Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa (11553 Views)

SUV Carrying US Holiday Makers Plunges Into River In South Africa (Photos) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Leaving My 100 K Monthly Job For An Msc Computer Sci In The U.k Guy Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 26, 2010
Hello friends,
i have a cousin who intends to run a master degree programme in south africa, either in logistics or any business discipline,
can anyone give me information on how the place looks like in terms of international recognition of their certificates?

also,how much would it cost for a programme of 1yr, including fees,accomodation and feeding etc.?

and what are the job prospects as a student and as a graduate?

how good is the university of stellenbosch, uni. cape town,and uni. south africa?

pls your honest and candid views and advice will be highly welcomed.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 26, 2010
@Mr president

thanks, but all my questions havent been answered
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by debouy: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2010
South African universities are ranked among the best in Africa. Most notably, University of Capetown, Univ of Pretoria and Stellenbosch as well. The standards of education are quite high, and the degrees are recognized globally. The universities are better organized, hence the large influx of exchange students from Europe & USA.

Depending on the university, expect to pay between N500,000 – N600,000 for tuition alone. Accomodation is expensive and also depending on the location, budget an average of N600,000 – N1Million per year ,  Food is relatively cheap. Do not expect to pay your tuition with a part-time job!

The job prospects are high depending on proposed course.

I’m rounding off studies on a Master’s programme ,  I can tell you, its worth studyin here.

Pls feel free to ask further questions (if you have any) .

Good luck in your educational quest!

2 Likes

Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2010
debouy:

South African universities are ranked among the best in Africa. Most notably, University of Capetown, Univ of Pretoria and Stellenbosch as well. The standards of education are quite high, and the degrees are recognized globally. The universities are better organized, hence the large influx of exchange students from Europe & USA.

Depending on the university, expect to pay between N500,000 – N600,000 for tuition alone. Accomodation is expensive and also depending on the location, budget an average of N600,000 – N1Million per year ,  Food is relatively cheap. Do not expect to pay your tuition with a part-time job!

I’m rounding off studies on a Master’s programme in NMMU (Formerly University of Port Elizabeth),  I can tell you, its worth studyin here.

Pls feel free to ask further questions (if you have any)

@debouy,
thanks man, i appreciate smiley
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
@debuoy

in the business discipline,what do u consider as the best courses in terms of job prospects for a msc programme in s/africa?
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by amiable21: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010

110,782 South African Rand = 2,166,250 Nigerian Naira
110,782 Nigerian Naira (NGN) = 5,665.39 South African Rand (ZAR)

@Debuoy NMMU fees for MBA is About 110,782 SOUTH AFRICA RAND, why did you say tuition for MBA is B/W N 500,000 - N 600,000? or does it mean there are some other cheaper schools that offer MBA Programme.
Please explain.

Any hope for part time job while studying in SA? Please explain.

Many Thanks.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 26, 2010
amiable 2:

Friday, February 26, 2010

@Debuoy NMMU fees for MBA is About 110,782 SOUTH AFRICA RAND, why did you say tuition for MBA is B/W N 500,000 - N 600,000? or does it mean there are some other cheaper schools that offer MBA Programme.
Please explain.

Many Thanks.

@amiable
pls could u please enlighten us on what those monetary figures u stated above are meant for??
thanks
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by amiable21: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2010
@Mobuch, the monetary figures stated is a conversion of 1107,782R to Naira.
I.E 110,782SA R is equal to 2,166,250 Nigerian Naira .

I cheched the site of NMMU and got that figure as a tuition fees for MBA.

So i am now asking if there are other schools cheaper than that as Debouy stated.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by DisGuy: 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
he said tuition fees not MBA fees
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by debouy: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2010
debouy:

@ Amiable 2

Can you pls show me where I quoted such amounts as being fees for MBA? That’s why I said “depending on the university”.In any case, those amounts that I stated above are only estimates and its based on my programme. (MA). I’m sure you can always contact the universities directly about tuition inquiry.

@Mobuch
Well all programmes do have bright career prospects,. It all up to you & Perhaps destiny

@Dis Guy

Thanks for clearing the misconception
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by ayoyinka09: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2011
hi guys, am planning to study in southafrica for msc in renewable and sustainable energy,pls i need info on south in general, schooling and job prospect in southafrica after the programme
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by wesley80(m): 12:41am On Jun 23, 2011
Hi Ayo, i'm currently processing something similar so show you're still 'alive' and lets talk about it.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Tonye007: 12:17am On Jan 13, 2012
debouy:

I’m rounding off studies on a Master’s programme  ,  I can tell you, its worth studyin here.

