Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. (5444 Views)

FG To PDP, Atiku: Governmment Of National Unity Will Never Happen / Nnamdi Kanu Spotted Celebrating Catalan Independence 2017 B / Why Biafra Should Remain In Nigeria – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by IdiotOfBiafra: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
Cyynthia:
We have bigger issue bothering us here.
you are going nowhere
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2017
Anticabal:

Na now you come, I thought you were using deceit to claim 'Igbos hate Biafra' but want to unite with your disease--ridden almajiri skull? lmao!
yeah the igbos that are rich, educated and sensible dont want to be part of biafra...and you know this to be true, it is only the poverty stricking village touts that shouts biafra all over the internet.

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
Just tell me the truth, you have been there and lagos is a very beautiful city...Maybe you dont have a relation there, hence your hope of going there is limited, well today is your lucky day, send me a pm, and you can visit lagos and stay in my crib in VGC, for as long as you want..

First of all, your oga's crib in VGC is not your own crib undecided. Be careful before he catches you offering his home out to people. Secondly, I've been to Lagos enough times to know that it is an awful place to live in.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Anticabal: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
[s]yeah the igbos that are rich, educated and sensible dont want to be part of biafra...and you know this to be true, it is only the poverty stricking village touts that shouts biafra all over the internet.[/s]

So Igbo that are rich, want your almajiri Caliphate to keep controlling what belongs to them and marginalizing their region while you parasitize on them like a tape worm?

Bravo to your unshaved almajiri skull. lmao!

3 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

First of all, your oga's crib in VGC is not your own crib undecided. Be careful before he catches you offering his home out to people. Secondly, I've been to Lagos enough times to know that it is an awful place to live in.
lies you have not been to the beautiful parts of lagos, you visited ikorodu and ajegunle do not mean you have visited lagos...come to the island and chop life, i dnt have any oga, i am a young boss, you can try me and see.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
lies you have not been to the beautiful parts of lagos, you visited ikorodu and ajegunle do not mean you have visited lagos...come to the island and chop life, i dnt have any oga, i am a young boss, you can try me and see.

I've been to both the good and bad parts. You cannot go to the good parts without witnessing the bad parts, which vastly override the good parts. It's an awful city to live in.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by kalufelix(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
You still have not made any point.
Yes You Are Right .I Didnt Think It Neccessary Trying To Counter Or Convince The Op With Long Post So I Just Wrote In Shades

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

I've been to both the good and bad parts. You cannot go to the good parts without witnessing the bad parts, which vastly override the good parts. It's an awful city to live in.
what good side have you been to? so why are your brothers and sisters in lagos island, why dnt they leave the good side and all pack to the east, since all igbos want biafra?
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
what good side have you been to? so why are your brothers and sisters in lagos island, why dnt they leave the good side and all pack to the east, since all igbos want biafra?

Why don't you ask them? As for me, I'd never want to live in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

Why don't you ask them? As for me, I'd never want to live in Lagos.
lol this just shows that igbos living the good life dont want biafra.. anyways my offer still stand...you know what to do.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by akulaxx: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2017
FOR YOUR INFORMATION ,IPOB HAS OVER 35MILLION FOLLOWERS HOME AND ABROAD THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MASSOB. BILLIE, BIAFRAN ZIONIST, BIM ECT
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by akulaxx: 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
yeah the igbos that are rich, educated and sensible dont want to be part of biafra...and you know this to be true, it is only the poverty stricking village touts that shouts biafra all over the internet.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ,IPOB HAS OVER 35MILLION FOLLOWERS HOME AND ABROAD THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MASSOB. BILLIE, BIAFRAN ZIONIST, BIM ECT

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
lol this just shows that igbos living the good life dont want biafra.. anyways my offer still stand...you know what to do.

