Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari (2256 Views)

Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security / Publish Names, Authentic Figures Of Fallen Metele Heroes, Ezekwesili Tells Buhar / Publish Identities Of Melete Army Base Attack Victims, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by Fvckboy: 1:32am On Sep 14, 2017
A former Minister of Education , Oby Ezekwesili , has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to stop being a sectional leader and take the moral high ground.
Ezekwesili , who supported Buhari during the 2015 presidential election , urged the President to act as a true leader by showing love to all .
The former minister said this in a series of tweets on Twitter while reacting to the recent deployment of soldiers in the South - East codenamed Operation Python Dance 2 .
She stated , “ It is tragic that you , our President , Muhammadu Buhari, have deliberately or inadvertently alienated a segment of the people you lead . It is tragic . ”
Ezekwesili said it was wrong of Buhari to punish an entire geopolitical zone because of the actions of a few.
She added , “ The leader of a country cannot be friends only of those he /she likes . No . That is not leadership . The leader builds up groups . Not divide . You cannot lead only those that worship and swear by you . You are the leader . You must carry the burden even of those that detest you .
“ It is the lowest form of churlishness that is unbecoming of a leader to send signals that you dislike anyone of the groups you lead . A leader is a winner. When a winner acts like a loser , things go wrong in their kingdom . Real leaders build a bond with all their people .
“ Worst is when a leader makes enemies of most because he abhors the action of one or a few. That is not leadership! That is ethnic prejudice. A real leader does not suffer from the destructive disease of ethnic prejudice. It endangers his/her people and real leaders cannot bear such . ”
http://punchng.com/stop-being-tribal-leader-ezekwesili-tells-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 14, 2017
shut up woman

4 Likes

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by baralatie(m): 1:40am On Sep 14, 2017
the earlier ekwesili fights against the actions and activities of the few such as KANU and ipob the better for the Igbo instead of making photo shoot and ignoring the anti Nigeria,anti govt,anti constitution and inflammatory comments erupting from these "Igbo secessionist groups"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 14, 2017
The president who said he belongs to everyone and belong to no one after taking oath of office is a hypocrite and a bigot.He appointed his immediate family as Director of DSS,Chairman of efcc,Police IG,Chief of staff,Chief of army staff,COAS,Chief of air staff.95% of appointment is given to the north.Mosttimes recruitment and appointment into top positions are carried out secretly.He belongs to his family and the north not to everyone as he claimed.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by navada99: 1:50am On Sep 14, 2017
Fvckboy:
A former Minister of Education , Oby Ezekwesili , has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to stop being a sectional leader and take the moral high ground.
Ezekwesili , who supported Buhari during the 2015 presidential election , urged the President to act as a true leader by showing love to all .
The former minister said this in a series of tweets on Twitter while reacting to the recent deployment of soldiers in the South - East codenamed Operation Python Dance 2 .
She stated , “ It is tragic that you , our President , Muhammadu Buhari, have deliberately or inadvertently alienated a segment of the people you lead . It is tragic . ”
Ezekwesili said it was wrong of Buhari to punish an entire geopolitical zone because of the actions of a few.
She added , “ The leader of a country cannot be friends only of those he /she likes . No . That is not leadership . The leader builds up groups . Not divide . You cannot lead only those that worship and swear by you . You are the leader . You must carry the burden even of those that detest you .
“ It is the lowest form of churlishness that is unbecoming of a leader to send signals that you dislike anyone of the groups you lead . A leader is a winner. When a winner acts like a loser , things go wrong in their kingdom . Real leaders build a bond with all their people .
“ Worst is when a leader makes enemies of most because he abhors the action of one or a few. That is not leadership! That is ethnic prejudice. A real leader does not suffer from the destructive disease of ethnic prejudice. It endangers his/her people and real leaders cannot bear such . ”
http://punchng.com/stop-being-tribal-leader-ezekwesili-tells-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 1:52am On Sep 14, 2017
When will she condemn this?

