Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

“my Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me” – Burn Survivor Shares Her Story - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “my Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me” – Burn Survivor Shares Her Story (737 Views)

Are Certificates Really Overrated? What I Saw In My Uncle's House / Nekede Polytechnic Graduate Shares Her Accident Experience & School Experiences / A Nairalander Visits The World's Coolest Library In China, Shares Her Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“my Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me” – Burn Survivor Shares Her Story by sunky97: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2017
For Obanye Francess Chizoba, the saddest day of her life was the day she sustained burns.
Chizoba, a graduate of Biochemistry from the Anambra State University, has been living as a burn survivor since she was 9 years old – when her uncle’s wife poured acid on her and ran away after the incident.
According to her, she meant to throw the acid on her brother, but she was scarred instead.
Living your life looking different from others can be challenging, but Chizoba says she has never felt emotionally depressed because she understands that she cannot change the situation.
Chizoba told fellow burn survivor Kay Obum that she is believing God to provide her money for a surgery. “Never give up on life no matter how hard it is” she said.

On what it has been like growing up with irregular scars?
“It happened when I was very tender. Have you ever have this feeling of people you grow up with seeing you and running away from you? That is the most painful part. When you go out, people will look at you and be scared of you, little kids will see you and run away, they will cry as if they saw a ghost.
If you have a problem with your fellow girl, she will insult you with what happened to you. God! It was not easy but grace was too sufficient. I accepted my challenge and i look for solution on how to move on. Thank God for my mum always there giving me courage. I started going to school, pairing with my mates and being happy.”
Her greatest consolidation
“From my mum, those people out there are not better than you. Believe strongly in yourself. God has a reason for you been like this that is why from that day he gave you that name Chizoba and that is the fact. And do you know what I hate the most? ‘pity’ it makes me have the feelings that am different.”
http://tellmystory.com.ng/my-uncles-wife-poured-acid-on-me-burn-survivor-shares-her-story/

1 Share

Re: “my Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me” – Burn Survivor Shares Her Story by lafflaff123(m): 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2017
Wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

JAMB: Change Of Course/institution Not Updated / Get Past Questions For Mtn Foundation Scholarship / LASPOTECH To Become Degree Awarding Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.