I guarantee you that most Igbos living comfortably around the world want Biafra or are sympathetic to the pro-Biafran movement to some extent. This still doesn't change the fact that Lagos is a horrible place to live in- Abuja is far better.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
akulaxx:

Joke of the century...please are you a comedian?
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

I guarantee you that most Igbos living comfortably around the world want Biafra or are sympathetic to the pro-Biafran movement to some extent. This still doesn't change the fact that Lagos is a horrible place to live in- Abuja is far better.
lol Abuja you say? well you are right but whats the fuss about Abuja? thought you wanted out of NIGERIA? lol
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
lol Abuja you say? well you are right but whats the fuss about Abuja? thought you wanted out of NIGERIA? lol

I want out of Nigeria but I can't deny a beautiful city when I see one. Lagos most definitely isn't one.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

I want out of Nigeria but I can't deny a beautiful city when I see one. Lagos most definitely isn't one.
hmm smiles!!! but you do realise that you will have to visit the embassy, obtain your visa, anytime you will want to visit Abuja, just incase biafra comes through, and you and i know that the visa wont be granted just as Trump is doing to the muslims... you all will have to be jampacked in biafra, which will be a mess.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
Saintsammurai:
hmm smiles!!! but you do realise that you will have to visit the embassy, obtain your visa, anytime you will want to visit Abuja, just incase biafra comes through, and you and i know that the visa wont be granted just as Trump is doing to the muslims... you all will have to be jampacked in biafra, which will be a mess.

I don't care- Biafra is worth it. Besides, there are other beautiful cities in the world other than Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ovamboland(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

So why is everybody afraid of referendum? By the way, how did Kanu, who is just one man, manage to force millions to accept Biafra?

At least Biafra is an idea, an ideology and an agitation. Nigeria was never any of the 3 but a mere colonial contraption foisted on the people by imperialists

You forget there was no organisation above the village level before the colonial arrangement. There was no single agreement or treaty signed with any Kingdom in the east unlike what you have in the west, North, Benin or parts of the Niger Delta.
If we must really go back to the pre colonial era then the opinion of each village has to be sought. There will be no Anambra or Imo state to start with

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by ElsonMorali: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2017
GrandGarcon:
You keep on shooting yourself in the foot. I mean were you not the one who said that Igbos began running helter skelter after the quit notice? Then I said that IPOB welcomed the quit notice only for you to turn around and say we are illitrates and dream of our kinsmen leaving that acursed land. You want peace but don't want to contribute your quota, same as progress, Nobody be ya mugu for this 21st century.

Look, what's stopping you guys from seceding really? If all Igbos leave other parts of the country, recall your national assembly members and stop collecting fg allocation, then you are on your way to having your own country. Advocating for violence won't get you there. Talking about it on NL won't get you there either.

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by ElsonMorali: 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

The people who were complaining will change their tune once Buhari continues to undermine Nigerian unity- that's what I meant by "easily swayed due to the actions of the Buhari administration".

Nobody is scared of secession. So using secession to threaten any group will always fall flat. The Northerners have been singing the secession song even during Nnamdi Azikiwe's time.

Nigeria's unity is highly debatable. But How we part will determine future relations among the resultant countries. Your people are beating war drums and I keep saying there are better ways to achieve this than violence. I Hope you'll remember this convo when it all happens.

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 2:53pm On Sep 11, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Nobody is scared of secession. So using secession to threaten any group will always fall flat. The Northerners have been singing the secession song even during Nnamdi Azikiwe's time.

Nigeria's unity is highly debatable. But How we part will determine future relations among the resultant countries. Your people are beating war drums and I keep saying there are better ways to achieve this than violence. I Hope you'll remember this convo when it all happens.

The only people who are "beating war drums" are those 'One Nigeria' supporters who believe that a call for a referendum equates to a call for war.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by hammerFU: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

I don't care- Biafra is worth it. Besides, there are other beautiful cities in the world other than Abuja.

There are blue print for several world class Cities to be built in Igbo land in our life time.

Over 20 cities of varying sizes, spread across Igboland. 7 of the cities are already in existence, requiring expansion and upgrade, the rest will be brand new.

