Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

What Farafina Really Wants - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Farafina Really Wants (950 Views)

Farafina is Now Open For Submission / Interview | How I Left Farafina To Start Parresia Publishers -- Azafi Omoluabi-o / Farafina Is Now Open For Submission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Farafina Really Wants by Divepen1(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2017
Okay… Over the past few weeks, we posted How to publish with Farafina book publishers, and we have begun to get a lot of questions from different people about what Fatarina really wants. Instead, many people have been desirous of sending them beautifully written articles, not fiction etc. That is why I think it is advisable we let you know what is needed before sending your work to them. Despite the fact, we posted how to send your work to them . There are some things some people are getting wrong.
1. Your synopsis : you must send them your synopsis. In our last post about how to send your work to Farafina, we gave a definition of what synopsis is. You should check it here.

2. Your excerpt : Don’t forget to put your excerpt. As we told you last week, your excerpt should be enough to make even Farafina book publishers never want to leave your book. Let it caress their desire and hook it till they cry for the rest of your book. In essence, send them the best parts of your story.

3. Don’t show off your awards : they know that you got Ph.D. in writing, that 200 schools want you to teach fiction. Rather, they don’t want to know. That means, your numerous awards would not help if you want to send them your work. Well, you might include that in your information. But don’t go about telling them how better you are than Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie or A. Igoni Barrett or Eghosa Imasuen.

4. Don’t Send Your First Draft : In essence, make sure you send edited works. Make sure the work you send to them is not the second either. Perfection would fetch you great money and make your story known.
How do I know that? If Farafina accepts your story, you would be able to get your story to the end of the worlds.

5. Don’t send a link to your blog: Okay, that’s obnoxious… Erm which other vocabulary- Intolerable, amateurish. By all means, avoid sending them a link to your blog. The editors have tons of books piled up for them to pick from regularly, they wouldn’t want to see a link to a blog. Normally, they would trash the message. If you’ve ever done that or plan to, avoid it like a plague.

6. Wait for 8 weeks: don’t be in a hurry. Ensure you wait while the story had been sent.

7. Don’t send Poems or Non- Fiction: it’s a no-no for them. They don’t publish Poems or Non-Fictions. You can try their self-publishing company if you really need them to do that for you.

Okay, talking too much can kill the book. Publishing with Farafina is like writing Post-Utme, don’t mess up. Next week, we would discuss how to publish with Cassava Republic.

http://writertain.com/2017/09/12/%e2%80%8bwhat-farafina-really-wants/

3 Likes

Re: What Farafina Really Wants by Missnande(f): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2017
Insightful thanks.
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by ashewoboy(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2017
Missnande:
Insightful thanks.

give us a story na. at least these other people should feel you writing prowess.

do a hit, make them hunger for update. repogirl, wad up?
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by Missnande(f): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2017
ashewoboy:

give us a story na. at least these other people should feel you writing prowess.

Thanks dear. I'm working on one,will update once completed.
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by Divepen1(m): 11:43am On Sep 12, 2017
Missnande:
Insightful thanks.
Thanks .
Missnande:

We are waiting ooo
ashewoboy:

give us a story na. at least these other people should feel your writing prowess.

Abi.. Help us tell her..
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by ashewoboy(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Divepen1:
Abi.. Help us tell her..

i don tell hercheesy. she is working on it. expect a hit sotta like she is repogirlcheesy.
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by ashewoboy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2017
Missnande:

ohkies. we are waiting, darling.
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by queenitee(f): 4:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
ashewoboy:

ohkies. we are waiting, darling.
we are all waiting
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by ashewoboy(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
queenitee:

we are all waiting

i nor know say we plenty like thischeesy. missnande, just see the love from every corner, make it happen. #we are waitingcheesy.
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by Missnande(f): 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2017
ashewoboy:

i nor know say we plenty like thischeesy. missnande, just see the love from every corner, make it happen. #we are waitingcheesy.

Ha I don enter. Abeg make una nor vex, I will do sharpaly.

cc Divepen1, queenitee
Re: What Farafina Really Wants by queenitee(f): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
Missnande:

Ha I don enter. Abeg make una nor vex, I will do sharpaly.

cc Divepen1, queenitee
Yes ma, oya do quick

(1) (Reply)

Pun Story / Coming Soon. It's Going To Be Fun All Through / I'm A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.