Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

.com.ng Domain And Foreign Host - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host (1286 Views)

With Dollar On The Rise How U Coping With Foreign Host / Can I Pay For Foreign Host With Gt Mastercard? / Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by Corson: 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2017
Hello Webmasters. Please, I need a little bit of help and explanations.

I bought a .com.ng domain and I tried to link it to a Google Blogger account, but I was told by customer support I need a hosting package to do just that. With a .com domain a hosting package isn't needed to connect to blogger platform blogs.

So, here is my questions below masters.

1. Is it possible for me to use a hosting package from GoDaddy or BlueHost with a .com.ng domain? Will a hosting package from these foreign companies work with a .com.ng domain?

2. Is it a general thing with all Nigerian .com.ng registrars? Or just my domain name provider trying to up-sell their other services?

NOTE: MY GOAL IS TO USE MY .COM.NG DOMAIN WITH GOOGLE BLOGGER.

Thank You!
Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by Corson: 12:13am On Sep 13, 2017
efewestern @efewestern

Please, I need your advice. I saw your replies on this thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3718479/nigerian-foreign-host-company#55211778

Can you share your experience with SmartWeb, please? I bought a domain with them yesterday and it appears I'm in soup already.

Also, I would like to know if a hosting package wit unlimited domains from GoDaddy, HostGator or BlueHost will allow me use a .com.ng domain with Google blogger.

With a .com domain, I don't need all these extra works, I buy the domain and I connect it straight to the Blogger blog, but SmartWeb didn't provide me with opportunity to update my DNS, they said I must buy a hosting package. So, if a hosting package is a must, can I use HostGator with a .com.ng domain?
Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by SConnect: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2017
Corson:
Hello Webmasters. Please, I need a little bit of help and explanations.

I bought a .com.ng domain and I tried to link it to a Google Blogger account, but I was told by customer support I need a hosting package to do just that. With a .com domain a hosting package isn't needed to connect to blogger platform blogs.

So, here is my questions below masters.

1. Is it possible for me to use a hosting package from GoDaddy or BlueHost with a .com.ng domain? Will a hosting package from these foreign companies work with a .com.ng domain?

2. Is it a general thing with all Nigerian .com.ng registrars? Or just my domain name provider trying to up-sell their other services?

NOTE: MY GOAL IS TO USE MY .COM.NG DOMAIN WITH GOOGLE BLOGGER.

Thank You!

Just incase, you may be interested in a Reliable Web Hosting Provider for your .com.ng website.

Our unlimited web hosting package is the best, it's super fast and very stable backed with a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Top Features:
Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
Free Automatic Daily Backup
100% Uptime Guarantee
Fully supports Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc
FREE Softaculous Auto Installer
FREE Website Transfer
London, UK Data-center

Starting at ₦2700 First Year using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED
Payments Accepted via Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, PayPal, Naira MasterCard/Verve/Visa & GTBank Internet Banking

Why You Should Host Your Website With Us

UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH/TRAFFIC
At SpeedyConnect.net, worrying about the bandwidth/traffic consumption of your shared hosting account is a thing of the past as each of our shared hosting packages has Unlimited bandwidth/traffic.

WE ARE NOT RESELLERS
We own and manage all our servers, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket.

100% UPTIME GUARANTEE
We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% uptime, which means your website will be online always.

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
Our Hosting prices are very cheap and include an extensive list of features including UNLIMITED web space, UNLIMITED bandwidth, and If you know of any host offering same features at a lower price, just contact us and we will beat it.

FREE AUTOMATIC DAILY BACKUP
Your data are automatically backed up daily and stored in multiple backup servers at no extra cost. Sleep well knowing your data is in safe hands.

YOU BENEFIT FROM HIGH QUALITY HARDWARE & NETWORK
We utilize only High spec Intel Xeon CPU's, Enterprise SATA's & SSD's, fully redundant premium network, 1Gbps Uplink and lot's more.

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

1 Like

Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by Efewestern: 5:42am On Sep 13, 2017
Corson:
efewestern @efewestern

Please, I need your advice. I saw your replies on this thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3718479/nigerian-foreign-host-company#55211778

Can you share your experience with SmartWeb, please? I bought a domain with them yesterday and it appears I'm in soup already.

Also, I would like to know if a hosting package wit unlimited domains from GoDaddy, HostGator or BlueHost will allow me use a .com.ng domain with Google blogger.

With a .com domain, I don't need all these extra works, I buy the domain and I connect it straight to the Blogger blog, but SmartWeb didn't provide me with opportunity to update my DNS, they said I must buy a hosting package. So, if a hosting package is a must, can I use HostGator with a .com.ng domain?

hello, if you buy Domain from smarthweb then you can use it On other host, it's unethical to force you to use their web host.

I prefer host gator or bluehost, tho they're expensive but go for them, wouldn't want to talk about my experience with smartweb, don't want to condemn someone else business, this is a public forum.

If they still didn't allow you to update your nameserver, then you can get transfer to another domain provider.

You can use your. .com.ng, .net. ng or any domain on all host,.

if you are not clear don't hesitate to ask further question.

1 Like

Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by Corson: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2017
Efewestern:

hello, if you buy Domain from smarthweb then you can use it On other host, it's unethical to force you to use their web host.

I prefer host gator or bluehost, tho they're expensive but go for them, wouldn't want to talk about my experience with smartweb, don't want to condemn someone else business, this is a public forum.

If they still didn't allow you to update your nameserver, then you can get transfer to another domain provider.

You can use your. .com.ng, .net. ng or any domain on all host,.

if you are not clear don't hesitate to ask further question.

Thank you, your explanation is crystal clear and my question = answered. Merci.

While I was waiting for your replies I did a little bit more research, and I realised that some of these companies their primary business is web hosting, and they are not resellers to anyone, e.g. 1and1, HostGator, GoDaddy, and Bluehost. Also, some are just domain registrar with web hosting as a side business. Thus they are probably resellers to some other big companies. With this new knowledge plus the fact that you also suggested HostGator/Bluehost, then I'll go with one of them.

I have just one more clarification, sir, will these foreign hosting companies support any domain extension? Even if it's a .ng / .com.ng ?

Once again, thank you for the swift and apt reply.
Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by yomalex(m): 9:17am On Sep 13, 2017
Hello Corson You DO NOT need a hosting package to connect your domain with blogger

1 Like

Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by Corson: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2017
yomalex:
Hello Corson You DO NOT need a hosting package to connect your domain with blogger

Thanks sir, I finally found a solution.
Re: .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host by yomalex(m): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2017
Corson:

Thanks sir, I finally found a solution.
good to know cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / (NEEEDED) Phone Browser Suggestions. / Get Udemy Courses For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.