Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,399 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) (2829 Views)

The All New 2024 Toyota Prado... What's Your Take? / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
This is the new 2018 Toyota Prado you have been waiting for. Some say it only got a facelift and no a rear lift. The back still looks like the 2008 Lexus GX470 and the 2009 Prado but the cabin has got some upgrades.

It was just revealed for the Frankfurt Motor Show and it should be on our roads in November.

It features a new dashboard design incorporates the large, 8 inch Toyota Touch 2 with Go multimedia system, Optitron driver’s meters, and a steering wheel switchgear-controlled 4.2’’ Multi-information Display. It also comes with 2.7 VVT-i engine with 161 HP or 4.0 VVT-i petrol engine with 245 HP.

The face gets newly designed bonnet, radiator grille, headlamps, front bumper and fenders but is it any finer than the outgoing model? Tell us in the comment section.

You can opt for the six-spoke 17” alloys, gloss painted 18’’ alloys, or a new, 12-spoke, machined finish 19’’ alloy wheel design.

The high grade models with automatic transmission come equipped with ‘Toyota Safety Sense’, a set of active safety technologies designed to help prevent or mitigate collisions across a wide range of traffic situations.

Combining a camera and millimetre-wave radar for a high level of detection performance, the Land Cruiser’s Toyota Safety Sense system features a Pre-Collision System (PCS) with a Pedestrian Detection function, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), and Automatic High Beam (AHB) technology.

Further driver support and safety enhancing systems include a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and an upgraded Tyre Pressure Warning System (TPWS).

Price is yet to be revealed, but expected to be north of N30m.

https://autojosh.com/new-2018-toyota-prado-tell-us-like-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by diportivo: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
diportivo:
Chai.
You dn sharply book space grin grin
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by mejai(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
waiting....

meanwhile, I hope it comes with original 'double exhaust' pipe. Not dat chinko ones I see, abi na cosmetic one sef grin

1 Like

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
more pix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by urvillagepeoplee(m): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
buy this car and watch us drive it for u here in d village every night.

1 Like

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by smartty68(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
buy this car and watch us drive it for u here in d village every night.

2 Likes

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by smartty68(m): 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
This is the new 2018 Toyota Prado you have been waiting for. Some say it only got a facelift and no a rear lift. The back still looks like the 2008 Lexus GX470 and the 2009 Prado but the cabin has got some upgrades.

It was just revealed for the Frankfurt Motor Show and it should be on our roads in November.

It features a new dashboard design incorporates the large, 8 inch Toyota Touch 2 with Go multimedia system, Optitron driver’s meters, and a steering wheel switchgear-controlled 4.2’’ Multi-information Display. It also comes with 2.7 VVT-i engine with 161 HP or 4.0 VVT-i petrol engine with 245 HP.

The face gets newly designed bonnet, radiator grille, headlamps, front bumper and fenders but is it any finer than the outgoing model? Tell us in the comment section.

You can opt for the six-spoke 17” alloys, gloss painted 18’’ alloys, or a new, 12-spoke, machined finish 19’’ alloy wheel design.

The high grade models with automatic transmission come equipped with ‘Toyota Safety Sense’, a set of active safety technologies designed to help prevent or mitigate collisions across a wide range of traffic situations.

Combining a camera and millimetre-wave radar for a high level of detection performance, the Land Cruiser’s Toyota Safety Sense system features a Pre-Collision System (PCS) with a Pedestrian Detection function, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Departure Alert (LDA), and Automatic High Beam (AHB) technology.

Further driver support and safety enhancing systems include a Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and an upgraded Tyre Pressure Warning System (TPWS).

Price is yet to be revealed, but expected to be north of N30m.

https://autojosh.com/new-2018-toyota-prado-tell-us-like-photos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
@Emboldened, OK kwontinu. Nothing do you
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by diportivo: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
Readonee35L:

Chai.
You dn sharply book space grin grin

i now dont kw wat to write

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by Lovetinz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
It also comes with 2.7 VVT-i engine with 161 HP or 4.0 VVT-i petrol engine with 245 HP.
It's underpowered. More hooves wouldn't be that bad.

1 Like

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by mejai(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
Readonee35L..... ur quote:
The 2.7 is reliable but not very powerful.
I will never buy the 4cylinder variant of the Prado. It's too lousy for my liking.
The 2.7 4cylinder was available in middle east countries where Prado, hilux and Co were really cherished .

yet dey repeated it in 2018 model.
See donkey power grin

This is scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
Lovetinz:

It's underpowered. More hooves wouldn't be that bad.
mejai:
Readonee35L..... ur quote:
The 2.7 is reliable but not very powerful.
I will never buy the 4cylinder variant of the Prado. It's too lousy for my liking.
The 2.7 4cylinder was available in middle east countries where Prado, hilux and Co were really cherished .

yet dey repeated it in 2018 model.
See donkey power grin

This is scam

Just imagine .
A Base I4 Camry has more horsepower than a Base Prado I4.

The 2.7L i4 is only 2mpg better than its v6 variant which doesn't even make any sense.
V6 should be standard in the Prado. Rather than the noise i4 engine. If you accelerate that 4cyl Prado, the engine sound is more like that of a mazda bus.

There's a reason why toyota Prado is not available in the USA because real car enthusiasts won't buy that scrap piece of metal with shiťťy interior and cheap plastics. even if it's available in the USA a used one won't exceed $15,000usd.

The middle east regions and nigerian market with low government requirements is where the Prado will sell. It's brother the Lexus Gx is doing pretty well with good specs in the USA

The toyota Prado is not a bad ride. But it does not worth the hype.

3 Likes

Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by mejai(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2017
Readonee35L:

Just imagine .
A Base I4 Camry has more horsepower than a Base Prado I4.

There's a reason why toyota Prado is not available in the USA because real car enthusiasts won't buy that scrap piece of metal with shiťťy interior and cheap plastics. even if it's available in the USA a used one won't exceed $15,000usd.

The middle east regions and nigerian market with low government requirements is where the Prado will sell. It's brother the Lexus Gx is doing pretty well with good specs in the USA

The toyota Prado is not a bad ride. But it does not worth the hype.
u just spoke d truth.
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 7:49am On Sep 13, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by josephine123: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2017
make sense
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by snipesdam(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2017
I can only see it in the budget of senators and house of assembly next year in Nigeria.
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by Kufie(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2017
The 2017 will still be upgradeable to this. Win win situation grin grin grin
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 14, 2017
161 or 245 hp?
That's poor by my standard.
Re: The New 2018 Toyota Prado Is Here. Tell Us If You Like It (Photos) by AutoJoshNG: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Obinoscopy
Seun

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Driving Hand Signals Properly / My Review Of The Opel Zafira And Comparison With Volkswagen Sharan/ Galaxy Ford / 60's Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 V 20's Ford Mstang Shelby Gt500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.