Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student (16958 Views)

Releasing Money As High As ₦2,500,000 Is Dangerous - Police To POS Operators / Helpful Tips For Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program 2018 Application. / My Journey To $1k On Fiverr + Helpful Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Uyi168: 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2017
wolextayo:

Na you first make sense since morning. They always ignore sport betting as if it's a bad thing. It's has been my second means of survival all these while. Bro you can try 1xbet too. Mail me for any question you need I'll put you through
.OK

1 Like

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by kennypedia(m): 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
okwyee:

I don't know that laptop sha.
I use Adobe softwares, works quite alright on a 2gb ram PC (I used one before), but It freezes alot. Works better on the 4gb ram laptop i use now even though the minimum requirement for the software na 8gb ram I go dey manage this one until Baba God bless me with a better one smiley.
No no if your lappy is 1gb unless you want to be using 1995-2005 softwares grin
it's a lenovo e10 30 mini 2gb ram
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by phemy001(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
as an electrician, av been able to feed for myself and pay my sch fees, if am lucky my parent refund t, and if not life goes on.
handiwork saves life.

meanwhile u can contact me for any of ur house wiring b it surface or conduit
no matter d location in Nigeria, I will surely come

tnx in anticipation

1 Like

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by CellTabRepair20: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
3 Months to end 2017. Have you finally gotten that job yet? Endless waiting is destiny killing. Before the year winds up U can still make real cool cash fixing high-end, high demand smart devices.
Get "Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs: A Complete Guide..." book and see how useful it is for your training needs.

Link below
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by OlusegunAJ(m): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
Freelancing is the best, I've made over 100k on upwork just in two months �
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by EdenChuk(f): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2017
Visit my page @ www.facebook.com/ifydwriter for your short but soulful stories...Need the full story in pdf? send me a message through the page but it comes with a cost...Thank u!
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by okwyee(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
OlusegunAJ:
Freelancing is the best, I've made over 100k on upwork just in two months �

How did you get past the profile verification bro, I've been rejected like 7times now embarassed

1 Like

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by BiafranPound: 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
Uyi168:
Bet9ja has been saving my ass..
CORRECT BABA!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by wolextayo: 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
Uyi168:
.OK
Mrbati and uyi168 check my signature

1 Like

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by ednited(f): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
Opinionated:
There is a lot students can do to earn an income while actively working to garner their degree qualifications. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 6 helpful tips for making money as a student.

Do Freelance Writing For Blogs or Businesses

If you’re good at writing, you can consider doing freelance writing for blogs as one way of earning an income as a student. Aside blogs, many businesses are looking for freelance writers to help them meet their writing and content creation needs, so you can take advantage of this and apply for freelance jobs with these businesses.

Consider Doing Online Design Work

For students who consider themselves artists, have a knack for graphic design and are really good with Coreldraw, Photoshop or other graphic design software, doing online design work, like making small graphics for advertisements and full site redesigns for websites and businesses, can be a great way to earn an income. Students can also consider entering design competitions that offer monetary awards for winners, and stand a chance to get paid a good amount of money if they win.

Consider Becoming a Voice-Over Artist

Doing voice-over work for production companies and advertising agencies is another great way to earn an income as a student. If you have a great voice and some broadcasting talent, you can apply for voice-over opportunities and get paid doing voice-over work for people and businesses.

Do Printing Jobs

Considering the fact that students, especially university students, do a lot of printing work, you can set up a mini-printing business with an easily affordable deskjet printer whose inks can be easily refilled, and start printing for students at your own rates. You can set up this business close to any student’s hostel or even from your room, and be on your way to making some side income as a student.

Real Estate/House Agent

As a student, if you are conversant with your locality, you can use your free time to search for accommodation for freshers and fellow students in your school environment, charging them a commissions/agents fee for your service.

Sell Your Skills

Whatever skill you have, offer it as a service to people at a cost. If you are good at cooking, considering providing catering services to those in need of it at a reasonable cost. If you are good at sewing, considering making clothes for people at a cost. If you’re good at phone or computer repairs and maintenance, also consider providing this service to people at a cost. You only need to ensure that you market your skills well, and put yourself out there so people can see what you have to offer. You can also sell your services on online sites like Fiverr, Jumia Food etc.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-helpful-tips-making-money-student/

9) LUCK
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by OlusegunAJ(m): 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
okwyee:

How did you get past the profile verification bro, I've been rejected like 7times now embarassed

I registered last year as a virtual assistant but I just started using it two months ago. You can try to register with a skill that has few freelancers, e.g Software Development then go back to your desired one after some days.
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Ramen(f): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
I have a skill ,I learnt how to make beads ,especially female beaded work .How do I sell it
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by akashi01(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
sketcherJ:
how do u guys get your pay from fiverr.. Since it is connected to your PayPal account and you can't receive or withdraw from PayPal in Nigeria

I can get you a USA|UAE PayPal.
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Freshsnoow2(m): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2017
okwyee:

Graphic design is somewhat easy na.
I started learning it 4months ago without any prior knowledge of design whatsoever.
Now I'm on the middle of a $125 gig (I guess I landed the job because of the way i choose to market myself), I know it's small but considering the timeframe I started doing this, i can only but imagine the good things that lies ahead.

