Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (47858 Views)

My Wife Hates My Daughter From My First Wife / My Wife Hates My Step-Daughter. Please Help / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by NoToPile: 6:04am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher I think I need a new definition of the word hate.

She hardly visit your sis in the same city?
She grumbled when your sis brought a vendor of lower price?
Doesnt Discuss anything with them, (I am suspecting marriage plans) is that really necessary?
she visited your family once before the trad and so?
She's not happy when you discuss with them on phone(I am sure this also has to do with wedding plans, what you are suppose to plan with her is it your sisters that's doing it?)

Has she said your sisters can't visit you guys after marriage?
Has she insulted them openly in your presence, or even outrightly blasted them.

This your own definition of hate get as e be.

If your sister has to tell you that you should give your wife good money for wedding gown then she may be right about the controlling aspect, some things are not really necessary.

They told me to...
They told me to...
Na so e dey start.

I don't know how they plan weddings where you come from oo, but I think some decisions about some things should be taken by you and wifey.

Guy be smart, you should be smart enough to know how to manage your sisters and your wifey, 5 sisters and one wife is not easy to manage that's just the simple truth, your sisters will always want to tell you what to do, its natural wifey too will always want you to do what she says, if you don't manage this well you will have a disaster in your hands. Its not about your sister loving your wife and vice versa its about boundaries now that has to be respected, this one you are saying is not hate at all. If you jam correct hater you won't even have time to type on nairaland.

Re evaluate yourself, and how you see her view your family. Some people are not very mushy about their own relatives and in-laws, its not even hate, some live in the city and don't see themselves for even a year.

Except there are other things your wife does apart from all you be stated on this thread.

By the way you are married oo, if you divorce this lady and marry another you will most likely have the same challenge again. Women and wahala are 5 and 6.

4 Likes

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by davidadenrele: 6:04am On Sep 14, 2017
Oyindidi:
Why do I have the huge to insult you for your last sentence. angry
That girl is wicked for hating your family for no reason. Where was your wife when they were training you? Weak men everywhere.

You can imagine yourself calliing men weak if you are going give an advise, give it politely you don't have to give it with insult to all "men" ain't you a product of a man? respect is resprocial, for the fact you few mega bytes of data to use on nairaond should not call for insult.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 14, 2017
AuroraB:
And every of these small online advisers have condemned the lady! See 'dump her' 'call off the wedding'
Nobody should bring his or her relationship problems on here again, marriage especially, Chai! You go fear shocked. See them Internet warriors!
I have relatives living in the same city with me, I have not visited in 4yrs. So, not visiting a suitor's sister would mean hate? I laugh
Op, better mind the advice you'll take from here ooooo
Jambites dey this NL too. You see them on FP on a regular undecided

He came online to seek for advice, 90% of us said he should leave her i hope he adheres..
I wonder what has happened to sitting the lady down and asking her why she is so "unruly and rude" then he can make a decision from there.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by shewshi: 6:08am On Sep 14, 2017
it means she doesn't love you too!!!!!!
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by shewshi: 6:09am On Sep 14, 2017
Lomantics:

He came online to seek for advice, 90% of us said he should leave her i hope he adheres..
I wonder what has happened to sitting the lady down and asking her why she is so "unruly and rude" then he can make a decision from there.
very true

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 14, 2017
She adores her own family, she despises yours and for no reason at that, and you are just noticing?, if it was the same way she treats her family it would have been a different case, so Mr man, you better put that wedding on hold, if not she will scare your family away from you, and Lord help you if her family is the controlling type, they will tag team with their daughter to take turns to suck you dry
Talk to her and her family about it first, and see how it goes, if all odds fail then involve your family and demand for your bride price back, simple
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Tedassie(m): 6:25am On Sep 14, 2017
Oyindidi:
That girl is wicked for hating your family for no reason. Where was your wife when they were training you?Weak men like my dad,uncles&male cousins everywhere.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by vanhelsing1(m): 6:31am On Sep 14, 2017
ma young friend.dis is a very delicate issue.fellow nairalanders have forgotten dat u av done d traditional marriage wt u.dey keep giving u tough advice.but d truth is,,,u should have found out during dating?or r y trying to say u jus discovered dis after ur traditional marriage.
one bitter truth is.....no matter how u try to convince her,she has alredy displayed how its goin to b after marige.am not sure dat mind set of hers will change..think bat dis very carefully n den make ur final decision.
she forgets dat as she get married to u,she marries ur family.plss take d bull by d horn.b smart.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by zeusdgrt(m): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2017
elektra:

