Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead (19484 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Fire Burns Shops, Cars In Ibadan. Two Feared Dead / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by kingtobi95: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2017
We have lost everything, victims cry out

A tenant was burnt to death yesterday while a landlord’s son was injured during a morning inferno, which gutted a house at the Somolu area of Lagos State. The fire, which ravaged a storey-building, started about 1a.m. from the first floor, where the landlord’s son’s apartment is located.

The landlord’s son, Abiola, was said to have lit a candle and fell asleep. Unfortunately, the candle fell on the rug in his apartment.

The rug caught fire which spread to other apartments. The tenant, identified simply as Al-Wajud, was said to be drunk before going to bed and thus, was deep in his sleep when the fire started. He died before he could be rushed to the hospital.

The incident, which happened at House 4, Akinrinlo Street, threw occupants and members of the community into mourning.

One of the victims, who identified himself simply as Adebolawe, said: “We were sleeping about 1a.m. when we heard a loud sound from the roof of the building. “Immediately we heard the sound, every tenant in the house rushed out only to see flame on the roof of the building.

We started running around, looking for water to put out the fire. While we were looking for water, my wife was struggling to rescue the children and to savage some of our property. Unfortunately we couldn’t bring out anything. Fire consumed everything.”

Another victim, Mr. Akeem Ismaila, said: “The fire destroyed all I have laboured for in life. It was a terrible situation; right now, I don’t know where to start from.

Even my wife’s money, which she was supposed to use to stock her shop, was burnt to ashes. My children wouldn’t be able to go to school as their uniform and school materials were all burnt.

“Government should come to our aid. This is not the first time the building would go up in flames; two years ago, the building caught fire but was later rebuilt. This is another fire.” Firefighters were said to have arrived the scene about 3a.m., after the fire had burnt down the whole building.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/09/tenant-dies-fire-guts-two-storey-building/

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by kingtobi95: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by DIKEnaWAR: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2017
Your wife was trying to save your children and salvage some of your properties while you were busy looking for water to save the roof of the house.

Who do this man?

9 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by expensiveguyman(m): 11:00am On Sep 13, 2017
Firefighters were said to have arrived the scene about 3a.m., after the fire had burnt down the whole building
What a nation even before clicking on ds topic I already expected one thing and I wasn't disappointed at all.

In my country Nigeria those that are trusted to save us will always be missing in times of emergency, they will only appear when d damage is already done.

Ds nation has nothing good to offer it citizens, it pains me a lot dat I find myself in ds mess of a country cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by funmilade4real(m): 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
omgh
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by benosky(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Bad news. Emergency response unit in this country is still lagging.

Me: l ike this iPhone X, its cool and sleek...I will like to have it...

Account:

4 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
b
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by silasweb(m): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
So some people still use candle. Well, i prefer rechargable lamp

5 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by loadedvibes: 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
Candle of how much burn full building... and maybe one tenant there be on generator they flex inside house o.

Moral of the story: if you on generator your neighbour no get light connect bulb light give am

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by uruego(f): 12:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by olaezebala: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Aye le , ibosi o
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by cr7rooney10(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
K
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by austonclint(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Two infernos in the same house in 3 years?
I have a bad feeling about that house.

3 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Johnkennie(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sad story... 2Times now.

Pack Out Bros!
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by three: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
No light for a week and counting

In some countries candles are hard to come by as barring their use for romantic overtures and considering the obvious risk factors they are hardly sold.

1 Like

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Yomad: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
Rest on sir
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2017
uruego:
awwwwwwwwwwwwww
lipsrsealed
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by dakeskese(m): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2017

Which kind wahala be this
RIP to d dead
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by haryorbarmie83(m): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
RIP
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
benosky:
Bad news. Emergency response unit in this country is still lagging.

Me: l ike this iPhone X, its cool and sleek...I will would like to have it...

Account:
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by cr7rooney10(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
#20 candle burn 20 m house hmmmm
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by ahamonyeka(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2017
That's an ugly situation.
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by eagleonearth(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
it happened to me in my first year in university. one crazy Edo boy used candle to read in my room. he lay down on the rug and read, he fell asleep there only for me to wake up and discover a a large portion of my new rug burnt. I thank God it didn't escalate. I started hating candles slowly from that day though.
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by clems88(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
olaezebala:
Aye le , ibosi o
grin

1 Like

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by annyberry: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
na lyk dis me and my neighbors for die yesterday,were one Yeye electrician did wrong connection on d change over, dat almost finished us by 1am.......tank God for our lives

2 Likes

Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by femo122: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2017
embarassed God help us
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by opalu: 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
Too bad
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by euphorbia(f): 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
government should come to their aid? to do what exactly?
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by bedspread: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2017
In Lagos if A Building is not collapsing it Burning....
Re: Candle Fire Burns Two-storey Building In Lagos, A Tenant Dead by squarelead(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Candle? Why not use rechargeable lamp nw. Candle has cause more pain than gain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Abibu Oki, Lagos Island (Photos) / Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others / Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.