Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

The Lord Wants You Fixed For Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Wants You Fixed For Good (239 Views)

GOD Wants you to be Perfect/Holy / Oh Lord Open Your Book Of Remembrance And Remember Me For Good / God Only Wants You To Be Holy, Healthy And Highly Successful - Rev Tony Akinyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Wants You Fixed For Good by ken2015: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2017
THE LORD WANTS YOU FIXED FOR GOOD
One thing remarkable in the Life of Jesus is his gentleness; and gentleness is a mark of love. Our Lord Jesus was gentle with all people, but in particular were those knocked down by life, those regarded as very sinful and lost to hell forever, those rejected and regarded as condemned to God’s wrath. The Lord came to help such people because society had written them off. Jesus loved and still loves bringing out the best in people. Jesus doesn’t look at anyone as a goner. He is the one through whom all things were made and for whom they exist. He is the potter and we are the clay; no life can damage beyond what he can fix. The woman caught in adultery, the tax collectors despised by all, the thief on the cross, the Samaritan at the Well side, married and divorced many times; Jesus met them as they were and cleansed them, poured fresh water on them and gave them a new name. The people regarding themselves as unloved he showed the deepest of love. The people termed ‘not my people’ by religious folks he called his brothers and sisters. Such was the gentleness with which Jesus dealt with everyone; such is the gentleness with which he deals with us even now.
We read in Matthew 12:20, "Jesus would not break a bruised or a battered reed and would not put off a dimly burning wick." A reed is a very small little thing. If it were bruised or battered, most people would throw it away and pick another reed, because reeds are cheap. But Jesus wouldn't do it; even now he cannot do it. And a wick that is burning very dimly, Jesus would fan it to flame. That is what it says there. He would not quench a dimly burning wick. If you are like a battered reed - weak, most of your life broken and trampled upon by circumstances, you are fearful and always filled with a sense of filthiness and unworthiness, if you always feel rejected and think yourself as a-never-do-good then you are just the right kind of person Jesus is looking for. You need not be afraid of him; you need not shy away from him. You need not behave as Peter who jumped into water upon hearing “it is the Lord,” because he had denied him thrice and as a result was ashamed of seeing his face. You need not behave like Judas who out of guilt went and hung himself. You need not behave like those disciples who left Jesus because they thought his ways are tough and hard his sayings. As a good potter, he delights in fixing those works of his considered as unfit for repair.
It does not matter how you see yourself presently; it does not matter how your family members, friends, spouse, co-workers see you; it does not even matter how Satan sees you. Satan may tell you that you cannot be any better than you are now; he may tell you to quit trying to live holy and in love, that you have already become a hardened sinner, a serial looser, a promiscuous wretch. You know, it's not his fault he could say that to you. You know what the Lord calls him—the Father of all lies, hence you do not expect him to tell you the truth about yourself. His lies do not matter. What matters is how Jesus sees you. Noteworthy is the fact that he sees you as God sees you, as someone he could die for, as one bearing his very image and likeness, as a victor and not a victim, as one carrying his glory. He saw the good qualities in the Magdalene; he saw the good qualities in the tax collectors, Matthew and Zacchaeus, the same with the serial Samaritan divorcee. He still sees, and more profoundly so, the good qualities in people. His love for you is not sentimental. Out of love, he may rebuke you, even with strong words of admonition like the one he did to Peter, but his rebuke is to bring out the best in you. Only a father who sincerely loves his child and wants the best for him or her would rebuke with strong admonition whenever the child is on the verge on loosing it all. Has Jesus rebuked you before, anywise? That sure shows he LOVES YOU DEEPLY and wants you to represent him well.
We are living in the end times. Happenings around the world attest to this fact. I have told you how much Jesus loves you and wants you well. Yet a day is coming, and fast approaching, when Jesus will judge each man according to his or her deeds. Then his love will protect all those who gave their lives to him and lived according to his dictates. But his justice will make sure the wicked reap in full all the fruits of their labour. Hell is a real place. The place of torment isn’t a joke. Abba Father never meant it for humans but for Lucifer and his minions. But those who in life chose the way of the Father of lies will certainly spend eternity there with him. Don't be fooled by some doctrines of demons selling in many churches and places of worship now which seek to deny the existence of Hell as a pit of fire and sulfur.Would you like to make Jesus your Lord and savior today? If yes say this prayer from your heart:
Lord Jesus Christ, from the depth of my heart I come to you today. I thank you for paying with your own blood the eternal price needed for my redemption. I acknowledge that I am a sinner; I confess my sins to you (confess those sins separating you from the Lord. For Catholics, be humble enough to see a priest after and confess your sins equally). Forgive my sins and blot out my name from the book of death. I confess you today as my Lord and savior. I believe in my heart that God raised you from the dead. Give me Lord the grace to overcome sin and every sinful inclination. Fix my life, Lord, and help me to become a better me in you. Thank you for saving me today. By grace, I receive now your righteousness; I receive the power to live the blessed life, Amen.
Rev. Br. Kenneth Chigozie Alamezie, BSS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#factsbyaderichards / He Has Shown You / Who Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.