Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Guides To Design Ebook & Print Book Covers With Adobe Photoshop - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guides To Design Ebook & Print Book Covers With Adobe Photoshop (845 Views)

Few Guides To Writing A Brilliant Cover Letter / Guides To Setup Your Kindle Unlimited & Amazon Prime Membership / Adobe Photoshop Tutorial With Download Links - Basics Of Graphics Ecover Designs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guides To Design Ebook & Print Book Covers With Adobe Photoshop by microsofttutor(m): 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
Adobe Photoshop is the most popular offline photo editing tool used to create stunning designs. Professional Book Cover designs really speak a lot about the content of a book. It attracts a potential buyer's attention even before the buyer reads your book's description. There are many awesome software that allow help you to easily design your book cover be it eBook, paperback or print book for publishing in any book publishing platform like amazon and CreateSpace. Some of these software allow you design offline like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign which work hand in hand with Adobe Illustrator while some are online tools like Canva, Adobe Spark, Cover Design Studio, etc. Adobe Photoshop is also used to edit pictures, social media pictures, design ad banners, page logo, etc.

How to design book covers with Adobe Photoshop
In this tutorial article, I will give you a step by step guide on how to design professional eBook and hard cover for your books especially for publishing on Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and CreateSpace. I will also give you a list of some recommended online graphic tools that can help you design awesome and professional book covers. You must have a basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop interface or workspace before you can follow up in this tutorial article. I already explained the basic concepts of Adobe Photoshop in my previous article, especially how to manipulate layers and texts. I advise you to study it before you continue with this tutorial article. I also gave three free working download links to cracked versions of Adobe Photoshop CS6 and CC.

I also wrote tutorial article on How to design professional ebook covers and images with Canva, an online free tool at http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/09/how-to-design-professional-book-covers-with-canva.html

Print Book Cover Versus eBook Cover Design

The design pattern for Print book or Paperback covers are slightly different from that of eBook covers. eBook covers design is simpler in the sense that it requires fewer steps because it is only made up of just the front design. It has no back or spine. The basic parts of an eBook cover include the Title, Sub title (optional), Images (optional), Author name, etc.

Below is a labelled screenshot of a finished eBook cover design sample of one of my amazon books in Adobe Photoshop CS6.
Screenshot: eBook cover sample

Print book and Paperback covers resemble an opened book which is made up of the front, spine and the back. The design steps are longer than that of an ecover design. The dimension is more than twice that of an ecover of the same size. The parts of a print book or paperback cover include all the parts of an eBook plus the book blurb which is the little description about a book and the author located at the back of the cover, the barcode/ ISBN area where you place your book’s barcode and ISBN.

For Amazon paperback and CreateSpace print book design, you only have to create a space for the bar code and ISBN at the back part of the cover design because they offer free ISBNs for their books which cannot be used in any other online book platform. But if you want to sell the print book in other platforms, then you have to buy an ISBN for your book.

Below is a labelled screenshot of a finished print book design sample of one the paperback version of the same book in Adobe Photoshop.
Screenshot: Print book sample

So now that you have seen the difference between an eBook cover and that of a Print book, let me now walk you through the design steps of each of them.

How to Setup and Design an eBook Cover in Adobe Photoshop

Before you start designing an eBook cover, ensure that you have done a keyword research and have concluded on the keyword phrases to use for your book. If you wish to add an image to your book design, search for a relevant image and download it on your computer and save it on a location where you can easily locate it. Also conclude on the background colour and font styles and colours to use. This will help to increase your design speed and accuracy.

NOTE:

You don’t need a template for an eBook. You have to set it up from scratch in Photoshop by creating a new document.
To Design and Setup Your ecover in Photoshop:
Click http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/09/how-to-design-book-covers-with-adobe-photoshop.html to read full tutorial article with screen to screen images

Re: Guides To Design Ebook & Print Book Covers With Adobe Photoshop by SRK1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
PROFESSIONAL Ebook formatters and cover designers needed!

We are a writing firm that needs EXPERT cover designer and people that can format ebook for publishing.

The formatting part involves laying out the e-book according to a template we will send you, or sometimes in accordance with the templates of popular publishing platforms as Kindle, Scrivener, Smashwords and other similar platforms.

The cover design involves using anything from Powerpoint, Photoshop or any other application at all, to design eye-catching and elegant covers. You will be supplied with all texts that will go onto the cover.

This is an ongoing relationship with a tendency of getting high work volume.

If you are up for this, get in touch ASAP at:

mavenwriter02@gmail.com.

We still need professional writers, both creative and expert nonfiction writers at this firm.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Ccna Training In Lagos / I Love My Job, Do You / Free Lessons On Mini-importation And Dropshipping For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.