Thank you for the information I am interested in studying for a masters and phd in ICT security do you have any ideas of the best schools in south Africa. Thanks again.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Dondav(m): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
Nice info.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by pat077: 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
do south africa uni accept HND holders 4 master programmes?
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by collinsfbi(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pat077,

I don't really think so, but I know unisa accept HND into one year honour degree programme which gives you Bsc after which you may apply for your masters directly.

Gbammm over and out
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by pat077: 4:09am On Mar 08, 2012
collinsfbi:

Pat077,

I don't really think so, but I know unisa accept HND into one year honour degree programme which gives you Bsc after which you may apply for your masters directly.

Gbammm over and out
thanks. I'll google 4 more info.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by shaniquaMak: 1:07am On May 07, 2013
debouy: South African universities are ranked among the best in Africa. Most notably, University of Capetown, Univ of Pretoria and Stellenbosch as well. The standards of education are quite high, and the degrees are recognized globally. The universities are better organized, hence the large influx of exchange students from Europe & USA.

I’m rounding off studies on a Master’s programme ,  I can tell you, its worth studyin here.

[color=#770077][/color]

Your response is what I've been looking for for weeks now. I'm looking for a school in SA to do a masters in a Media related field. My search has recently landed me in Stellenbosch, but I'm not really sure I'm okay with the course yet. Any ideas on schools that offer great media and tv production programmes?
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 3:24pm On May 13, 2013
You will have to start from our colleges 1st our universities don't recognise Nigerian universities. Go to high school then we can see if ur fit to stduy here wink wink wink wink wink

Your degree from the BUSH UNIVERSITIES isn't recognised here.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by Noswaa: 11:42pm On May 13, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: You will have to start from our colleges 1st our universities don't recognise Nigerian universities. Go to high school then we can see if ur fit to stduy here wink wink wink wink wink

I really read your posts, in fact you hate Nigerians with passion,please we need your prayers if you think we don't live up to your expectations. I so much love your people but from what is coming out from you,am afraid of visiting there some day, our people in your country will be really in agony situation.Remember..........No condition is permanent

1 Like

Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by MthimbaneZA(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2013
@OP go to these Universities website and download their prospectus and information. You can even email them your enquiries. Good Luck.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by OFAD: 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
[quote author=Noswaa]

I really read your posts, in fact you hate Nigerians with passion,please we need your prayers if u think we don't live up 2 your expectations...IT IS WELL,WITH THIS NEW INOVATION I SEE A BETTER UNI IN AFRICA CITED IN NIGERIA
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by since1914(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: You will have to start from our colleges 1st our universities don't recognise Nigerian universities. Go to high school then we can see if ur fit to stduy here wink wink wink wink wink

Fortunately for Nigerians, prestigious universities in Europe and US (including Harvard and other Ivy League universities) are still accepting degrees from these supposedly 'BUSH UNIVERSITIES' and even granting Postgraduate scholarships to Nigerians with these 'BUSH' degrees.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by youngbilly1: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
amiable 2: Friday, February 26, 2010

Please explain.

Many Thanks.

thats too expensive man, maybe its your school but uj is cheaper
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by youngbilly1: 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
For UJ, Masters cost R34,000 for architecture
School levy is from R2000 - 5000
Accommodation varies..a good location safe and easy to access for a 1 bedroom or studio room from R2500 unfurnished.

good cheap universities are UniSA,UJ,UP, capetown is very very very expensive bro
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2014
If u study ARCHITECTURE in Naaigeria expect to be accepted at any SA varsity school of architecture for masters. FORGET VILLAGE BOY.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

youngbilly1: For UJ, Masters cost R34,000 for architecture
School levy is from R2000 - 5000
Accommodation varies..a good location safe and easy to access for a 1 bedroom or studio room from R2500 unfurnished.

good cheap universities are UniSA,UJ,UP, capetown is very very very expensive bro
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2014
THEN GO THERE IN SOUTH AFRICA U ARE INFERIOR. grin grin grin grin

since_1914:

Fortunately for Nigerians, prestigious universities in Europe and US (including Harvard and other Ivy League universities) are still accepting degrees from these supposedly 'BUSH UNIVERSITIES' and even granting Postgraduate scholarships to Nigerians with these 'BUSH' degrees.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by jagabanare(m): 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
please can anybody help me with any info on masters in Guidance and Counselling in South Africa.
Re: Studying For An Msc Degree In South Africa by justwise(m): 7:09pm On Jan 10, 2014

(1)

How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport / Nigeria High Commision In London / 5 Terrible Mistakes Business Travelers Can Make When Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.