Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included (54958 Views)

Throwback Thursday:when Men Were Boys / Would You Rock A Dick Packer: Pictures Included / Folakemigeh Is An Impersonator: Facts Are Here (A Picture Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
okay, N5 then should be N5k now.
like 2k now
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
like 2k now
you see. 1k each. Where primary school students now go get that amount
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
you see. 1k each. Where primary school students now go get that amount
that was then though... Lol.. If u ask papa for 2k to buy fuel to your car now, no history u go hear as hin meet your mama... Lol
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
that was then though... Lol.. If u ask papa for 2k to buy fuel to your car now, no history u go hear as hin meet your mama... Lol
hahaha. Money for school fees now, my popsy dey do as if na adopt dem adopt me. I have to fast to get half of the school fees
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
hahaha. Money for school fees now, my popsy dey do as if na adopt dem adopt me. I have to fast to get half of the school fees
if my papa come greet u, he must tax u, if u go visit am, e must tax and and u must hear the story of 1982 when Dem born you and as u say take #5 go school then and how he first buy vw nettle and peougeout 504 those times
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Obaf1(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Lol.....just keep laffing since, good old day's oh lawd, seen all, use all
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Obaf1(m): 10:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Lol..just keep laffing since, good old day's oh lawd, seen all, use all

1 Like

Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Chineydum: 10:31am On Sep 13, 2017
Wow, this brings back memories
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
if my papa come greet u, he must tax u, if u go visit am, e must tax and and u must hear the story of 1982 when Dem born you and as u say take #5 go school then and how he first buy vw nettle and peougeout 504 those times
haha e be like say your popman na the same generation with mine. Naso e dey my elder ones
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Pappyto: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2017
silkytouch:
I sight Baba Dudu for there...
No, that's ekono quam
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by ImaIma1(f): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2017
I could kill for Tandi Gurana. Who knows what that is?
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by bencarson007(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2017
Samsimple:
Vhs player dat time i watch witches 1998 dat film till nw i no fit forget eku ku ku le ku le ku le ku....later we bought dis new vcd player that came with video games like tank e.t.c

My fellow diokpa... I greet you o... LoL
Like play like play, we go soon reach ancestor status for some people o.
Chai
Good old days
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:46am On Sep 13, 2017
Crush was a soft drink with the likes of parley soda, Gold spot and Limca. Even their crates were made of wood. And i remember bornvita was packaged in a dark brown bottle with blue or purple cover. I love circus light back then and this track event spoken in french anchore by turtle-neck wearing men where human beings wear animal-like casing. They usually start wth something like "high. Spoke" with whistle blow. Gone were the days of story-land anchored by a man who played guitar,Speak-out,tales by moon-light every sunday evening at 6:30. Chief Zebrudaya and Jegede Sokoya with Ramota and Ginringori's Masqurade. Then LTV/LWT and I remember the news sound-track of LTV where we have concentric circles rolling and flashing. Wonder woman, Doctor who and I won't forget our black and white president TV with knuckle-twisting channel changer plus I used my bare hands twist antenna like "kilode" to get clear channels asking whoever was inside " se o ti clear.

I wish i could turn back the hand of the clock.

Now,am a proud father of two(a boy an a girl) expecting my third child. Lol

summerflame90:
and you know all these?. Then you must know of a beverage called CRUSH

