Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I've Had It With 4-cylinders. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I've Had It With 4-cylinders. (22380 Views)

The Differences Between 4, 6, 8, 12… Cylinders / 3 Cylinders Working Out Of 6 (nissan Pathfinder 2001)..... Please Help / 16 Suvs You Can Buy With ₦4 Million Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by buchilino(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2017
I QUITE AGREE WITH THE OP, ONCE U DRIVE A V6, U WOULDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH 4 PLUGS AGAIN.

2 Likes

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by 2shure: 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
Ever turboed eith eod hybrid on benin ore road express.
Bleep..as smooth as Bleep.
Massive turbo.
I got road safety them scampering for safety
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Lyord69(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2017
This's Honda ... I luv d engine die ...
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by vertueptime: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2017
This writeup is very biased
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by legalwealth(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

will you swear by 4cyl if I dash you this? wink

Honda EOD engine compactment is dope! !!
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2017
legalwealth:

Honda EOD engine compactment is dope! !!

Nope, not the 03-05 4cyl accord. Look again
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by yinkeys(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2017
So you prefer 6 cylinders. You're a boss o. More fuel consumption to your elbow cheesy
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by legalwealth(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Nope, not the 03-05 4cyl accord. Look again

Alright! That will be DC 06 - 07 then but they are very much alike.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Reference(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2017
Bungalows and duplexes, graduates and certificates, officers and ratings, 6 cylinders and 4 cylinders....on and on with yet another subjective debate but when you realise the world is round not flat you see the need for diversity for one size will never fit all times, all purposes and all circumstances....why not sing the praises of 12 cylinder engines and wonder why a hundred cylinders are not automobile engine aspirations today....afterall is more not the merrier...

5 Likes

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2017
legalwealth:

Alright! That will be DC 06 - 07 then but they are very much alike.

Nope, last try
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Inception(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2017
Jagermeister:

Never.. I need at least 200 horsepowers.

You sef, talk true.. You never drive that car before? Is it quick? Can you race it with the 268 HP V6?

you say make i talk true?

Nope grin Ok i confess the v6 fast abeg

But this engine is not bad o! but the problem i have with with (as with other 4 bangers) is low end torque. Mine was the K24Z2(177 HP, and available in LX & LX-P trims of this accord)
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by legalwealth(m): 9:14am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Nope, last try

Please tell me! !!
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Inception(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Uncle i Uncle i !!! grin grin grin

2008 Honda Accord EX Engine bay...
Engine= K24Z3
HP= 190, Torque= 161 lb.ft.

oya my prize (4 liters of Mobil 1)

#runsawayfromthread

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2017
legalwealth:

Please tell me! !!

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Inception:
Uncle i Uncle i !!! grin grin grin

2008 Honda Accord EX Engine bay...
Engine= K24Z3
HP= 190, Torque= 161 lb.ft.

oya my prize (4 liters of Mobil 1)

#runsawayfromthread

there was a curse word in simi's lyrics, but iv forgotten what she said.

#runsawayfrominception grin
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by tivta(m): 9:43am On Sep 12, 2017
Let fuel price increase again then you will curse v6...
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by judgedredd22(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2017
Kufie:

Comprehension really is a tough thing in this part of the world. You're totally right. I was wrong to share my thoughts on this one. Good day smiley

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by judgedredd22(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

there was a curse word in simi's lyrics, but iv forgotten what she said.

#runsawayfrominception grin

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by judgedredd22(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Jagermeister:

This is a forum young fellow.. There's no point getting a header here.

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2017
nurey:
Since its showoff your engine day here is mine tongue, A VQ35HR, when you look at the engine what do you see? Nothing offcourse, so also on track you see nothing as the dust settles on yah wind shield grin

Nurey why did you clean your engine like this? Tell me truth, who came around?

I have never driven an I4 _but they are perfect for city driving. Shey it's from house to office? What's the need for speed?

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Ipfreely: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2017
This is quickly getting hilariously derailed. I'm a Lexus guy, swore off 4 cylinders after a thankfully short-lived stint with a Matrix XRS. Got a 3.3l 3MZ, planning to upgrade to a 2GR pretty soon.

For the Lexus-as-poor-man's-benz guy, una well done eh. Keep up with the lazy thought processes. Kinda like how a Samsung s6 is a poor man's iPhone, yes?

Smhv

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Pringlez: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2017
nurey:
When buying things, environment plays a major part. It's useless coming from the ikorodu to lekki everyday driving a heavy engine in a car, you get hooked in traffic and all that power wasted without use.