More people are expected to live in cities globally.(urban dwellers)

This is y Biafra is so important. WE want to move on.

1 Like

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2017
Ngozi123:

hmmmm well you are right, i just pray the end thereof wont full of regrets...
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Saintsammurai(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
hammerFU:

There are blue print for several world class Cities to be built in Igbo land in our life time.

Over 20 cities of varying sizes, spread across Igboland. 7 of the cities are already in existence, requiring expansion and upgrade, the rest will be brand new.

LOL this must be a fatansy and a joke, aba is still the most dirtiest state in Africa,,,
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by GuntersChain(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
You would have used dissolution of USSR, Former Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Eritrea was a part of Ethiopia but seceded and gained independence, South Sudan peacefully seceded from Sudan following a January 2011 referendum to cite your example.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by GrandGarcon: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Look, what's stopping you guys from seceding really? If all Igbos leave other parts of the country, recall your national assembly members and stop collecting fg allocation, then you are on your way to having your own country. Advocating for violence won't get you there. Talking about it on NL won't get you there either.
In Nigeria it is impossible to recall an MP so the best is not to vote for them in the first place. That is part on IPOB's main campaign. We know where we come from and we know where we are going to, and how to get there
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Ngozi123(f): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2017
hammerFU:

That's an interesting point. Could you please clarify which cities you're talking about?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by jaszplus12(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

So why is everybody afraid of referendum? By the way, how did Kanu, who is just one man, manage to force millions to accept Biafra?

At least Biafra is an idea, an ideology and an agitation. Nigeria was never any of the 3 but a mere colonial contraption foisted on the people by imperialists
let me say this please,: since kanu has so much influence and the igbos believe and have faith in his leadership, can they who believe so just quietly migrate to that region with all they have and establish the area to the envy of the nation?
I believe no government will hold it against you.
if they migrate and creat a model region that's not dependent on any part of the "zoo" for whatever that makes a region great I'm sure there won't be any Igbo seen anywhere else but there and we who aren't included will become envious!
or maybe I'm just not making sense and there must be quarrels and war just to develop your zone!
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by attackgat: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2017
jaszplus12:

let me say this please,: since kanu has so much influence and the igbos believe and have faith in his leadership, can they who believe so just quietly migrate to that region with all they have and establish the area to the envy of the nation?
I believe no government will hold it against you.
if they migrate and creat a model region that's not dependent on any part of the "zoo" for whatever that makes a region great I'm sure there won't be any Igbo seen anywhere else but there and we who aren't included will become envious!
or maybe I'm just not making sense and there must be quarrels and war just to develop your zone!

Migrating to their zone will not give them Biafra, they already did that in 1967 and it did nit work.

If all Igbos left all parts of Nigeria and went back home, it still will not bring about Biafra
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by Kazim88: 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2017
@OP Saintsammurai ... you actually sound pathetic... read all your argument.

I think the core North are not intelligent... their IQ are actually very low.

Because right in their front this Biafra Agitation offer them opportunity of a life time

Opportunity to bring them regional prosperity

But out of blind ignorance they can't see it.

The North are Banking on Nigeria Military Force...

IPOB are are Banking on intellectual arguments, civil disobedience and Election Boycott...

If the North engage they might kill one or two... but would lose the intellectual argument, would be Harrass by the civil disobedience (May 30 was child's play) and IPOB would win 100% by 2019 election boycott.
Re: OPINION! Why Biafra Will Never Happen. A Case Study Of The Catalan Independence. by jaszplus12(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
attackgat:

Migrating to their zone will not give them Biafra, they already did that in 1967 and it did nit work.

If all Igbos left all parts of Nigeria and went back home, it still will not bring about Biafra
really? oh well that means there must be tension, tears and blood!
but let's pray against such. then again '67 isn't 2017!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News : Buhari Nabbed In Us / 5 Most Powerful Armies In The World and their year 2020 military budget / SE Missed Senate President Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.