Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All (3201 Views)

Prof.ayodele Awojobi,the Scientist. / Professors Ayodele Awojobi And Chinua Achebe: Let's Compare Them / Fashola Honours A Great Lagosian And Engineering Genius, Ayodele Awojobi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Krrush(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
This guy foretold it all.
Even before the likes of the late Gani.
He gave up being a foremost Mechanical Engineer to pursue[b] Social Engineering[/b], all with the intention to better the lot of the Nigerian people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayodele_Awojobi

Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by ElRazur: 9:20pm On Feb 27, 2010
Is that a mole on his face. grin
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by doyin13(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
sad to say this is the first time I am hearing of him. . .

Wonder how many more great ones lurk in every nook
and cranny of our land?
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
wow d man was great.hw come am just getting 2 know him
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Krrush(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2010
doyin13:

sad to say this is the first time I am hearing of him. . .

Wonder how many more great ones lurk in every nook
and cranny of our land?

. . . Or lurking abroad unknown - due to "brain drain" syndrome.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by riversman: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2010
who is this RAT? dont know u man
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Krrush(m): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
riversman:

. . . The whole pitiful point. .
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by rebranded(m): 1:04am On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

Sorry shows you are too young to remember him!
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Jarus(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2010
Why would someone not have heard of Professor Ayodele Awojobi?
I was barely two years old when he died but I have read and heard much about him. IBB called him and Gani Fawehinmi the only true activists he knew.
We Nigerian youths of today need to read about past personalities, late or still living. The knowledge of these people and their activities, in no small measure, shape our comments of today.
Imagine a ten-year old boy of today, commenting on issues, having grown up to 25 in 15 years time, and not knowing who Gani Fawehinmi was.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Lagosboy: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2010
This guy was a noble legend of his time, a man of impeccable intellect in his field of engineering and then a genuis in the social cause. Awojobi will lways be remmebered for his noble works unfortunalty our society dont recognise pple like this no more while the looters are celeberated on the pages of ovation and the BOS TV
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by ladi02(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

How dare you call him a rat have you achieved half of what he did, you open your mouth and call him a rat slowpoke!
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by ochukoccna: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

U go blame am? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
See wetin Channel O& MTV dey cause this generation when all they have for brains is put on your dancing shoes. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by felele(m): 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2010
I am truly shocked that anyone, regardless of age, would refer to Professor Ayodele Awojobi as a rat. I wouldn't want to be branded an ethnic jingoist, but how would you feel if someone were to refer to Professor Chike Obi as a RAT??

This is why some Yorubas on this board feel like some Ibos are just out to offend Yoruba sensibilities at any excuse. It really is deplorable and should be stopped. We may be sowing the seeds of a really bloody civil war on these boards, if people do not learn to moderate their comments.

Do not give the ethnicists petrol for their fire.

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by asha80(m): 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2010
felele:

I am truly shocked that anyone, regardless of age, would refer to Professor Ayodele Awojobi as a rat. I wouldn't want to be branded an ethnic jingoist, but how would you feel if someone were to refer to Professor Chike Obi as a RAT??

This is why some Yorubas on this board feel like some Ibos are just out to offend Yoruba sensibilities at any excuse. It really is deplorable and should be stopped. We may be sowing the seeds of a really bloody civil war on these boards, if people do not learn to moderate their comments.

Do not give the ethnicists petrol for their fire.

What are u on about What makes you think riversman is igbo
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by felele(m): 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2010
Whatever he is, Awojobi is an icon who happens to be Yoruba. Some Yoruba ethnic bigots might just feel they need to defend his honour. No person of Yoruba origin would refer to Awojobi as a rat. This is a word commonly used in Igbo to belittle one's adversaries. Please refrain from this kind of outburst in future, riversman.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by asha80(m): 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2010
felele:

Whatever he is, Awojobi is an icon who happens to be Yoruba. Some Yoruba ethnic bigots might just feel they need to defend his honour. No person of Yoruba origin would refer to Awojobi as a rat. This is a word commonly used in Igbo to belittle one's adversaries. Please refrain from this kind of outburst in future, riversman.

My friend stop dragging igbos to ur rants.Wetin concern igbo with this tory?
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Eziachi: 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2010
It sad that many of you don't know Awojobi. He is a brilliant academician and a radical that has a pure hatred for the establishment. In fact I use to address him as "Fela Kuti without the pidgin English" I met him first time in August 1977 in London, as we both were attending the same workshop. Unfortunately he died untimely, no exactly a happy man.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Eziachi: 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2010
felele:

You see why younger generation are going knowhere, If you actually know Prof AWOJOBI, either in his classroom in Ibadan or as an activist, most Yorubas, especially the elite despise him because of his no nonesense aproach to life. He is just Fela Kuti, Tai Solarin put into one. I can tell you that Gani was a wannabe Awojobi. I know so, because he was a man I personally happens to know and becomes casual friends WITH until his death. So go and learn first before your Igbo and Yoruba politics. Who told you that the riverman person is Igbo? And even if, is riverman an Igbo spokeperson? I am Igbo and I can speak for myself thank you very much.

Ayo Awojobi- an icon you hadly knew but ten minutes ago through wikipedia. Give me a break!!
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Jarus(m): 8:38am On Mar 02, 2010
angry
It's a great pity every topic on NL is being turned into tribal war. This is just too bad.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2010
riversman:

you must be suffering from juvenile deliquency.i d i o t
Re: Ayodele Awojobi Foresaw It All by hymen(f): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2010
Jarus:

Why would someone not have heard of Professor Ayodele Awojobi?
I was barely two years old when he died but I have read and heard much about him. IBB called him and Gani Fawehinmi the only true activists he knew.
We Nigerian youths of today need to read about past personalities, late or still living. The knowledge of these people and their activities, in no small measure, shape our comments of today.
Imagine a ten-year old boy of today, commenting on issues, having grown up to 25 in 15 years time, and not knowing who Gani Fawehinmi was.
So you're almost 28 years old ! Nice one Suraj wink

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Appoint Anti-terrorism Chief / Anambra And The Politics Of Propoganda / How The Police Used ‘strategic Insecurity’ In Sokoto State’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.