Armed Southeast Igbo Youths Searching Vehicles for Hausa/Fulani to Annihilate In Aba South East, Nigeria.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154835018047703&id=96184337702&_rdr

Sahara reporters

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5960511_screenshot201709140022131_jpeg904ca9978d7f039b60a14c3d88d54378

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by OkpekeBeauty: 1:54am On Sep 14, 2017
i said it, gradually all Igbos will be won over the same way I am. I never believed i will ever support this until Buhari gave me no other choice. Soon the Igbo celebrities will join then the politicians. Mark my words: Buhari will break Nigeria peacefully while trying to unite it forcefully

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by kenny987(f): 1:57am On Sep 14, 2017
Oby Ezekwesili should sit her dirty black ass down. She's one of those that brought this calamity in form of a cadaver into office so she shouldn't suddenly wake up to his hatred which he never disguised or denied. Foolish woman!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by EmeeNaka: 2:08am On Sep 14, 2017
Buhari is a huge calamity against Igbo people but an Igbo adage said that, " when a snake dodges to avoid being killed, the person killing it also must dodge to avoid being bitten'.
In Bible, the Bible made it clear that there is a time for their everything. Nnamdi Kanu is making a thoughtless mistakes in the name of democracy and human right. It will be childish to expect Buhari, who has shown clear hatred to Igbos, to ignore him/IPOB. Kanu deserves whatever he got.
Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by mazimee(m): 2:13am On Sep 14, 2017
Those who are secretly rejoicing over the killings by The Nigerian army in the East should remember that God is still God.

No one will escape his judgment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:15am On Sep 14, 2017
mazimee:
Those who are secretly rejoicing over the killings by The Nigerian army in the East should remember that God is still God.

Remember when Ibos were rejoicing over Mile12 attack? God was listening through Bluetooth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:17am On Sep 14, 2017
mazimee:

Remember when Ibos were rejoicing over Mile12 attack? God was listening through Bluetooth.

During the Miles 12 attack, didn't we tell you it will be your turn? What did Ibos do? They ridiculed the SW and Yoruba people. Please enjoy your time, when it comes our time, we too will enjoy it. But don't come here playing "I care about you" card. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by mazimee(m): 2:20am On Sep 14, 2017
okway2:

Like I said earlier, God is still God.
Everyman will be paid accordingly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:22am On Sep 14, 2017
mazimee:

Like I said earlier, God is still God.
Everyman will be paid accordingly.

Maybe God is selling you market and you're paying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by MrRhymes101(m): 2:24am On Sep 14, 2017
So nobody is even charging the government to work?? na tribalism be our problem NW. no wonder Africa is where she is... wedding MC

1 Like

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by mazimee(m): 2:26am On Sep 14, 2017
okway2:

You can go ahead and make mockery of this issue.
I have made my submission.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:28am On Sep 14, 2017
mazimee:

You can go ahead and make mockery of this issue.
I have made my submission.

This is not mockery. Heed to your own advice.

okway2:

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:28am On Sep 14, 2017
MrRhymes101:
So nobody is even charging the government to work?? na tribalism be our problem NW. no wonder Africa is where she is... wedding MC

Which people are you asking the charge the government to work?

All the people you've insulted and belittled?

Who are your allies?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by HeGeMon(m): 2:45am On Sep 14, 2017
Next election, I don't think the ibos will repeat their mistakes of 2015 again, the will throng out en-masse to vote their choice, and not sit in their houses & shops like they did formerly. Hope they are learning lessons of strategy & alliances, not the lone man selfish style of tribal politics they imbibe, they should learn how to mobilize, reach out & consolidate with other tribes. Politics is a game of numbers & those numbers come from strategic alliances. The ibos should eschew chauvinism
comshots:
The president who said he belongs to everyone and belong to no one after taking oath of office is a hypocrite and a bigot.He appointed his immediate family as Director of DSS,Chairman of efcc,Police IG,Chief of staff,Chief of army staff,COAS,Chief of air staff.95% of appointment is given to the north.Mosttimes recruitment and appointment into top positions are carried out secretly.He belongs to his family and the north not to everyone as he claimed.
Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:46am On Sep 14, 2017
HeGeMon:
Next election, I don't think the ibos will repeat their mistakes of 2015 again, the will throng out en-masse to vote their choice, and not sit in their houses & shops like they did formerly. Hope they are learning lessons of strategy & alliances, not the lone man selfish style of tribal politics they imbibe, they should learn how to reach out & consolidate.

