Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,378 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Advice Me On Getting My First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Me On Getting My First Car (2702 Views)

Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two / Getting My First Car This Month. Advise Me Please / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2017
I need advice on getting my first private ride, my budget is 7million and my preferences are Trucks, SUV or crosstours withing the range of 2010 upwards. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by heendrix(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
HIbreed:
I need advice on getting my first private ride, my budget is 7million and my preferences are Trucks, SUV or crosstours withing the range of 2010 upwards. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2017
heendrix:
i will appreciate if you can say something, am confused in selecting model.
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by heendrix(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2017
HIbreed:

sorry know little about cars that picture was simply just saying there's lot better things n business to do with money than buying big cars with bigger problems

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
heendrix:

sorry know little about cars that picture was simply just saying there's lot better things n business to do with money than buying big cars with bigger problems
i get your drift, am a total novice when it comes to autos thats why am on the search for a durable and strong car, i live in area with bad road network hence my preference for large vehicle. As for business, one lesson i learned is that the more you invest in so many businesses the more crazy you become and whenever stress knocks on the door you might loose your mind.

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by nurey(m): 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
Kia sorento
Kia sportage
Kia mohave
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai i35
toyota 4Runner
Toyota Prado
Toyota RAV4
Toyota Highlander
Honda Pilot
Hyundai Santa fe
Benz ML
Benz GL
LEXUS GX
Lexus RX
Mitsubishi Outlander
Mitsubishi ASX
Mitsubishi Montero
Volvo XC90

alot of choice here, the pick is left to you lets not name all
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Richdotcom: 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
For a first time car owner, you should go for something that's not too complicated, something that you will enjoy, very reliable coupled with cheap maintenance.

First choice is Lexus RX330 and it's not up to 7 million, so you will have 3milion extra to hold body and soul....

But just incase you don't like the RX 330, you can go for it's elder brother the RX350 (goes for about 7million)
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by makavele: 1:11am On Sep 15, 2017
Buy a camry 2.2 lol and bash it very well

when you must have mastered the art of vehicle ownership

you can then unleash your 2020 maybach: rick ross edition

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Readonee35L(m): 4:14am On Sep 15, 2017
Richdotcom:
For a first time car owner, you should go for something that's not too complicated, something that you will enjoy, very reliable coupled with cheap maintenance.

First choice is Lexus RX330 and it's not up to 7 million, so you will have 3milion extra to hold body and soul....

But just incase you don't like the RX 330, you can go for it's elder brother the RX350 (goes for about 7million)

Why Rx ??
Nah wetin they rain for your Syd b dt?
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 15, 2017
@OP - I present to you - The 2010 Audi Q7. It goes for around 6.5Million depending on our bargaining power. It's durable, reliable & very rugged.

You pay me consultation fee of 650k which is just 10%. I give gazzuzz 65k which is 10% of my consultation - to buy about 20cartons of Orijin. grin

Gazzuzz, in turn distributes these orijins to Nurey, Mayor2013, Ikenna351, Honmusa, Kingreign & Sooperrescue. grin

Y is this important - you might ask? It is because when the car eventually breaks down, they will be the 1 to diagnose & fix it - free of charge since they're all professional auto-mechanics. grin cheesy grin

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by heendrix(m): 8:00am On Sep 15, 2017
HIbreed:
i get your drift, am a total novice when it comes to autos thats why am on the search for a durable and strong car, i live in area with bad road network hence my preference for large vehicle. As for business, one lesson i learned is that the more you invest in so many businesses the more crazy you become and whenever stress knocks on the door you might loose your mind.

ummm true but it's wise not to put all ur eggs in a basket
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:03am On Sep 15, 2017
nurey:
Kia sorento
Kia sportage
Kia mohave
Hyundai Tucson
Hyundai i35
toyota 4Runner
Toyota Prado
Toyota RAV4
Toyota Highlander
Honda Pilot
Hyundai Santa fe
Benz ML
Benz GL
LEXUS GX
Lexus RX
Mitsubishi Outlander
Mitsubishi ASX
Mitsubishi Montero
Volvo XC90

alot of choice here, the pick is left to you lets not name all
thank you for your selfless outline, indeed the list is long, hopefully i will select from one of them. My preferences from your list are the toyotas but i have a deep affection for Lx 570 or any good trucks because of bad road network but like they said, one really don't know what car he will go home with when he enter a car stand.
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by nurey(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2017
Zoharariel:
@OP - I present to you - The 2010 Audi Q7. It goes for around 6.5Million depending on our bargaining power. It's durable, reliable & very rugged.

