Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

(photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? (2261 Views)

Enugu host fund raising dinner for Abuja 2020 Para Powerlifting World Cup / UNILAG Vs Abuja Stadium, Which One Command More Respect For MKO Abiola / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by onismate: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2017
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria, and arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
The city houses major government strategic buildings. Unlike some other cities in Nigeria, Abuja city was well planned, with superb road network, beautiful serene environment and a well-defined infrastructural development. One man who could be given credits for turning Abuja to a world class city is the former minister of FCT, who is the current governor of Kaduna state, Mallam Nasir Elrufai. He upgraded Abuja city to a standard befitting for a capital.
But unfortunately, Mallam Nasir Elrufai left that office of FCT minister ten years ago and his predecessors couldn’t even keep up with his pace, even maintenance and continuity was left out. It looked as if he carried the success along with him when he left.
Other ministers that came, we barely heard or see any of their achievements. Even the current FCT minister, I don’t even know his name, I’m yet to see any tangible project he has done.
I saw a pictorial projection of how Abuja would look like in 2030, but with what I’m seeing, I don’t think we can achieve that. Abuja is fast losing its appeal with gradual in flocks of hoodlums, insecurities, dirty environment and dilapidated buildings and infrastructure. Our lack of maintenance culture has caused the beauty of Abuja city fading away. The satellite towns have been abandoned, some traffic lights are no longer working. The security CCTV cameras allegedly installed in strategic areas of the city, they have turned to abandoned project, so many abandoned houses are spoiling away without anybody living in them, and many Nigerians are complaining of housing and accommodation. The elites practically acquired those houses just to resell, they made it too expensive for the common man to buy, no one wants to buy those houses at outrageous prices. Infact places like Asokoro has too many abandoned houses.
The security situation in Abuja is becoming poor. Like 4 to 5 years ago, you could barely hear of people being kidnaped in Abuja, but things have changed now. Weekly, about 3 people are being kidnapped in Abuja and only few are being reported on the media. kidnapping in Abuja is turning to a regular thing. A city that can’t provide a good security measures for residents, is that one a city?
Parks and junctions have been turned to headquarters of pick pocket office. It just seems like the pick pocket guys fashola chased away from Lagos came down to Abuja and started opening offices in crowded parks and junctions in Abuja, making Berger roundabout their headquarters. Not forgetting multiple cases of extortion and arm robbery most especially in satellite communities.
If Abuja wants to achieve its master plan projects and achieving its projections, the FCT minister must stop sleeping, wake up. The government must put their acts together to restore Abuja to the path of great urban city. We need to renew our great maintenance culture, create an enabling environment for more investments. If the government cannot take responsibilities, outsource it to private firms and pay them rather than leaving the city to fade and decay away.

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1409-photos-how-abuja-would-look-like-in-2020

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Nutase: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2017
Wild dreams.

1 Like

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Kyase(m): 9:49am On Sep 11, 2017
Nutase:
Wild dreams.
haba too much negativity in your blood. Change o
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Nutase: 9:58am On Sep 11, 2017
Kyase:
haba too much negativity in your blood. Change o
this is reality not negativity.

Lemme do a small analysis for you.

-2020 is less than 3 years away.
-Oil prices (the lifeline of our economy is down)
-With 2019 elections by the corner no Nigerian politician will run capital intensive projects in 2018 & 2019 because they will need all the cash they can lay there hands on for the elections.

Now tell me if I am a realist or a negative person.