How does she express this hatred?
Does she get visibly angry? Does she yell at you for talking to them?
I want to know because one of the reasons you feel she hates your family is because she has never visited your sister.
My brother's wife has never visited me without my brother but I have never felt that she does not like me, in fact we respect each other very much.
Also she had not visited your family before you got married, were you fine with that? She might not know that you expect her to visit your sister since you never indicated so during courtship.
You have not stated that she has disrespected them in any way she just isn't making an effort to get close to them. Is that right? In that case she might just be the type that like to mind her business in marriage.
You said she met your family only once before the traditional marriage. Since you want the type of woman that is very interactive with your family, I feel you should have created more opportunities for her to spend time with your family before you got married.
My dear have seen ladies hate in laws for no reason,some even go as far wishing for their husband to be mother should die before they get married
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by id4sho(m): 6:33am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
Good morning wonderful nairalanders.

I Am having a very delicate family issues now. I am an only son of my family and 5 sisters all married, since I brought my wife to be to them they all love her with passion and they keep telling me to take good care of the girl, they keep warning me not to treat her bad.

My sister love my Wife with passion including my aged mother but my wife to be in return hates them openly to me.

She doesn't like me mention them before her or discuss any thing with them. But she adores her family so much. We have finished traditional marriage remaining church wedding which is next two weeks from today.

During our preparations my family has noticed her long mute with them in issues of our wedding arrangement, they ask me but I told them that my wife is a shy type that doesn't talk too much but I was lying.

N/B they have not done anything evil to her and they will not think about it because they all fear me but my confusion Now is why my wife hates them? One of my sister lives in the same city with my wife but she hardly visits her.

My fellow comrades please what do I do? I can't hate my sisters because they and their husbands train me in the university . I came from a poor home but seeing the love I have for education all My sisters and their husbands swear that I must attend university . My God's grace I am working in one of the best organization in the country now am comfortable. Do I chase my family away now because of a woman I am getting married to? Help am confused.

Thanks in anticipation
Bros, to be sincere. You have to be strict and decisive when taking actions. Speaking from experience though mine a step mum. Once she gets that marriage she's yearning for, she will start the enemity full blown .surprise her by hearing from the other side when she makes allegations and it seems she is coming from a poor background. Pls don't be blinded by love to see her mistakes, for no reason should you be separated from your blood sisters and mom.you are the youngest but the strongest because of the man in you and it seems she is aware of your finances and giving to your relatives. God has revealed the type of future partner you have. Take caution

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by kennypedia(m): 6:36am On Sep 14, 2017
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

You mean you went forward to join your old family with a prospective new knowing there is a discord from the onset? Well, you are married already, and you have sown the seed of discord already. Good luck.
What is this man saying? Mtchweeew
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by roundman: 6:37am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
A little of what transpired between us two days ago. In one of the people we want to use for our wedding, the person she recommended charge a huge amount of money which I can not pay, then I contacted my sisters to look for other person's we can use lo and behold they found people with a big difference in price variations so I decide to settle with the ones my sister recommended hence they will render same quality of services. Immediately I told her the latest, she started grumbling and saying that my sisters are controlling me that they can't come to her own family and decides what happens, I was shocked to hear that again after I caution her some months back for using this same language. My brethren 400k and 280k are they same thing? This is just a tip of her yelling about my sisters. My sisters don't know about this oh now, as am writing now my elder sister called me now and was telling me to make sure that I give My wife money to select a good wedding gown . They even told me last time that I should make sure I buy car for her before she born her first child to lessen the stress of her carrying a child in Keke or bike or Taxi. What do we call this?
This woman has a mind set already,she wants to sevear any closeness you have with ur sisters maybe that's what her mother did to her father,my advice for you don't let anything distroy ur relationship with ur family befor you know she will add ur mum,she is a strange woman.let her go ASAP
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by kennypedia(m): 6:40am On Sep 14, 2017
vanhelsing1:
ma young friend.dis is a very delicate issue.fellow nairalanders have forgotten dat u av done d traditional marriage wt u.dey keep giving u tough advice.but d truth is,,,u should have found out during dating?or r y trying to say u jus discovered dis after ur traditional marriage.
one bitter truth is.....no matter how u try to convince her,she has alredy displayed how its goin to b after marige.am not sure dat mind set of hers will change..think bat dis very carefully n den make ur final decision.
she forgets dat as she get married to u,she marries ur family.plss take d bull by d horn.b smart.
Who traditional marriage epp. She can never be submissive. She will only make the man miserable and maybe a woman beater