1 Like

Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:47am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
haha e be like say your popman na the same generation with mine. Naso e dey my elder ones
they know how to use dead and old school history to embezzle your pocket ..
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
they know how to use dead and old school history to embezzle your pocket ..
lol my dad even tax the wives.
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2017
ImaIma1:
I could kill for Tandi Gurana. Who knows what that is?
old woman and an alien spotted... I hail u grandma
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
lol my dad even tax the wives.
Your dad self na omo ita, he go get scope like kilode. Lol
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
Your dad self na omo ita, he go get scope like kilode. Lol
haha dey guy no dey joke with money.
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by saintkeppy(m): 10:58am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
my favourite...
. Riding BMX bicycle on the street with other friends, watching European leagues weekend highlight especially English Premier League featuring moderate clubs like Leeds Utd, Wemblidon, Coventry, Blackpool, Nottingham Forest etc on a Monday-Wednesday nights Sponsored by Rothmans Cigarette Company. That was when I knew players like Eric Cantona, David Beckham, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, of Man Utd, Dennis Wise & Flo of Chelsea, Smith of Leeds, Mustafa Hadji of Coventry etc. In the 90's. I know not all of our mates like watching football then but likes WWF instead while practising it at home & at school.

Watching WWF on sundays
That was when I enjoyed watching Wrestling, now I don't know what's going on in WWF &i don't longer enjoy watching WWF.

I love watching Football any day , anytime & I support Manchester United.
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by sircrabo: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2017
Remember hanging walkman on my waist with a pocket full of tapes. Lil bow wow, KRS 1, coolio, snoop, bone thugs n harmony

One girl was doing shakara for me then, I borrowed her bf my walkman and saw them chilling with it one day. I made sure I collected it back in her presence for her to know the real owner lol

Then came disc man. Only the bigger boys In the areaa had them

2 Likes

Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by tobsvent: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2017
Memory fantastical. Quite refreshing.
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2017
Kyase:
haha dey guy no dey joke with money.
My own daddy fit take collect money ontop electric generator .. The man na bad guy...
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by summerflame90: 11:17am On Sep 13, 2017
sircrabo:
Remember hanging walkman on my waist with a pocket full of tapes. Lil bow wow, KRS 1, coolio, snoop, bone thugs n harmony

One girl was doing shakara for me then, I borrowed her bf my walkman and saw them chilling with it one day. I made sure I collected it back in her presence for her to know the real owner lol

Then came disc man. Only the bigger boys In the areaa had them
Nate dogg, Dr. Dre. Master P, Jermaine dupri, Toni Braxton - wasn't man enough, Whitney Houston - my love is your love, killing me softly - Lauren Hill ft Bob Marley... Lol... Na WA ooo
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by akaahs(m): 11:19am On Sep 13, 2017
Mehh I rock all of them like tomorrow no dey. I no spare any of them
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by mofewilkie(m): 11:23am On Sep 13, 2017
Samsimple:
Vhs player dat time i watch witches 1998 dat film till nw i no fit forget eku ku ku le ku le ku le ku....later we bought dis new vcd player that came with video games like tank e.t.c

That movie was mad grin thanks for reminding me of the name
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Kyase(m): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
My own daddy fit take collect money ontop electric generator .. The man na bad guy...
jahovah nawaoo no be small thing
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Tmercy(m): 11:34am On Sep 13, 2017
summerflame90:
u must be in your late 30s by now bro
probably late twenties
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by tojuola(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2017
time of papa ajasco... I need to know Wen super story make brain U did not even include Gold sport nd limpca
Niko sweet Pepement I miss ma childhood days Wen we play mopol papa nd mama play
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by univasal: 11:46am On Sep 13, 2017
This days,all that trends is smell of war
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by Gkemz: 11:59am On Sep 13, 2017
I remember when we used to fly kites,gamble with rubberband as kids while girls play swell and skipping with rope.. All these childhood experiences are long gone. The days of arthur vs boss, commando vs boss. It was indeed funnier than it is nowadays. I remember how i felt the first time i saw a man making call with a wireless walkie talkie. Anyways, that was more than two decades ago.

1 Like

Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by mofeoluwadassah: 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
Rinsola32:

It's the sweet you remember very well grin
grin
Re: Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included by CocoaOla: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2017
Oduduwa college Ile-ife Osun state oya mama sell rice one naira fish 50kobo with one ice cold lolly I go chop bellefu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! / Man Carries 3 Bags Of Cement, One With His Teeth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.