Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge (458 Views)

GT Bank Robs Its Customers Of Millions With Sms Charge Debits For 2020 & 2021 / Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge by thankgodeboh(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
I was listening to a call-in program on 96.9 Cool fm Lagos yesterday and to my utter shock, many Nigerians are being ripped off by their banks. Let me break this down.

You know that before, you could withdraw limitlessly from any bank's atm whether you bank with them or not and not be charged? I know there was a time they placed some charges before cancelling it out and rebirthing it again long ago. So these banks mostly GTB, DIAMOND, UBA, STERLING banks have rewired their ATM's not to dispense more than 5000 NGN according to the reports. Bear in mind that you will be charged after your third withdrawal from another bank's ATM.

So with this thiefry tactics, you can use up your three chances in a few minutes. For example, if you bank with First bank and go to a GTB's machine to withdraw 20,000 NGN, you won't be paid the whole sum at once (In most cases) and even if you reduce the sum to 10 grand, it still doesn't dispense until you slimb down to 5000. That means you will repeat the process five times to withdraw just 20,000 naira and you will be charged after vthr third withdrawal and every other withdrawal in the month when you use another bank's ATM.

Some of those who called in even explained how the gatemen watched them from a distance and after failed attempts at withdrawing, the gatemen would suggest that they punch in 5000 and when they did, it worked.

Something is wrong.

Besides there are 20,000 and up to 50,000 naira buttons on the machines but how come we are deceived to believe the machine which was built by a developed mind would have 40,000 button but is incapable of such task? You can imagine.

Also, there is the case of your bank debiting you for atm card maintenance even when you never used it in the said month. How about the crooks debiting your account and crediting oweing to their error and sending sms's for these their carelessness which they charge you for at the end of every month.

Let's all raise the awareness before these banks will ripp us all off of our hard earned money since they cannot even give loans to Ordinary Nigerians.

SHARE THIS and let everyone get cautious of this subtle thiefry.
Re: The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge by heendrix(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
lol
Re: The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge by DaInferno(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2017
Corruption at its peak... Even banks which where thought to be decent are something else these days... OP is totally right!
Re: The Subtle Ways Your Nigerian Bank Robs You Without Your Knowledge by Elseductive: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2017
DaInferno:
Corruption at its peak... Even banks which where thought to be decent are something else these days... OP is totally right!
Bank decent ke?! They are in business to make profit, the one that annoys me the most is that I'll be charged the SMS money that they used in sending BIRTHDAY wishes, who send them if they can't bare the cost, its really annoying, its just like Am paying for a service I didn't ask for or don't need at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Replica Watches Online / What Is Trademark Registration & Where Can One Obtain It / Tax Implications Of Transactions With Foreign Entities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.