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by kennypedia(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2017

If his family offended her her husband to be will know through her behavior and his families behavior
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by kennypedia(m): 6:45am On Sep 14, 2017
vanhelsing1:
Who traditional marriage epp. She can never be submissive. She will only make the man miserable and maybe a woman beater
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by einsteino(m): 6:46am On Sep 14, 2017
Oyindidi:
That girl is wicked for hating your family for no reason. Where was your wife when they were training you? Weak men everywhere.

inshort one orijin for u.. i didnt understand why the rest folks were typing epistles. no point wasting too much words on him, for any ma/woman to contemplate ditching his/her family that has stood by him/her since birth for a spouse that hates them unprovokenly, that person is just a bumbling idiot.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by zeusdgrt(m): 6:47am On Sep 14, 2017
OboOlora:
OP, I pity u! U r seeking advice to a lifelong issue from single underaged boiz n girls on a faceless forum? What happened to life coaches or marriage counselors?
Nice pic
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by betty3(f): 6:49am On Sep 14, 2017
Family 1st, u didn't fall 4r heaven, u came thru s/where, if she truely love u, she "must" love ur family no matter what, if she insist not to love & accept them, then she's not a gud wife.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by GogetterMD(m): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
Thanks brother. From your questions, no encounter at all between her and my family members she just hate to hear me talking with them on phone. Like you said she never showed me this before traditional marriage and my family just saw her ones before our traditional marriage if she had started this before our TM I won't have dare go to see her people talk of carrying drinks.
She probably thinks you are doing too much for your family, more than you are doing for her. However, that doesn't mean that bridging that gap will solve this conundrum, the wedding proper needs to be suspended for the time being
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by bibijay123(f): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
Thanks brother. From your questions, no encounter at all between her and my family members she just hate to hear me talking with them on phone. Like you said she never showed me this before traditional marriage and my family just saw her ones before our traditional marriage if she had started this before our TM I won't have dare go to see her people talk of carrying drinks.

Instead of sending her away like some people here are saying you can find ways to bring her closer to your family. Always insist and put your foot down on some issues cos you are the husband n not her. If you want her to visit your sis then tell her so, sometimes ask her to give your mom a call and check up on her. She's yet to know them well and she might be scared of them. But if you think my words makes no sense, please don't quote back just go home and send her away.

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by LOGISTICS10: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2017
Thank Ur God for letting u kno before it is tu late, I am a leaving witness but u av to act fast before it is tu late. I will advice u suspend any arrangements u av for the wedding till further notice also do not impregnate her yet as she may use that to hold u down. Ppu like dat there thoughts is ME AND MY HUSBAND. The ball is in Ur Court

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by zeusdgrt(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2017
Fame333:
Have noticed this in families long before now...

When in laws like d wife ...she in turn will hate them then in the scenario where wife like the in laws low and behold d family will hate her...

And I now wonder is it the Nigeria mentality or
this have to do with the way one is brought
up?
Love is the most expensive thing in Nigeria now

Charity beginnings at home sad
Love is not the most expensive, just that the kind of guys that will love are not given good consideration ladies rather choose the ones that are booked.That's y they get hurt,make ur man and stop looking for alrdy made
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Moon70: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2017
It is better to clear the the issue before the church wedding. Talking from experience.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by onomz: 6:58am On Sep 14, 2017
guy,dia r many fishes in d ocean,a woman can b replaced but ur family can't be replaced o,a small word is enof 4d wise.shikina

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by elipheleh(m): 6:59am On Sep 14, 2017
coolcatty:
Smh

This marriage is so so heading to the rocks.... See massive red flag.

10k bet that this marriage won't get to 1year mark.

Who's betting with me on this?
It's a lie. Me I bet you it won't last 10 months. Who want make I chop him money. ?
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by blackbliz: 6:59am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
Good morning wonderful nairalanders.

