Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,233 members, 7,953,882 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

South-east Governors Set Up Committee To Investigate Army/ipob Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Governors Set Up Committee To Investigate Army/ipob Clash (419 Views)

Police And IPOB Clash In Enugu, Two Dead (Disturbing Photos, Video) / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC / Suspension: Crisis Brews As APC Governors Set To Sack Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South-east Governors Set Up Committee To Investigate Army/ipob Clash by mazimee(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
The South-East Governors’ Forum has set-up a 7- man
committee to investigate the recent clash between the Nigerian Army
and the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) members in Umuahia.
Mr Michael Udah, the forum’s Director of Media and
Communications, in a statement issued on Tuesday, said the
committee was expected to submit its report during the forum’s
meeting scheduled for Sept.15.
Udah did not mention the leader of the committee, but said that it
was set-up to proffer lasting solutions to such problems and
forestall future occurrences.
“Reports in the social media that the governors condemned the
alleged attack on IPOB members are false, but instead, they are
working assiduously to bring lasting peace and stability to the
zone.
“I did not tell any medium on the social and print media that the
governors condemned the incident as they would soon meet to
review the situation,” he said.
Udah said that the governors were consulting with relevant
stakeholders in the zone including the military to ensure clarity of
positions.
“I urge my colleagues in the media to exercise decorum in their
reportage to avoid creation of false and embarrassing impressions
about sensitive national issues,” Udah said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/09/12/south-east-governors-set-committee-investigate-armyipob-clash/
Re: South-east Governors Set Up Committee To Investigate Army/ipob Clash by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 12, 2017
SE governors are confused

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Set Up Committee To Investigate Army/ipob Clash by Cyynthia(f): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2017
One can't be a judge in his own case .

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion About Soldiers And Ipob Fracas / Buhari’s Integrity Is Unimpeachable – Onyeama / Nigerian Army Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.