Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Is Leaving The Company He Created - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Is Leaving The Company He Created (350 Views)

Elon Musk 'Voted Out' As CEO Of Twitter By Poll He Created / Bill Gates Sr Is Dead. Microsoft Co-Founder, Bill Gates' Father Dies / Whatsapp's Co-founder Brian Acton Regrets Selling Whatsapp To Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Is Leaving The Company He Created by Otradearena: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2017
Brian Acton, the man who co-founded WhatsApp, is now leaving the company. Brian Acton took this decision after he spent eight years with WhatsApp. A Stanford alumnus, Acton co-founded WhatsApp with Ukrainian immigrant Jan Koum in 2009. The duo worked at Yahoo before starting WhatsApp.

The big development was confirmed by Acton himself in a Facebook post. In a detailed Facebook post, Acton reveals why he is leaving the company and what he is going to do next. Here is the full text of his Facebook post confirming his big decision:-

“After 8 years at WhatsApp, I have decided to move on and start a new chapter in my life.

I am very fortunate at my age to have the flexibility to take new risks and focus on what I’m passionate about. I’ve decided to start a non-profit focused at the intersection of nonprofit, technology and communications. It’s something I’ve thought about for a while, and now it’s time to just focus and execute. I’ll have more to share in the coming months.

This decision is, of course, a tough one. I’m proud of what our team has accomplished in only a few years, and it’s humbling to see that so many people rely on WhatsApp every day.”

Facebook bought WhatsApp in 2014 for $19 billion in cash and stock.

Source: http://www.otradearena.com/community/news-and-updates/why-whatsapp-co-founder-brian-acton-is-leaving-the-company-he-created/

(1) (Reply)

Aquadana Awarded Highest Iso Certification / Training! Training!! Training!!! / OPEC Raises Forecast For Global Oil Demand In 2017/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.