
I will copy and paste this your message anywhere I like ,if you like arrest me for plagiarism, ahaps, I don't care.....it's the plain truth!
you are free bro
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by nelklyn(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2017
eyeon:
Nope.
Are you truly Christian when you only feign holiness in the Church alone?
A good question...that's what amuses me each time someone tells me I'm not a good Christian cos I've not been to church in ages...lots of people just go to church as a symbol of holiness...on an occasion a guy argued that despite they sleep with different girls who are serving in various units in their church, they are better than me since I don't attend church services...amazingly foolish undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by menxer: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2017
jamace:

Looting brethren? Godfatherism brethren? Nepotism brethren? or brethren who abandon contract projects that would have benefited his brethren?

Let me add to your list,
Hate mongering brethren?
Closed minded brethren?
Mediocrity celebrating brethren?

For as long as we keep interpreting the scriptures literally, church businesses will continue to boom.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by emmasege: 11:39am On Sep 10, 2017
No, if it's occasional and is due to reasons beyond your control.

Yes, if it's intentional and habitual.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 10, 2017
freethesheeple:

the same bible said:when two or 3 are gathered in my name..Do u think if u are 3 in number,gather in your room and pray,he wont answer u
I don't dispute the fact.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2017
paxonel:
If one forsakes the gathering what will happen? Absolutely nothing
If that is what you think but I don't agree
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2017
jamace:

Looting brethren? Godfatherism brethren? Nepotism brethren? or brethren who abandon contract projects that would have benefited his brethren?

It is not up to you to judge. Leave them for God
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Not at all. But most Nigerians won't see your reasons.
I remember some time ,ago, I listened to sermon on radio, prayed , read my Bible just as the preacher preached on.
The following Sunday I was asked why I wasn't in church. I told them why, and they argued against it that it was wrong.

I was like "The only thing I did wrong was not wear my good cloth at home "
Most Nigerians have eyes but can't see indeed
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
paxonel:

That's true
Gathering brings unity which may include financial help to the needy.
But intellectual help?
That one is zero o.
They say it is better to teach people how to catch fish themselves than mere gathering them and sharing fishes to them.
And you know, some of us have graduated from church going.
We have acquired enough knowledge of the bible to function independently without religion
Scripture can't be broken. It's advisable we come together in unity because there the lord manifest himself more
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by larrydeck(m): 1:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
one wil be spritually down wen the don't go to church
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by secondincommand: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

OP, you're not a good Christian
am sorrry Sir.. Can u please speak english??
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Vicktomaniaa(m): 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
sKeetz:
well in my humble opinion, without the desire to offend those who think different from my point of view, but looking at it in depth, taking into account the characteristics of each person I honestly think....I forgot what i was going to say..
This the beginning of foolishness
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Hidentity(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
sKeetz:

Funny dude all over the world. And to think I was keen to read your opinion. Nice one
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by Opakan2: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ericsdm55:

The verse you spoke of is in John 4:24.

You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by bobestman(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
johnjay4u2u:
yes

unless there is no church where you are.
Do not neglect the gathering of other believers.
iron sharpeneth iron
The Sabbath day is Saturday not Sunday. Going to church on Sunday is wrong cos you are obeying the commands of the Romans who changed many things in the bible including the sabbath intead of that of God
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by eyeon(m): 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
nelklyn:

A good question...that's what amuses me each time someone tells me I'm not a good Christian cos I've not been to church in ages...lots of people just go to church as a symbol of holiness...on an occasion a guy argued that despite they sleep with different girls who are serving in various units in their church, they are better than me since I don't attend church services...amazingly foolish undecided
You can imagine such a mentality.
I believe that only God knows what a true Christian is.
It's not too good to stay away from Church for a long time though.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by eyeon(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
Okies27:
Church is Zion and as a true Christian, questions like this shouldn't arise. I can't be in the house on Sunday and not go to church, it's spiritual for me and as Christians we should move from elementary discussions like this unto better things.
Don't be a baby Christian like a child, even a child grows up and start eating strong meat and bones.
Thank you. #Noted
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
tonquendo4u:
Remember d sabbath day n keep it holy. Did it say go to church?

and i added not neglecting the gathering of believers.
We are expected to worship with other Christians
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
charlsecy:
Provided you believe in the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, you are a Christian.

To keep the Sabbath Day holy means to abstain from work. God should be worshipped every day.

Yes everyday.
I never said only Sunday.
i was answering e question Op asked.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
bobestman:

The Sabbath day is Saturday not Sunday. Going to church on Sunday is wrong cos you are obeying the commands of the Romans who changed many things in the bible including the sabbath intead of that of God

Men created the calender.
God created days.

The constitution and governing systems make us decide the Sabbath.
Thou it's Saturday for some, it's Sunday for some.
there are Christians who meet to worship in caves on weekdays in some countries.
All we need do is ensure we are true worshippers of the Father.
He knows His own.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by raphaeladeyele: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
NOT REALY BAD, BUT SCRIPTURE SAYS WE SHOULD NOT FORSAKEN THE GATHERING OF D BRETHREN. THEN AT D CHURCH WE DO PRAY TOGETHER, GIVE ADORATION TO GOD.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by femi4: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
eyeon:
I just want to compare your thoughts with the one I've got here.
I know some people who do not go to Church but do live good Christian lives. But based on the way we're being compelled to go to Church almost all the time...
The question I have to ask is this:
Does Not Going To Church Make You A Bad Christian?
Your thoughts.
Cc. Lalasticlala.
No, but not going to Church brings your Christianity into questioning
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by lonelydora: 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
A very BIG YES. It makes you a bad Christian

1 Like

Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by paxonel(m): 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Scripture can't be broken. It's advisable we come together in unity because there the lord manifest himself more
It depend on the individual and what he or she want from the lord.
It's only sick people that need physician according to Jesus. If the lord has made you whole then you are whole indeed. You don't need physician anymore.
If what church can offer is teaching the gospel, helping people(which are the best offers from religious groups) and someone have these things already, then there is no point going except he has specific appointment that will be of help to himself and others there.
Certainly, people keep going because they have not yet seen what they want. Most times, through out their life time they keep searching for God. But the truth is, God is right inside them, not in any gathering.
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by paxonel(m): 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
larrydeck:
one wil be spritually down wen the don't go to church
Big lie!
When you are emotionally down because you miss the presence of religious activities, it has nothing to do with your spirit.
Holy spirit in you is not emotional feeling, it is that consciousness that you believe and you are saved.
Simple!
Re: Does Not Going To Church Make One A Bad Christian? by BlueAngel444: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Obstacle That Hinders People From Attaining The Greater Height / Prophecies For 2012 By Pastor E. A. Adeboye (rccg) / Trinity In Islam!? Muslims Cannot Explain!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.