Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) (549 Views)

Is Today's Christian Worship Service Biblical? Let's Trace Its Origin / Acts 2:33 - One Of Many Scriptures That Disprove The Trinity Doctrine / TITHING: How Today's Christian Got It Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) by zionmade1: 2:08am On Oct 22, 2017
Acts 2:44-45
"They sold property and
possessions to give to anyone who had
need"
This was the character of early Christians. The life of early Christians were full of love, care, togetherness, charity. Nobody was too poor nobody was too rich, everybody shared things in common. This was one of the reasons for early growth of the church. What do we have today, The very rich in the church and the very poor with nobody caring about them. The CEOs and the Jobless graduates in the church.
Take a look at a special event that depicted the nature of the gospel passed down from Jesus to the apostles and now to us.

JESUS FED 5000 PEOPLE (mtt 15:32)
"Then Jesus called his disciples unto him,
and said, I have compassion on the
multitude, because they continue with me
now three days, and have nothing to eat:
and I will not send them away fasting, lest
they faint in the way."

This is the character of our God. Even though Jesus could have prayed for God to give those 5000 men supernatural strength to get home and eat, he went ahead to give them food.

How many times have brothers and sisters come to churches and left the church with empty stomach? How many of our churches today create that avenue to get deep knowledge of the welfare of its members and go ahead to wipe off their tears wen they cry?. I have seen people come into the church looking tattered, battered and hungry and after the service they stand up and go home the same way they came. The only difference is that the word of God has raised their hopes.
James 2:15-17 Suppose a brother or sister does not
have any clothes or daily food and one of you tells them, go in peace! Stay warm and eat heartily.” If you do not provide for their bodily needs, what good does it do? In the same way, faith by itself, if it does not prove itself with actions, is dead."

How many times have brethren in churches taken it upon themselves to help another brethren find a job. Where is the place of love in christianity today?
Why would someone come to church frustrated and go frustrated? The pastor has become the sole focus of most churches which is absolutely wrong.
Everybody wants to sow a seed into Pastor's life and forget that there is someone somewhere in the church who has nothing to feed his family with. Someone close to u is crying to God for just #1000 to survive and u ignore him but wen its time for a Pastor's birthday u sow a seed of #20000.

Many have looked up to the house of God as the last solution they can ever get and at the end of the day bowed their heads in disappointment and concluded that God doesnt care. Most Christians meet unbelievers and criticize them, and call them all sorts of name without getting to know why that person stopped being a christian.

For those of us who give so much to buy o
To buy our pastors cars, houses, assorted wears etc even when the pastor is so wealthy that those things are not too necessary to him, I have a question for us.
Which is more important Giving our pastor all the expensive gifts of millions of Naira or being the answer to the prayer of a broke brethren who never gave up on God because of the #5000 u gave him.

Jesus said if u have 2 clothes and ur brother doesnt have any, give one clothe to ur brother. In today's Christianity people have hundreds of clothes and abhors the presence of a brethren who comes into church looking so tattered.

Where is the love the early apostles shared amongst them?
Its time the church wake up and return to that former nature for which reasons we were given the name "Christians". its time to pay attention to the poor in our midst, its time to invite a hungry looking brethren to our houses and feed them. Its time to be our brothers keeper. Nobody in the church should lack. If we can have the money to buy all sorts of expensive gifts for our Pastors, why cant we have the money to help a brethren.

In my days in school I have a friend who dropped because he could pay his fees. He was a committed usher in the church but he couldnt get a help of #50000 meanwhile the church was running a building project worth millions. Now which would be more important to God, that building or the soul of that guy
Who might have probably backslided out of frustration.

I know of another guy whose Landlord sent packing even though he belonged in a congregation of over 500 members nobody could offer him a place to sleep for even one week. The guy left the church after the entire frustration.

John 17:12 " While I was with them in the world, I kept
them in thy name: those that thou gavest
me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but
the son of perdition; that the scripture might
be fulfilled".
In our churches today, people are getting lost because they dont experience that awesome love of God from the people of God.

As a Christian who is reading this, what have you done to help the needy in your congregation?. Are among those who sow heavy seeds for your church programm to come on air while ignoring the little needs of a close brother who is in the church already?

This is not to criticize any Pastor or any particular church. this is only a call to live as Christians.
Re: Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) by fatimababy95(f): 2:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today
Re: Acts 2:44-45. A Wake Up Call For Today's Christian (where Is The Love?) by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 22, 2017
Tupac already told you.

Aint no love no mercy.

(1) (Reply)

Christ / Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?(atheist Back Off) / Why My Prophecy On Anambra Governorship Election Failed – Popular Ebonyi Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.