Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Our Daily Manna Devotionals Tread - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Daily Manna Devotionals Tread (504 Views)

Daily Manna Devotionals (Season 3) — "The Depth Of His Mercy" / Manna Still Falls From Heaven In Angola / Our Daily Manna ODM Fasting 2018 Starts Today, Read Today's Prayer Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna Devotionals Tread by nagidarabani: 4:39am On Sep 11, 2017
Our Daily Manna Devotional September 11th 2017

WHAT THE INSPECTOR GENERAL SAID THEN!

I remember vividly some years ago, a popular story in my country. After seven months of intense legal battle, fought with intrigue and high drama, a former Inspector General of the Nigeria police (Names withheld), who had been in the dock for criminal activities bordering on corrupt enrichment, was finally jailed for 6 months.

Read Our Daily Manna Devotionals Now on - http://www.odmdaily.com

Our concern in today’s devotional is not on the fall of the man. After all, mere mortals fall. You and I have our own weaknesses! Our aim is not to condemn the man! After all, if God should mark iniquity, who will stand? (Ps. 130: 3). Hear St. Augustine again: Never hate the man who account of his fault; nor love the fault because of the man, but hate the fault and love the man.”
So, as a believer you must never judge others but out concern today is on powerful statement made by the man as he went to prison: “I will serve the jail term. I will serve it. But all I know is that the permanent feature of life is that it is full of ups and downs. At a time, I was up the ladder, now it is reverse. By the grace of God I will bounce back.”
BASIC: 1 SAMUEL 13: 1-10

I fill like jumping from this writing table because the words “I was up the ladder … I will bounce back” are like fire on my bones. God want you to know that you are what you are by His grace. Many who were up there are down today. Please use whatever position you have, to serve God and man because there is always a payday! Can you imagine Saul boasting with the victory of Jonathan? See today’s Basic Scripture again! Saul was in obscurity when God raised him up. He was unknown when God granted him victory over the Amorites, but then he took his own trumpets and blew his own trumpet. No wonder he lost the throne!

God want you never to fight for any position because except the Lord lifts you, you will come down! Did Saul not come down? Hear John Buchan: “Don’t forget the Chinese proverb: “He who is great, must make humility his base; Never forget that millions are in the cemetery who thought the world would stop without them. Be humble! You are dusty!

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. Pray about your life and position in life. Surrender all to God. Ask for the grace to serve others.
3. Pray in the morning, afternoon and evening of today’s prayer points

4. Pray any other prayer (s) as led.

Source- http://www.odmdaily.com/2017/09/our-daily-manna-devotional-september_81.html

Re: Our Daily Manna Devotionals Tread by nadirinamata: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2017
Our Daily Manna Devotional September 12th 2017

THE INSPECTOR GENERAL AND THE UNIVERSITY OF LIFE

Welcome to another devotional hour with God that fetches water with a basket to disgrace the bucket. Please refer to yesterday’s devotional. A jailed former Inspector General of the Nigerian police shook the entire world when he admitted that he was guilty as charged and proclaimed: “I will bounce back.” God wants you to know that optimism is the faith that leads to achievement (Helen Keller).

“I WILL BOUNCE BACK” is only what I remember about this man no matter his faults. Whether he bounces back or not is not the issue! The issue is that in any tick darkness, a ray of light is a testimony! God desires that you never call it quits till you die concerning any issue! The French Mathematician and Philosopher, Blaise Pascal, wrote in his notes: “The past and present are our means, while our one and only future, is our end.” Since 2017 began, even if it has been rough, note that you still have a wonderful future. The meaning of life is rarely interrupted at the beginning! Life unfolds and gets beautiful if only you don’t quit.

BASIC SCRIPTURE: MARK 14: 66-72; ACTS 1: 18

Determine to run your race until you cross the finishing line. I have never seen a star that was never down at a stage! The ability to bounce back is the difference between Peter and Judas! Listen to the uncommon admonition of Philips Adams: “unless you are willing to let go, to fail miserably and have another go, success won’t happen.” Michael Jordan reminds us again: “I can accept failure, every one fails at something. But I cannot accept not trying again.” Peter bounce back from failure; Judas buried himself in failure!

Keep saying to yourself: “I will bounce back.” I will be back! it’s not over for me. The God of Peter is restoring me. My letter end shall be more glorious than my past or present. Thank you Lord Jesus. Never, never, never, give up! Resist discouragement! You must bounce back! Your come back will wipe out your setback! Amen!

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.

1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. Lord, empower me to never give up. I blind discouragement, confusion and depression!
3. Lord, anoint me for a great comeback that will disgrace my adversaries.
4. Lord, promote me to rise again!
5. Pray also about any other issue (s) of your life as led.

READ - http://www.odmdaily.com/2017/09/our-daily-manna-devotional-september_81.html

(1) (Reply)

Vericore Technologies Promotes Back To School With Donation To Daystar Christian / God Supports Sex B4 Marriage; So Fvcck What Religion Says. / Life Is A Game Of Sowing And Reaping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.