4 Likes

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by SalamRushdie: 9:59am On Sep 11, 2017
Can Never happen under the visionless leadership of Buhari so forget it till we get a visionary leader

2 Likes

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2017
OP is a Yorubaa man. Even a Hausa man cannot have this belief...he knows it's impossible

2 Likes

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by DONFRANSKID(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2017
Its possible
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Kyase(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2017
Nutase:

-With 2019 elections by the corner no Nigerian politician will run capital intensive projects in 2018 & 2019 because they will need all the cash they can lay there hands on for the elections.

you're right, this should've been your initial comment.
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2017
The second picture is not a liveable city believe me. It's a jungle. If Abuja will be like in 2020, I will pass
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Adminisher: 11:20am On Sep 11, 2017
Nutase:

This is PDP era you have laid bare. There is no money for elections now. Dangote is not not running. Atiku will soon see sense. Nigeria will either have Buhari or a fresh face we never heard of before

1 Like

Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by oladeebo: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2017
onismate:
Abuja is the capital of Nigeria, and arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
The city houses major government strategic buildings. Unlike some other cities in Nigeria, Abuja city was well planned, with superb road network, beautiful serene environment and a well-defined infrastructural development. One man who could be given credits for turning Abuja to a world class city is the former minister of FCT, who is the current governor of Kaduna state, Mallam Nasir Elrufai. He upgraded Abuja city to a standard befitting for a capital.
But unfortunately, Mallam Nasir Elrufai left that office of FCT minister ten years ago and his predecessors couldn’t even keep up with his pace, even maintenance and continuity was left out. It looked as if he carried the success along with him when he left.
Other ministers that came, we barely heard or see any of their achievements. Even the current FCT minister, I don’t even know his name, I’m yet to see any tangible project he has done.
I saw a pictorial projection of how Abuja would look like in 2030, but with what I’m seeing, I don’t think we can achieve that. Abuja is fast losing its appeal with gradual in flocks of hoodlums, insecurities, dirty environment and dilapidated buildings and infrastructure. Our lack of maintenance culture has caused the beauty of Abuja city fading away. The satellite towns have been abandoned, some traffic lights are no longer working. The security CCTV cameras allegedly installed in strategic areas of the city, they have turned to abandoned project, so many abandoned houses are spoiling away without anybody living in them, and many Nigerians are complaining of housing and accommodation. The elites practically acquired those houses just to resell, they made it too expensive for the common man to buy, no one wants to buy those houses at outrageous prices. Infact places like Asokoro has too many abandoned houses.
The security situation in Abuja is becoming poor. Like 4 to 5 years ago, you could barely hear of people being kidnaped in Abuja, but things have changed now. Weekly, about 3 people are being kidnapped in Abuja and only few are being reported on the media. kidnapping in Abuja is turning to a regular thing. A city that can’t provide a good security measures for residents, is that one a city?
Parks and junctions have been turned to headquarters of pick pocket office. It just seems like the pick pocket guys fashola chased away from Lagos came down to Abuja and started opening offices in crowded parks and junctions in Abuja, making Berger roundabout their headquarters. Not forgetting multiple cases of extortion and arm robbery most especially in satellite communities.
If Abuja wants to achieve its master plan projects and achieving its projections, the FCT minister must stop sleeping, wake up. The government must put their acts together to restore Abuja to the path of great urban city. We need to renew our great maintenance culture, create an enabling environment for more investments. If the government cannot take responsibilities, outsource it to private firms and pay them rather than leaving the city to fade and decay away.

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1409-photos-how-abuja-would-look-like-in-2020
op
do you expect to live in this non-sense city?
go and ask those in Tokyo,
where they hardly have fresh air to breath!
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2017
op which city is that? it looks like a South East Asian city
Re: (photos)abuja Now VS Abuja 2020: Can The Government Achieve This Industrial Dev? by Nutase: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2017
Adminisher:

This is PDP era you have laid bare. There is no money for elections now. Dangote is not not running. Atiku will soon see sense. Nigeria will either have Buhari or a fresh face we never heard of before
please can you HONESTLY tell me what is different between the PDP and APC era. I'm curious

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Umar Jibril Include Only Churches In His Controversial NGO Bill? / Titus Uba Of APC Emerges New Speaker Of Benue Assembly / Enugu State Ministry Of Justice Headquarters Renovated By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.