Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition (19448 Views)

Toyota To Cut Global Production By 40% / PAN Nigeria Limited Begins The Production Of Higer Bus / The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by donsiqua(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2017
I love this car die. I will do anything to have one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by crisycent: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2017
This car has the ugliest interior ever. This is the real big for nothing.
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by obaoyedotun(m): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2017
As ugly as it is it's strong and will go where most jeeps wouldn't think of going only the hilux would do well in rough terrain than it
DONFASZY:
Ugliest Toyota jeep ever
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by judility(m): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2017
what is the difference between this and honda element. almost the same
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by charming1111(m): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2017
Toyota with their simple dashboards
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by muller101(m): 11:43am On Sep 17, 2017
crazygod:
This car strong die. I hardly see this vehicle in an auto repair shop. I will still love to buy it someday sha
alot of people hate the car that's why. How many of it do u spot on the road.
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by muller101(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2017
2shure:
Between fj cruiser
Toyota 4runner 2008 model
But y na say fj cruiser dey always get dual gear
Why
Abi dem wan convert am go limo
one is auxillary gear.
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by Kakamorufu(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
hope Honda stops the production of element as well. the car ugly die
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by chiochio1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
I used to love this car especially the performance, But now that I got to know that majority hate it, I hate it too. cool cool cool

Bmedels26:
Remember the FJ Cruiser? It’s the quirky-looking retro-designed SUV Toyota sold in America from 2007 to 2014. But even after left-hand drive versions were discontinued, sales went on in Japan – until now, that is.

Toyota announced today that it will be releasing a “Final Edition” FJ Cruiser exclusively for the Japanese market. The FJ Final Edition will feature a unique beige paint, beige interior, 20-inch wheels, bumper-mounted lights, black door handles, a 4.0-liter V6 engine, and a five-speed automatic transmission.

if you haven’t noticed, the Final Edition also comes with a sweet fender-mounted left side-view mirror, a feature we think all JDM cars should have.
Obviously, this car will not be available in Nigeria. But we still thought we should give a proper fair well to the weirdness that was the FJ Cruiser. Hopefully Toyota will replace it with something even stranger. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Source:http://carfreaksng.com/2017/09/14/toyota-stop-production-fj-cruiser-final-edition/
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by punta(f): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
I drive an FJ cruiser, the performance is cool. The only issue I have with that car is the fuel consumption. Most people that claim to hate this car, I'm sure they currently don't own any. I'll surely miss that car when I have to let go of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
MadCow1:
This car and Honda Element are in my top 10 list of foolish car designs..
Should consider the purpose first. The FJ for off road.... especially for like in tropical flood conditions ...unlike other SUVs.... most of its wiring and electricals are above floor (wiring via the roof) level to avoid electrical problems in flood conditions. Honda Element...was designed for young guys who love to go a bit off road .... surfers, beach goers , fishermen, etc...after all fun and mess left behind in the car...it can be hosed down...inside and out. Which car can you try doing that?...these are like special purpose vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by EponOjuku: 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Originalsly:
Should consider the purpose first. The FJ for off road.... especially for like in tropical flood conditions ...unlike other SUVs.... most of its wiring and electricals are above floor (wiring via the roof) level to avoid electrical problems in flood conditions. Honda Element...was designed for young guys who love to go a bit off road .... surfers, beach goers , fishermen, etc...after all fun and mess left behind in the car...it can be hosed down...inside and out. Which car can you try doing that?...these are like special purpose vehicles.

Thanks for your post, it clarifies a lot of things.

I personally prefer an FJ cruiser of 2007 to a Prado of 2007.
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by bobbyluis(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
I just don't want to imagine how Toyota stopped producing venza and r still producing this ugly car
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by psalmson001: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
DONFASZY:
Ugliest Toyota jeep ever

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder......... I fell in love with this suv at first sight some years back in lagos.

Ruggedest toyota suv eva. Beats the prados, 4runners & fortunners
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by DONFASZY(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
psalmson001:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder......... I fell in love with this suv at first sight some years back in lagos.

Ruggedest toyota suv eva. Beats the prados, 4runners & fortunners

Ur first words is perfect

U ve to check again

Dat four corner jeep
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by DONFASZY(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
obaoyedotun:
As ugly as it is it's strong and will go where most jeeps wouldn't think of going only the hilux would do well in rough terrain than it
If I want ugly SUV
I wil go for it

U c FJ once in 2month in lagos

Oga forget,are u living in d mountain or valley

G wagon is strong also bt can u use it to on muddy plc or lake or rocks or mountains

Jus d loooks on FJ
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by DONFASZY(m): 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Wat do you know about cars
Notin sir
Jus commentin like old woman
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by DONFASZY(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
smith666999:

you mean "SUV"?
No sedan or MPV
Common name
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by Decryptor(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
The 3 cars i hate most:

Honda Crosstour

Honda Element

Toyota FJ Cruiser

1 Like

Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by zoedew: 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Great car. Believe me!
Re: Toyota To Stop The Production Of FJ Cruiser With The Final Edition by lonelydora: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
That's the best decision Toyota has taken. Foolish design.

Wetin Toyota wan produce again? Venza has been discontinued, now this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Most Common Car-buying Mistakes To Avoid / Now You Can Report VIO Sighting On Twitter / Car Manufacturing: Nigeria To Build Industrial Parks In Three States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.