No, they will boycott the election grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by HeGeMon(m): 2:50am On Sep 14, 2017
Once beaten, twice shy. They will mobilize massively for their preferred choice.
okway2:

No, they will boycott the election grin

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:52am On Sep 14, 2017
HeGeMon:
Once beaten, twice shy. They will mobilize massively for their preferred choice.

Like they did in 2015 and still lost.

I trust Nnamdi to mobilize their brains in the toilet and command them not to vote. wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by Ratello: 2:54am On Sep 14, 2017
Madam, the lanky mallam hardly listens. Buhari brought this wahala on himself by his careless "97% and 5%" misfiring post election statements

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by EponOjuku: 2:58am On Sep 14, 2017
Ezekwesili is speaking from an emotional point of view. When she wakes up this morning and watches the video of Ipob members searching buses and looking for Hausas to kill, she would apologize profusely.

My advice is for all Igbos in the north to leave that area quickly before the next 5 days as things are looking heated. That video would definitely cause serious problems for Igbos, Biafrans and supporters of Biafra everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:58am On Sep 14, 2017
Ratello:
Madam, the lanky mallam hardly listens. Buhari brought this wahala on himself by his careless "97% and 5%" misfiring post election statements

My friend keep quiet. When GEJ called Yoruba leaders rascal, did Yorubas begin hate speech. We voted him out.

Ibos and aggression like 789.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 2:59am On Sep 14, 2017
EponOjuku:
Ezekwesili is speaking from an emotional point of view. When she wakes up this morning and watches the video of Ipob members searching buses and looking for Hausas to kill, she would apologize profusely.

Buhari has been ignoring her for too long.

1 Like

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by EponOjuku: 3:00am On Sep 14, 2017
okway2:

Buhari has been ignoring her for too long.

That video makes her look like a fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by an0daGuy: 3:00am On Sep 14, 2017
okway2:
When will she condemn this?

Armed Southeast Igbo Youths Searching Vehicles for Hausa/Fulani to Annihilate In Aba South East, Nigeria.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154835018047703&id=96184337702&_rdr

Sahara reporters

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5960511_screenshot201709140022131_jpeg904ca9978d7f039b60a14c3d88d54378

oga nor vex oh, i still dey search for the link of the hausa person wey these stupid ipob people don kill for google and bing since yesterday to take write my report give icc & UN. bros you fit help me with any instance? i need submit my report tomorrow latest
Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by EponOjuku: 3:01am On Sep 14, 2017
HeGeMon:

Igbos don't have preferred choices. Politically, others make decisions for them and they follow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by okway2: 3:01am On Sep 14, 2017
an0daGuy:

oga nor vex oh, i still dey search for the link of the hausa person wey these stupid ipob people don kill for google and bing since yesterday to take write my report give icc & UN. bros you fit help me with any instance? i need submit my report tomorrow latest

Continue searching like search man.
Re: Stop Being Tribal Leader, Ezekwesili Tells Buhari by WhoRUDeceiving: 3:10am On Sep 14, 2017
akthedream:
Few months ago....

Nnamdi Kanu..... I will visit Kaduna and Lagos, nothing will happen..

Today..

Nnamdi Kanu... I can't visit Enugu due to security reasons..

Where is nnamdi Kanu?.. What a dirty clown he is grin grin

Operation Python dance grin grin

See the Nigger Area as usual, being and thinking like a Nigger that Lady Shaw knew he would be. WHERE IS MUHAMMAD BUHARI? What a dirty Nigger he is grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu State Ministry Of Justice Headquarters Renovated By Government / Concentrate On Your Brexit Deadlock - Apc Slams Uk, Us, Eu, Others / "Your Leaders Are Dull" Ghanaian Pastor Blasts Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.