Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many (416 Views)

Owuru Izuogu Jnr Salute Our Dear Gov. Hope Uzodinma On His 100 Days In Office / Dear Gov Fayose, A Widow Has Accused One Of Your Lawmakers Of Sexual & Physical / Amaechi Said Nothing About Abe, Did Not Attend INF Meeting - Dr. Chuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many by Upritman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/09/dear-govwike-late-faith-ariwera-chuku.html

His Excellency, this is not another of my usual criticism of what our state has become under you, it is also not another political post as such, but a deep cry from a very sincere heart.
As you may well note, this would be the first time I would be addressing you as 'His Excellency / Governor'.
It is a testimony of the seriousness attached to the issue under consideration.
The lady whose pictures appear above is one of the hundreds of Rivers pupils sent abroad by the immediate past Chibuike Amaechi administration under the now rested Governor's Special Overseas Scheme of the Rivers State Sustainable Dev.Agency(RSSDA). I hear she made first class in Medicine from The University of Newcastle, UK.
As you read this Sir, the sad news is that she is no more, a bright star is no more, such a shining example of the human potentials of our state has been sent to the world beyond at her prime. Sir, the very sad news is that she was shot along the now infamous Emohua-Elele-Ahoada Road in Rivers State on her way to Abuja to new renew her visa for a possible return to the UK.
I also hear she's the only daughter of her widowed mother(not so sure), who bore the difficult brunt of seeing her daughter through school after your government announced a cancellation of all forms of Academic Scholarships in the State. Reports say she had returned to help her family raise money with which to proceed to Medical school,sadly, her return has cost her life, what a loss His Excellency!

This is definitely not the only avoidable death to occur under your watch as Governor, however, suffice to say that this is one-too-many. If you review the security situation before your emergence, you just might learn a thing or two on how to secure Rivers people better. For emphasis, the followings were aspects of the security architecture in place before your inauguration;
• Modern Security outposts in Emohua, Eleme, Aluu, Igwuruta and Rukpokwu
• Presence of Special-Israeli and Belarus-trained Counter-terror Policemen in the State.
Somehow Sir, these and other steps checked the movement of arms into and outside of the State, thereby reducing crime rate.
More so, I urge you to go a step further by visiting families who lost their loved ones, mention their names in just one of your several press releases and comments and erect a monument in their memory. Your silence in these circumstances where people are killed daily is deafening. A visit to some of the crime scenes and security formations where these atrocities happen would send a strong signal to the criminals and raise the morale of the security personnel in the areas.
Importantly too, few months back, you accused the immediate past Amaechi administration of favoring children of 'big men' with such scholarships, you also said the beneficiaries of such scholarships were children of your political opponents. This particular sad event questions your assertions, Faith like many others, is no child of any big man nor that of any of your political opponents.
Faith deserves nothing but honor, she qualifies as a forerunner for better Education in our state, her success must open greater doors for millions of other pupils, her sacrifices and sense of family is enough to earn her a place in the history of our state, go on, Mr.Governor, seize the opportunity of this loss for a turning point.
Finally His Excellency, you are the Governor of Rivers State, both PDP and APC,Traditionalists, Christians, Muslims,Atheists, etc, big men and small men, tall and short, dark and fair,men and women,children, adolescents and adults,literate and illiterate, I urge you to personally take up the death of Faith as a challenge, I urge you, as a father, to look beyond the aura of power, I urge you, Mr.Governor, to spare a minute, reach out across boards and get ideas from both real and imaginary opponents on how best to secure our state.

There cannot be better way of taking advantage of this moment than by reviewing your stance on the issue of Scholarships through Constituting and funding the Rivers State Scholarship Board and going ahead to pay the fees of the remaining endangered pupils who may be forced home because their Governor views them as children of his political opponents.
I wish you well, Sir.

~ Ikenda Clinton Elechi, like Faith, is One of the endangered Rivers citizens under your watch.

Re: Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many by joeprince23(m): 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2017
my broda the insecurity here is becoming alarming we most all come together and put a stop to this
Re: Dear Gov.wike, Late Faith Ariwera Chuku; One Death Too Many by zoaroster: 12:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Too bad

(1) (Reply)

FG Orders Probe Of Ex-jamb, Nimasa’s Heads / Violent Protest , State Of Emergency , Coup And A Civil War In The 60s / IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.