V6,V8,V12 are good enough for highway driving especially the saloon cars, so if majority of use would be freeway throttling no problem if not, buy a picanto aside, ride the picanto to work and every weekend floor the gas with the breeze jeering your face in a G35x or M35x grin

Waiting for the Haters

I totally stand with you on this!!!
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Originalsly: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2017
Jagermeister:

Here's why I think very little of them (now) in a somewhat short description. Ride quality is sacrificed (for the most part), Vibrations are ever-so present, noise sipping out into the cabin as you drive along

I don't know much about cars but you that owned sooo many should never make such a statement. Same year Toyota Camry.... the ride in the 4 cyl is different from the ride in the 6?...one is noisier in the cabin than the other? ...so different that you don't even have to ask if it's a 6 or 4? ...full of Crap indeed.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by legalwealth(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=60371995][/quote]

Thanks as that is 08 or so usually called evil spirit.
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by sultaan(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2017
On the low end mid size cars the days of V6 engines in over in the US I think Toyota is the only one still offering V6 in the Camry.

The 2.0T engine is the premium choice now.

An example now is Ford explorer with the 2.3T which has more power and torque than the 4.0l in a 4runner.

All these is being done to meet the C.A.F.E standard set by the Obama government. A 4 cylinder in such big SUV is normal in Europe and Asia and had been normal in Nigeria till recent years when American spec vehicles became the preferred standard in Nigeria
Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by promofleetmc: 11:13am On Sep 12, 2017
Having a 2.7L engine in the Hiace is a flaw too.Not only the Prado with this engine under performs.U can't spend 10mins in flood that u did 30mins with ur Lexus with a hiace bus.The airflow box is right under the front bumper and sucks water straight to the engine when it enters such flood.Besides,the engine is VVT and tiny rings.I expect less performance to a V6.I own 2007 Camry 4 plugs but regret it's engine performance when going far as a man that likes speed.I give it to V6 any day but a V4 Honda for metro drive.

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by BTT(m): 11:29am On Sep 12, 2017
Indeed to each his own.

The V6/6 cylinders vehicles are smooth and noiseless indeed. Remember too that our engineers say they are more complex to build. I remembered watching a documentary on guns and the narrator, after basically comparing time and ease of assembly and dessembly, concluded that the AK47 was poor technology.

The I4 is, though not necessarily true, both fuel economical and pocket-friendly.

Like I use to say, the day you will realize that Nigerians' love for the Corolla is not genuine is when they come solely fitted with 6cyls. We had our cake, we want our cake. Trust us, many would read all of our 'rants' and say, 'yes! very true' but when the real choice calls, they'd conveniently go the i4 way.

I have driven and owned both, and agree with a number of the op's point. However, my current i4 dog does brilliantly in terms of torque, compression and quiet. It always cheerfully competes and often humbles some 6cyls on the highway.

But you see, whatever rocks your boat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by nurey(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2017
PaperLace:

Nurey why did you clean your engine like this? Tell me truth, who came around?

I have never driven an I4 _but they are perfect for city driving. Shey it's from house to office? What's the need for speed?

Nobody came around, Thats an internet picture, its showoff your fav engine day, you dont even need to own the car just lets know that engine that gives you goosebumps

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Denn(m): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
So much misinformation on this thread.

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by eaglechild: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
BTT:
Indeed to each his own.

The V6/6 cylinders vehicles are smooth and noiseless indeed. Remember too that our engineers say they are more complex to build. I remembered watching a documentary on guns and the narrator, after basically comparing time and ease of assembly and dessembly, concluded that the AK47 was poor technology.

The I4 is, though not necessarily true, both fuel economical and pocket-friendly.

Like I use to say, the day you will realize that Nigerians' love for the Corolla is not genuine is when they come solely fitted with 6cyls. We had our cake, we want our cake. Trust us, many would read all of our 'rants' and say, 'yes! very true' but when the real choice calls, they'd conveniently go the i4 way.

I have driven and owned both, and agree with a number of the op's point. However, my current i4 dog does brilliantly in terms of torque, compression and quiet. It always cheerfully competes and often humbles some 6cyls on the highway.

But you see, whatever rocks your boat.
Your i4 humbling V6s is very subjective.
I can sincerely tell you that most of the time the other person is not in the mood.
For me when I see a corolla buzzing annoyingly behind me especially when there are potholes and I'm trying not to burst a shock i just let the person pass.

Unless of course you are driving a turbo charged high hp car then you can compete with a v6

1 Like

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by onegig(m): 12:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
So much ignorance on this thread.

The I or V in an engine is about orientation, V indicates the cylinders in an engine are oriented in a "V" fashion and "I" means they are an inline fashion.

Also most i4 engines in production now have much more power than v6 engines that were produced like 3 to 5 years back and still yet they are 3 to 4 times more fuel efficient.

I see someone shouting up and down about noise or whatever. I truly don't get what that is all about.

3 Likes

Re: I've Had It With 4-cylinders. by Jagermeister(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
Inception:

you say make i talk true?

Nope grin Ok i confess the v6 fast abeg

But this engine is not bad o! but the problem i have with with (as with other 4 bangers) is low end torque. Mine was the K24Z2(177 HP, and available in LX & LX-P trims of this accord)

Exactly.

The 2008 (and upward) models are even too elaborate as examples.

I drove the 2000 Model aka Baby V6 coupe. Hmmmm. The launch was too much for me to handle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS / Man Crashed A 3-wheeled Car With A Gyrocopter While Trying To Make It Fly / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.