Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Libya's Gaddafi Urges 'holy War' Against Switzerland - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libya's Gaddafi Urges 'holy War' Against Switzerland (1376 Views)

Putin's Holy War Against Insanity. / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Libya's Gaddafi Urges 'holy War' Against Switzerland by tunnytox(m): 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2010
honeric01:

l
 How? if they refuse Islam, no one would say they are discriminating, it's their country as you said, so they can decide whatever they want, that's why i am saying, they should have banned the religion all together rather than dictate to them on how they should build their God's temples.

Don't they dictate to Christians how to practice their religion in Libya, saudi, Iran and other muslim countries? tell me why muslims shoudl be treated differently?
your argument lack proper deductive reasoning
Re: Libya's Gaddafi Urges 'holy War' Against Switzerland by cap28: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2010
ElRazur:

Again you may have missed the point. There is a degree of tolerance you see. All they have asked is for mosque to be built without a minaret - it preserves the landscape. How is that non-tolerant?

Again, Islam was allowed, but some nations have beautiful landscape and they are passionate about this, they are not about to allow this to be ruined by some architecture that is considered out of place. Also, there is nothing in the quran that states that a mosque most have a minaret.

No. The real problem is more about the blacklisting of Libyan officials and this Minaret issue is just been used by Ghadaffi as a ruse to get back at them.

You may be missing the most important point. Minaret have no impact on any practising Muslim and The Swiss have all the right to prevent their landscape from getting altered with alien architecture. They are acting within the law of their country and I won't be surprised if the European court of Human rights throws out this case as I do not see how it is affecting their "Human rights".

In every country of the world - even in Nigeria. Town planning is monitored and building deemed as non-fit or not needed wont be allowed so I really do not see the big deal.

@el razur  - why is it that you are always so quick to defend the very people who do not wish you well.

this controversy over the construction of minarets is another ploy being used by the swiss govt to foment hatred and intolerance against muslims in particular and immigrants in general who reside in  switzerland. 

In my opinion Gadaffi is right to demand for a jihad against Switzerland  - which by the way is not a call for a holy war as you along with many other misinformed people on this board have been stating but simply a call for an ideological battle against the racist imperialist ideology of Switzerland, Israel and other imperialists who are intolerant of islam. 

why trade with a country who does not respect your religion and culture.  Unlike those cowardly puppets that we have in Nigeria who would sell their own mothers for money Gadaffi stands up to protect the honour and integrity of his people.

the rest of europe is desperate for this situation to be resolved because they need Gadaffi more than he needs them, remember the lucrative oil contracts which britain entered into just last year - do you think they are prepared to see all of that go up in smoke over this controversy.

so what if his son was involved in an altercation in a hotel in Switzerland, does that warrant the Swiss govt banning 188 high ranking libyan nationals from entry into the country including its head of state?

Switzerland built its wealth from colluding with Nazis during the second world war, they helped to launder over $2.5 billion worth of looted funds stolen from jewish bank accounts - think about that  - in exchange for not being occupied they agreed to collude with Nazi criminals they also helped in the mass deportation of jews from switzerland to concentration camps and these are the people you are defending.

what is this country known for today - colluding with corrupt nigerian politicians to hide away billions of dollars of  stolen funds belonging to the nigerian people, why should i feel any sympathy for this country that built its wealth on cheating and stealing from innocent people - i applaud gaddafi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come Fly With Transgenders! Thai Carrier Pc Air / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace / Pictures That Show Why A US Aircraft Carrier Is Such A Dominant Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.