Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,535 members, 7,958,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Please How Can I Achieve This With Php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please How Can I Achieve This With Php (1925 Views)

Webmasters How Can I Achieve This / Online Banking App Source Code Script Built With PHP / Hello Web Masters, Please How Can I Achieve This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by AllyPolly: 6:43am On Sep 14, 2017
Good morning developers, i have a website in form of nairaland. , please how can i update the front page with links automatically without creating it manually again using the <a> tag manually ?
Thanks
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by AdolphBrian: 2:01pm On May 04, 2019
PHP cannot do this sort of thing
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by AdolphBrian: 2:04pm On May 04, 2019
Rather you should aim at using JavaScript (preferrably a JS framework like JQuery). With it you can set a particular element on the webpage to have its contents constantly overwritten (maybe every 2 seconds) by a PHP code in a .php file
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by wwwmaster: 2:43pm On May 04, 2019
AdolphBrian:
PHP cannot do this sort of thing
Php can do it, use conditional statement.
Posts will be moved to the front page if the logic is met.
Very simple.
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by makavele: 3:04pm On May 04, 2019
wwwmaster:

Php can do it, use conditional statement.
Posts will be moved to the front page if the logic is met.
Very simple.

Simple as ABC .... I wonder where that dude got his reason from; I was itching to hear more.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by Ayemileto(m): 3:32pm On May 04, 2019
makavele:

Simple as ABC .... I wonder where that dude got his reason from; I was itching to hear more.

I think the guy didn't understand the question.

If you read his second reply, you'll realize he's talking about something else.
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by Nobody: 3:35am On May 05, 2019
I did this with node.js some while ago.
Will share the code with you.
Maybe you'd improvise and implement with PHP.
Also, it depends on the links you'd like to appear.... Don't know if you want every links as in topics user post to appear on your front page, or the ones you'd like to appear on the front page.
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by Nobody: 7:40am On May 05, 2019
modestbrowser:
Also, it depends on the links you'd like to appear.... Don't know if you want every links as in topics user post to appear on your front page, or the ones you'd like to appear on the front page.
Either way, you can do it in PHP
Re: Please How Can I Achieve This With Php by wwwmaster: 8:20am On May 05, 2019
modestbrowser:
That's why I said conditional statement
Eg if $post_likes > 1000

(1) (Reply)

Naija Google Adsense / Jquery1.4 Released / PR5 Money Exchange Website for SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.