Op forgot to add Yahoo Yahoo grin

Where do you get clients to design for? .. I am a web designer but I don't have where to get clients
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by okwyee(m): 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
OlusegunAJ:

I registered last year as a virtual assistant but I just started using it two months ago. You can try to register with a skill that has few freelancers, e.g Software Development then go back to your desired one after some days.

I tried that bro, same old story. And i recently read this (which you told me) is not acceptable by upwork as one risk getting Axed sad

Freshsnoow2:

Where do you get clients to design for? .. I am a web designer but I don't have where to get clients

I got them on Facebook groups bro, but after I'm done with this job, I want to try something someone taught me. It's kinda difficult to get work on FB if you don't know where your target audience is. hope this helps smiley

kennypedia:

it's a lenovo e10 30 mini 2gb ram

It should work, I'll suggest if you want to use adobe softwares, use cs5 or Cs6 don't use CC I repeat, don't use CC
CC is usually very heavy, Except if you want to sacrifice convenience for functionality.
wink
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Durosure(m): 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
bring fiverr withdrawal
at 330/usd
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Fidelismaria: 1:26am On Sep 13, 2017
Appdriod:
Hmmm?

The way you people say these things as if it's easy.

These IT skills are 'skills' and they require time too.
You don't just wake up and start graphic design, or printing or writing for bloggers. They require skills.

We seem to make them sound like 'breathing' that you don't need to learn.
Why don't you add football, rapping (Efe comes to mind), dancing, etc to the list.

As a student, you can make money with any skill you have.

Moral of the lesson LEARN A SKILL

This 'na-so-ee-easy' worldview that we seem to attach to IT skills is what is leading to mediocre blogs everywhere, quack developers, bend-bend website and what have you.

Learn a skill, before you talk of making money off it.

Meanwhile you can check out this app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dymxin.downloader_for_facebook_instagram_whatsapp

To download WhatsApp status (video and images), Facebook videos and Instagram feeds (Videos and images)

my man

God bless you

spot on

1 Like

Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 13, 2017
Ramen:
I have a skill ,I learnt how to make beads ,especially female beaded work .How do I sell it
Create a Facebook page for business (you may even use your own personal page), or you may use Instagram. Get a good camera to take clear and bright pictures of your most beautiful and appealing beads (start with your phone camera if it's a good one and get a dedicated camera later).
Write short but compelling copy (description), about the beads and put your contact numbers at the end of the post as you post on Facebook or Instagram. (Do this consistently!)

-Promote you business page.
-Tag friends, colleagues and working class ladies you believe would be interested in your beads.
-Encourage them to share your posts.

Keep learning your craft and how to better promote your business.

End!

From a ''Yoruba Demon.''
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:59am On Sep 13, 2017
okwyee:

Graphic design is somewhat easy na.
I started learning it 4months ago without any prior knowledge of design whatsoever.
Now I'm on the middle of a $125 gig (I guess I landed the job because of the way i choose to market myself), I know it's small but considering the timeframe I started doing this, i can only but imagine the good things that lies ahead.

Op forgot to add Yahoo Yahoo grin
can you throw more light, my son !!!!
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by kennypedia(m): 8:02am On Sep 13, 2017
okwyee:

I tried that bro, same old story. And i recently read this (which you told me) is not acceptable by upwork as one risk getting Axed sad

I got them on Facebook groups bro, but after I'm done with this job, I want to try something someone taught me. It's kinda difficult to get work on FB if you don't know where your target audience is. hope this helps smiley

It should work, I'll suggest if you want to use adobe softwares, use cs5 or Cs6 don't use CC I repeat, don't use CC
CC is usually very heavy, Except if you want to sacrifice convenience for functionality.
wink
I have followed you I will get back to you thanks I really appreciate
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by okwyee(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
MrsAnyanwu:
can you throw more light, my son !!!!
More light where?
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Exquisite3200(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good afternoon all, please I need someone who can tutor me on how to make use of Fiverr and upwork , I am into graphics designing, Thanks in advance.
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2017
okwyee:

More light where?
did you learn it online and what site, just throw more light
Re: 6 Helpful Tips For Making Money As A Student by Durosure(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2017
I BUY PAYONEER, FIVER PAYPAL WITDRWAWL, ITUNES & AMAZON gidf cards AND BTC AT Best RATE

Am available for fiverr Paypal Withdrawal

$100 - $499usd i change AT #320/usd

$500 - $5000 i change @ #330/usd

PAYONEER FUND - 50 at @ 340/usd

i buy itunes gift card from 10usd @ 250/usd...
Ebay checkout available,
payment on taobao & other Chinese website also available.
RMB is available at 55/rmb Bulk buyer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEAHORSE Lubricants Certified And Safe For Use In Nigeria - SON / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / Nylon Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.