Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier (1768 Views)

How Scammers Use 737 To Defraud People / TECNO Introduces The Latest SPARK 9 Series To Redefine Selfie And Iconic Design / TECNO Introduces The World's First Telescopic Macro Lens For Smartphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by Hoodexboi(m): 3:46am On Sep 14, 2017
The Guaranty Trust Bank has introduced another mobile app to make transactions a lot easier for its account holders, the app is called "Bank 737" app.The 737 banking services from Guarantee Trust Bank has introduced a whole range of possibilities never thought possible even from your Torchlight phone.

This bank 737 app works like the bank's offline *737# USSD short code, but the difference is that this one works with the internet connection while the short code version works offline without the internet. Another difference is that the USSD short code can be used in any type of phone, but the app version is currently available on Android devices only for now.

The Bank 737 app is the fastest way to buy airtime and transfer funds from your mobile phone.
It’s simple and secure! Just add your debit card and you’re good to go.

Key Features:
• Register and Link your preferred debit card* in a few seconds
• Transfer funds to any bank within Nigeria.
• Buy airtime for yourself and others directly from your phone contact list
How do I start using Bank 737 app?

Read more @ https://jayboiblog..com.ng/2017/09/gtbank-introduces-737-mobile-app-to.html
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by Kmartt(m): 3:56am On Sep 14, 2017
Indeed a first generation bank!
The mods should push this to front page, so people could get enlightened!
Cc Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by dreposh(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2017
booking space sha
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by nnamdi7160: 8:04am On Sep 15, 2017
It's more than 1yr old not new
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by Ennyholar: 8:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Gtbank , GtWorld now 737 3 applications untop my zero Account balance.
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by dustmalik: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
What is the point of this one when there is GTWorld already?
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by ollyruffy: 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
This service is very porous. I have never subscribed to the service. I just discovered that someone used the service to transfer my money today. I called GTBank. They promised to get back.

From the explanation given by the call operator, it is a very porous system that only requires someone to use your phone number and last 4 digits of your ATM card to transfer all your money even if you never subscribe to the service.

This means your money is exposed to the public.
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by protonz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
Stupid airtel ntw charges me each time...
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by ollyruffy: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
If you have money in GTBank. Please take this warning. I never believed it until it happened to me today. GTB 737 service is very porous.

You don't have to subscribe to be defrauded on this service. The thief just need your phone number registered with GTBank and last 4 digits of your ATM card. Now this two information are available to GTBank staff. All the staff need is to have a contact in the telecom operator of your line. His contact in the telecom operator can dial the 747 on your line as if the code is dialed from your phone. Then the transaction is completed.

This is what I think happened in my case as my phone was even switch off when it happened.

The blame goes to GTB for only having only such porous and 1 level security on this service. In fact , there is no security because the last four digital of your ATM card will always show on the POS or ATM receipt. Using that as a security is unthinkable.

What happened to pin set by the account owner, passwords, security questions, token, TOP as it is done for GTB online banking. Whu cant GTB put all these security on this service. Why leave this 737 with no security.
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by fibonacci2526: 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
ollyruffy:
If you have money in GTBank. Please take this warning. I never believed it until it happened to me today. GTB 737 service is very porous.

You don't have to subscribe to be defrauded on this service. The thief just need your phone number registered with GTBank and last 4 digits of your ATM card. Now this two information are available to GTBank staff. All the staff need is to have a contact in the telecom operator of your line. His contact in the telecom operator can dial the 747 on your line as if the code is dialed from your phone. Then the transaction is completed.

This is what I think happened in my case as my phone was even switch off when it happened.

The blame goes to GTB for only having only such porous and 1 level security on this service. In fact , there is no security because the last four digital of your ATM card will always show on the POS or ATM receipt. Using that as a security is unthinkable[s][/s].

What happened to pin set by the account owner, passwords, security questions, token, TOP as it is done for GTB online banking. Whu cant GTB put all these security on this service. Why leave this 737 with no security.
Re: Gtbank Introduces The 737 Mobile App, To Make Banking Services A Lot Easier by jaykaylegend(m): 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
ollyruffy:

The blame goes to GTB for only having only such porous and 1 level security on this service. In fact , there is no security because the last four digital of your ATM card will always show on the POS or ATM receipt. Using that as a security is unthinkable.

actually, there is an Option to use pin codes on your USSD banking service!!

(1) (Reply)

9mobile Celebrating Their 9th Anniversary / How To Stream Live HD Matches On Your Smartphone Easily / Buy All Nokia Android Devices Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.