I Am having a very delicate family issues now. I am an only son of my family and 5 sisters all married, since I brought my wife to be to them they all love her with passion and they keep telling me to take good care of the girl, they keep warning me not to treat her bad.

My sister love my Wife with passion including my aged mother but my wife to be in return hates them openly to me.

She doesn't like me mention them before her or discuss any thing with them. But she adores her family so much. We have finished traditional marriage remaining church wedding which is next two weeks from today.

During our preparations my family has noticed her long mute with them in issues of our wedding arrangement, they ask me but I told them that my wife is a shy type that doesn't talk too much but I was lying.

N/B they have not done anything evil to her and they will not think about it because they all fear me but my confusion Now is why my wife hates them? One of my sister lives in the same city with my wife but she hardly visits her.

My fellow comrades please what do I do? I can't hate my sisters because they and their husbands train me in the university . I came from a poor home but seeing the love I have for education all My sisters and their husbands swear that I must attend university . My God's grace I am working in one of the best organization in the country now am comfortable. Do I chase my family away now because of a woman I am getting married to? Help am confused.

Thanks in anticipation
Baba a woman that truly loves you will love everything that is around you, the problem most ladies make is that they want everything to be for them lone. You said you came form a poor background am very sure if u are not OK she will never give u attention not to thing of dating you that will now lead to marriage. Your family � has you have said loves you more than she do. Dont rush in what will give you problem for the rest of your life, marriage is a life time engagement. Let me around it up here your love is not what she sees in you, women follow people that they biw will have or has a better career. Shine your eye........,.........

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by AgbaraOpic: 7:00am On Sep 14, 2017
My brother, you better sit her down and tell her that you cannot continue with marriage anymore.she will ask you why, and you will narrated all your observation about her characters to your family and you need someone that will love you with your family without sentiment because you don't want regret of married wrong wife

1 Like

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by elipheleh(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2017
amliftedhigher:
please I was only asking a question. I didn't and will not try to dissociate with my family members?

Mr man, keep quiet cos you are a weak man. Just accept that. If it's I won't even contemplate the marriage to such a wicked human being. Your wife's soul is dark. To even think you are asking for advice in fact is outrageously insane.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by otitokoroleti: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2017
nurshah:

Talk which sense you think she will change guy abeg....
maybe
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by broswilli: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2017
Let me contribute a bit. I don't know ur wife. I don't know ur sisters, but Women are a bit different from men believe it or not. Your wife wants a man not controlled by his sisters, if she fells you are controlled by them she will eventually hate you.

Your sisters will definitely want to control you, without regarding that you are now a man. Your wife will hate that. If they are contributing to the marriage ceremonies don't let your wife know. After the wedding or right now start turning down some of the request of ur sisters, like little brother can you help to pick my husband from the airport.

Please note that women control Men and most times the men don't know. Their husbands may complain, "You are disturbing ur younger brother too much", and their reply would be, "Don't worry he is my younger brother".

No Woman wants to marry a man controlled by another Woman or Man. If he is to be controlled then they should do the controlling.

Watch yourself if you have madr these mistakes if not you know what to do, the other post has already mentioned useful decisions to make.

2 Likes

Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by SycophanticGoat: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

I think I understand a bit of what is going on. My brother, you might not be able to understand if your sisters are over involving themselves in your business because they are your sisters it is someone outside that will notice it instead.

You have a point in saying your sister's option is better in this case but your wife to be must have noticed their over involvement in other issues which is upsetting her already. This doesn't mean she hates them but you might have been telling her stories about your sisters involvement in your life affairs, to you it's ok but to her it might seem odd because she's from a different family

Try to understand her more, make her feel comfortable with them by helping her to feel secure in your love, this can be done through occasional reassurance.

Good luck

A quick question: where was this woman when the OP's sisters were over involved in the upkeep and education of the OP? A sensible woman should even owe the success of her husband to his family and for that reason should be very close to the family members.
Re: My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation by Skmoda360(m): 7:11am On Sep 14, 2017
coolcatty:
Smh
This marriage is so so heading to the rocks.... See massive red flag.
10k bet that this marriage won't get to 1year mark.
Who's betting with me on this?
i'm doubling the 10k on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife / So My Woman Has Been Cheating Me!! / Maternity Shoot Of 4 Pregnant Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.