Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better (595 Views)

With Dollar On The Rise How U Coping With Foreign Host / Cpanel's Price Hike: How May That Affect You As A Host Or Enduser? / .com.ng Domain And Foreign Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by naijablood: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2018
Good day webmasters . need your advise as soon as possible .. just got a project but considering several host option
need your advice and recommendation on the best you ve used before
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by betahost247(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
naijablood:
Good day webmasters . need your advise as soon as possible .. just got a project but considering several host option

Hello,

Beta Host provides Reliable and Web hosting company in Nigeria starting @ N3,500/year, with free .com.ng domain, free ssl certificate, free seo tools and more server resources compared to other web hosting provider in Nigeria.

We also offer free site lock security to help in protecting your website against attack and malware bytes.

Visit us today and experience unbelievable futures from us:

https://www.betahost247.com/webhosting

What does SiteLock do?

SiteLock provides comprehensive website security. It performs website daily scans to identify vulnerabilities or malware. When vulnerabilities or malware are found, you will be alerted immediately. Based on your SiteLock scanner, it will automatically remove any malware on your website. For content management system (CMS) websites, SiteLock can automatically patch found vulnerabilities.

Issues Site Lock Scan For?

SiteLock has the technology to perform a comprehensive website scan that encompasses:

File-based Malware Scanning and Removal: SiteLock performs daily scans of a website's files for malware. If malware is found, the website owner is alerted immediately. SiteLock also offers comprehensive scans to automatically remove the malware.

Vulnerability Scanning: SiteLock performs scans of website applications for common vulnerabilities that could lead to a compromise.

Application Security and Vulnerability Patching: SiteLock has the technology to automatically patch vulnerabilities in content management systems (CMS).
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by velo10: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
naijablood:

Use a foreign host. Would ease your wahala. As for Nigerian hosts, some like whogohost and smartweb is good. However, you must backup regularly.
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by hostkobo(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hi,

foreign hosts and a technically fantastic support guy like me(HostKobo)

read this post: http://www.techtuti.com/disadvantages-hosting-website-nigeria/

msg me on whatsapp, details below for all your support needs.

regards
HK
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by naijablood: 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
thanks guys would appreciate if you can drop the names of reliable foreign host and probably their price
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by Emmysky(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
Abeg oo, Foreign.
You can use: Godaddy, Bluehost, Hostgator, Siteground
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by Julius2214(m): 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
If you don't want something you'll regret, run away from Nigerian hosts. Trust me. I'm speaking from experience. 99 percent of them are just resellers.

Use foreign hosts if you need quality hosting. Though they're costly but you'll get what you pay for.
And for a good one I'll suggest NameCheap:[url=namecheap.pxf.io/c/1276269/386170/5618]www.namecheap.com[/url]
I've been with them for more than 3 years without any issue.

Their basic plan is more than enough for a blog and a corporate website and it costs about 25 dollars per month which I think is very cheap considering what they offer. The basic plan has the following features.
20gb space
Unlimited traffic/bandwidth
Up to 3 domains/websites
Up to 30 subdomains
100 percent uptime
2 backups per week
And they have great support. Chat them up at 2am, they'll answer u in seconds.

Check it out yourself [url=namecheap.pxf.io/c/1276269/386170/5618]www.namecheap.com[/url]
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by jonnyboy4u: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
Bro use QServers.net and thank me later.
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by Ayemileto(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
Well, I launched my first website on January 3 with a Nigeria host whose link I found here on nairaland.

The host seem good and I'm hoping to host another website with them soon.

Though they have changed server like two times.

They sent me a mail onetime like that that the server my website is hosted on is having issues (although the website was online) and they will migrate it to a new server which they did.

But the new server had direct admin panel and not popular ones like c panel and softaculous.

They later sent me another mail that they will migrate the site to c panels due to complaints from other users(I didn't complain since their support helped me find my way around direct admin panel and as a programmer, I easily understand my way around)

After this mail, they migrated the site to c panel although some php includes file become missing.

In short, I have used 3 different admin panel in the few months of hosting with them.

Apart from this, they are good and have a good support(although this might be based on the fact that they are not popular yet.)

Well, I'm working on some other projects and I plan to host them in Nigeria here.

Just the way we have bad hosts in Nigeria, that might have disappointed some people, we have the good ones as well.

And we also have bad foreign hosts. The same host some people are suggesting to you above is the same host some other people will urge you to run away from.

But its good to support Nigerian owned businesses.
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by SConnect: 3:15am On Aug 14, 2018
naijablood:

Our offer may interest you, if you are looking for a Reliable Web Hosting Provider for your project.

SpeedyConnect.net offers you a reliable super fast unlimited web hosting powered by lightning fast Pure SSD drives, LiteSpeed Web Server, cPanel Control Panel, backed by our awesome 24/7/365 customer support.

Our unlimited SSD web hosting package come with all the best premium features for no additional charge:

* Unlimited SSD Web Space
* Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
* cPanel Control Panel
* Softaculous Script Auto-installer (Hundreds of one-click install scripts!)
* Multiple PHP Versions (5.3, 5.4, 5.5, & 5.6, 7.x)
* Always Online 24/7/365 Support
* E-commerce Ready!
* FREE Daily Backups
* FREE DDoS Protection
* FREE Website Migrations (We will migrate your current website, free of charge!)
* FREE Unlimited SSL Certificates
* Click here for a complete feature list

Starting at ₦2700 First Year using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED
Payments Accepted via Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, PayPal, Naira MasterCard/Verve/Visa & GTBank Internet Banking

Visit Our Website: www.speedyconnect.net

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by geek4k(m): 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
Better stick with a foreign host if you really mean business. Most Nigerian owned web host don't meet up with good standard, the only advantage you'll get is the cheap rate. My candid advice!
Re: Foreign Host Or Local Host Please Which Is Better by hostkobo(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2018
Hi guys,

check this http://www.techtuti.com/complete-list-web-hosting-service-providers-nigeria

leave a comment here or there to add your host to it.

regards
HK

(1) (Reply)

Released E-mails Shows That Facebook Struck A Deal Over Users Data / End Of The Year Promo!!! Quality Articles At Reduced Price / How To Start An Online Store In 2019 (step To Take)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.