Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

The Man Who Is Also God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Who Is Also God (400 Views)

How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World / Church Gives N1M To Man Who Sleeps On Meat Seller's Table In Abuja / Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Is Also God by nwasteve(m): 6:38am On Sep 11, 2017
*HERE HE IS!!! THE MAN WHO IS ALSO GOD. (JESUS CHRIST) WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT JESUS*. *Part 1*

Here is the illustration and analysis

A man and his son one day decided to gather ants together and carter for them. They prepared a very nice place for them and kept them there. They supplied all they needed including food, protection and everything that will make them happy. Because of the love they have for them, they instructed them not to come out from the place where they were kept lest they loose their life. This is because outside the place they were there poisons scattered around by their enemy. But the ants, having all they needed and lacking nothing disobeyed and came out from the place they were and ate the poison. These brought them to the point that they were so weak that could no longer climb back to the place where they were and they were left to die I. Their state.
Guess what!! The son told the Father. I will go down and live with the ants (in their weak form) and bring them back to their normal state. Not only to show them how to live obediently in the principles given to them. But also to save them.
Isn't that amazing? *That is exactly what Christ did for us*
We are just like ants in the eyes of the Lord. God gave Man everything and kept us in a good place, but Man rebelled against his simple command and it brought the human race the conditions we found ourselves.

*Who is Jesus unto you? Let us study more about Him*

*JESUS OUR REDEEMER*
The best description for Him is the one given by John the beloved. " Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" John 1:29. " And she shall bring forth a son and thou shall call him *JESUS*: for He shall save His people from their sin. Matt. 1:21 " For unto us a child is born unto us a son is given and the government shall upon His shoulder and His name shall be called wonderful, counsellor, the Almighty God, the everlasting Father the prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6. "For I know that my Redeemer liveth and that He shall stand at the later day upon the earth" Job 19:25.
These and many more verses from the scriptures shows that Christ is out *great Redeemer*, that came to this earth to save us at the point where we couldn't save ourselves.

*Why was Christ qualified and not any other person?*

1) HE IS OUR CREATOR
"God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets , hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, by whom also *He made the worlds*". Heb. 1:1,2
"For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions, or principalities, or powers, *all things were created by Him and for Him*". Col. 1:16
" And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in *God, who created all things by Jesus Christ*". Eph. 3:9.
All evidences in the Bible shows that the world was created by God through Christ. Paul called it a mystery. Christ is our creator that is one of the reasons why He was also qualified to save and redeem us because He owns us.

2) HIS EXISTENCE AS BOTH GOD AND MAN
One of the most striking revelation of Christ in the Bible is His dual nature of existence as both God and Man.
" In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word was made flesh and dwelth among us ( and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth". John 1:1-3,14; "Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation and took upon Him the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of Men. Christ being our creator wasn't enough for Him to save us from the bondage of sin. He couldn't have saved us in His Godly nature only without become like us. He needed to be one of us as a human being to save us. Read Lev. 25:47-49; Heb. 2:14,15. For a slave to be redeemed, someone of the same family is required to do that and so therefore Christ had to become a member of the human race for Him to save us. What a great sacrifice!!!
He has been in existence before been given birth here on earth.
"Jesus said unto them verily verily I say unto you, before Abraham I AM" John 8:58 "And God said unto Moses I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM has sent me unto you". Ex. 3:14
He is the great I AM.
"I am the light of the world. I am the bread of life. I am the way, the truth, and the life." John 8:12; 6:35; 14:6.

THE WHOLE BIBLE TESTIFIES ABOUT JESUS
"Search ye the scriptures for in them ye think ye have eternal life. And they are they which testify of me John 5:39". Also read Luke 24:27,45

The central point of the Bible is all about Jesus. Both old and new testament.

In Genesis- He is the seed of the woman.
In Exodus- He is the lamb for sinners slain.
In Leviticus- He is the high priest.
In Numbers- He is the star of Jacob
In Deuteronomy- He is the prophet like into Moses.
In Joshua- He is the captain of the Lord of Hosts.
In Judges- He is the messenger of Jehovah.
In Ruth- He is our King and redeemer.
In 1 Samuel- He is the great judge.
In 2 Samuel- He is the priestly king.
In 1 Kings He is David's choice.
In 2 Kings- He is the holiest of all.
In 1 Chronicles- He is the king by birth.
In 2 Chronicles- He is the king by judgement.
In Ezra- The Lord of heaven and earth.
In Nehemiah- He is the builder.
In Esther - He is our Mordecai.
In Job- He is our risen and returning Redeemer.
In Psalms- He is the Son of God and the good Shepherd.
In Proverbs- He is our wisdom.
In Ecclesiastics- He is the one above the sun.
In Songs of Solomon- He is the great Church lover.
In Isaiah- He is suffering and glorified servant.
In Jeremiah- He is the Lord our righteousness.
In Lamentations- He is the man of sorrows.
In Ezekiel- He is the glorious God.
In Daniel- He is the great stone and Messiah.
In Hosea- He is the risen so of God.
In Joel- He is the pourer of the Spirit.
In Amos- He is the eternal Christ.
In Obadiah- He is the forgiving Christ.
In Jonah- He is the risen prophet.
In Micah- He is the bethlehemite.
In Nahum- He is the bringer of good tidings.
In Habakkuk- He is the Lord in His holy temple.
In Zephaniah- He is the merciful Christ.
In Haggai- He is the Desire of all nations.
In Zechariah- He is the branch.
In Malachi- He is the son of righteousness.

In Matthew- He is the King of the Jews.
In Mark- He is the servant.
In Luke- He is the perfect son of man.
In John- He is the Son of God.
In Acts- He is the ascended Lord.
In Romans- He is the Lord our righteousness.
In 1 Corinthian- He is our resurrection
In 2 Corinthians- He is the comforter.
In Galatians- He is the end of the law.
In Ephesians- He is head of the Church.
In Philippians- He is the supplier of every need.
In Colossians- He is the fullness of the Godhead.
In 1 Thessalonians- He comes for His Church.
In 2 Thessalonians- He comes with His Church.
In 1 Timothy- He is the mediator.
In 2 Timothy- He is the bestower of crowns.
In Titus- He is the great God and Saviour.
In Philemon- He is the prayer of the saints.
In Hebrews- He is the rest of the faithful.
In James- He is the Lord drawing near.
In 1 Peter- He is the sufferer.
In 2 Peter- He is the Lord of glory
In 1 John- He is the way
In 2 John- He is the truth.
In 3 John- He is the life.
In Jude- He is our security.
In Revelation- He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Lamb of God, the bright and morning star, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and last!!!!!!!!!

He is the Messiah, the Prince of peace, Son of God, seed of Abraham, second person in the Trinity.

*ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS NAME!!!!!!!!!?!!

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING! Man Jailed For Teaching Islam Online / Fret Not. / Secret Strategy To Living Stress Free - The Covert Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.