You pay me consultation fee of 650k which is just 10%. I give gazzuzz 65k which is 10% of my consultation - to buy about 20cartons of Orijin. grin

Gazzuzz, in turn distributes these orijins to Nurey, Mayor2013, Ikenna351, Honmusa, Kingreign & Sooperrescue. grin

Y is this important - you might ask? It is because when the car eventually breaks down, they will be the 1 to diagnose & fix it - free of charge since they're all professional auto-mechanics. grin cheesy grin

Q7 abi? Am sure with the V12 TDI Quattro engine abi for a first timer grin hydrogen bomb fall on you grin

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2017
Richdotcom:

i appreciate your contribution dear, i love the Rx series, its a crosstour and it fell graciously on my list but i think my top pick would be Lx, i will update the vehicle as soon as it happens, thanks.

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2017
heendrix:

ummm true but it's wise not to put all ur eggs in a basket
i understand where you are going, thank you for the advice.
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by nurey(m): 8:10am On Sep 15, 2017
HIbreed:
thank you for your selfless outline, indeed the list is long, hopefully i will select from one of them. My preferences from your list are the toyotas but i have a deep affection for Lx 570 or any good trucks because of bad road network but like they said, one really don't know what car he will go home with when he enter a car stand.

2010 LX570 may be above your quoted budget. Besides LX570 is not what you NEED, it's just what you WANT.

The problem with Nigerian car acquisition is most buy what they want and leave what they need, then the wahala will now start.
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2017
makavele:
Buy a camry 2.2 lol and bash it very well

when you must have mastered the art of vehicle ownership

you can then unleash your 2020 maybach: rick ross edition
my brother i love your advice, to be sincere i've thought of these before, am a first time car owner but i've been in haulage truck biz for many years. Am a car freak and love latest rides, my gallerie and portfolio is full of cars and my pdf is enamoured with vehicle brochures. My aim was to visit Coscharis but i don't need heart attack for now.grin
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Zoharariel:

thank you, i will google audiQ7 now
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by HIbreed(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2017
nurey:

2010 LX570 may be above your quoted budget. Besides LX570 is not what you NEED, it's just what you WANT.

The problem with Nigerian car acquisition is most buy what they want and leave what they need, then the wahala will now start.
why did you say Lx 570 is not what i need? Like i said, am a first time car owner, i no experience whatsoever when it comes to private vehicles, maybe you can lead me through. I have a strong preference for Lx 570 because it is huge, rugged, and have enormous space to accomodate luggages and would be handful for me because i transport a lot of motor parts. Another car on my list which can serve that purpose is Truck and Toyota Tundra is my top pick. If there is any other reason why Lx isn't what i need please do enlighten me.Thanks
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by tyup(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2017
HIbreed:

7 million to buy just a car when you can help a brother (a fresh graduate) with just 1 million to start a business n will be refunded in few month

okay bro please the business is tourmaline and tanterlite business all I would just do is go to the site of mining buy it there n sell it and then i'd be making about 1.5m in a month then I would pay you ur 1m back just in a month. please help a brother i'd know trust is outta this space but if you would wana know my house n family I would gladly take u there. please all I just ask is 1m just a month to refund back. god ll reward u as u help me my contact no is 07088269027
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by diportivo: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2017
tyup:

7 million to buy just a car when you can help a brother (a fresh graduate) with just 1 million to start a business n will be refunded in few month

okay bro please the business is tourmaline and tanterlite business all I would just do is go to the site of mining buy it there n sell it and then i'd be making about 1.5m in a month then I would pay you ur 1m back just in a month. please help a brother i'd know trust is outta this space but if you would wana know my house n family I would gladly take u there. please all I just ask is 1m just a month to refund back. god ll reward u as u help me my contact no is 07088269027

are u for real

na u help am work for the money ni?

if u are so sure it will be returned in a month's time,LAPO microfinance bank is the place to be

or CFS in gbagada

they will surely borrow u

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by heendrix(m): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2017
HIbreed:
i understand where you are going, thank you for the advice.

ur welcome but considering durability Toyota is more durable than Honda
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by tyup(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2017
diportivo:

are u for real

if u are so sure it will be returned in a month's time,LAPO microfinance bank is the place to be

or CFS in gbagada

i'm sure serious I swear and about helping him work for money I know I did not help him work for it that why i'm asking for help from him n would be refunded

and about the micro finace stuff or CFS please is there any collateral or any requirements?
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by tyup(m): 9:01am On Sep 15, 2017
diportivo:

are u for real

or CFS in gbagada

requirements: I must belong to a union
a minimum of 30k to 150,000 it's not even half of what I need n moreso they stress n document they would ask me to bring n under taking letters would be really much. you'd know how it's done
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by nurey(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2017
HIbreed:
why did you say Lx 570 is not what i need? Like i said, am a first time car owner, i no experience whatsoever when it comes to private vehicles, maybe you can lead me through. I have a strong preference for Lx 570 because it is huge, rugged, and have enormous space to accomodate luggages and would be handful for me because i transport a lot of motor parts. Another car on my list which can serve that purpose is Truck and Toyota Tundra is my top pick. If there is any other reason why Lx isn't what i need please do enlighten me.Thanks

The LX570 is a full size luxurious SUV

It was designed to seat 7-8 people and carry their cargo for camping, travelling, site seeing etc I doubt if you have a total family of 6 in all.

The LX570 comes with a powerful V8 engine. Yes it's V8 is not the fastest or the quickest or the most rugged engine fitted in SUV

The LX570 is a luxurious SUV you are meant to be driven in it. From your write up, nah you go dey drive am not too befitting.

The LX570 is an SUV, yes, there are other trucks, SUV and CUV that will do the same or better off road experience in any road in Nigeria that the LX570 will pass.

Use it for hauling is a no no, suspension parts will worn out especially if it's air suspension, best advice is to look at something designed for that purpose.

So you want a luxurious vehicle, able to haul goods, be comfortable and convenient but still rugged and easy to work on by technicians, will still appear beautiful and be appealing to the eye. Most of all loaded to the tooth I think i have some suggestions

Ford F150 platinum or SVT raptor
Toyota Tacoma
Nissan Frontier/navara
Honda Ridgeline

But the final decision is still yours to make

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by diportivo: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
heendrix:

ur welcome but considering durability Toyota is more durable than Honda

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by menstrualpad: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
heendrix:

Toyota is more durable than Honda
Truth!
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Richdotcom: 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
Readonee35L:

Why Rx ??
Nah wetin they rain for your Syd b dt?

Because in my opinions it's an SUV that's very easy to maintain coupled with strength and beauty..... will you advise the op to get a rang rover?
Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Somatic(m): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Since you need something sturdy enough to handle business items yet pleasing enough to cruise around town, my choices may be limited to:
2010-12 F150
2011 Ford Explorer
2008-12 Toyota Highlander
2007/8 RX 350
2006-11ML 350
2007-9 GL450

Re: Advice Me On Getting My First Car by Stanley08(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
I know you said you prefer SUVs...

For me oh. My eyes has been on 2014 Honda accord.

However... 2007/2008 RX350 should be your best SUV bet. cheers!

@HIbreed

VIO Is Back On Lagos Roads! / The Glory Of Airplanes And The Differences Between Them! / Mute Car Stereo!! Pls Help..

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54