Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! (15820 Views)

She Said She Hates Nigerians Because Of Ghana Must Go? / What Is Wrong In Being Black? / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
A Black woman tells why she hates being a Black woman.

http://www.lifeinbiglondon.com/2010/02/27/i-hate-being-a-black-woman/
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by yme1(f): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
poor her cry cry
let her lose some weight and being black wont be the problem anymore

3 Likes

Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by Freiburger(m): 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2010
I think she 've got some points from what she says. But at the same time she is psychologically ill.

1 Like

Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
geez what a rant.

I wont be surprised if the BBW is actually male.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 10:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
y me:

poor her cry cry
let her lose some weight and being black wont be the problem anymore

Shebi oh. That's exactly what I was thinking.
But she is arguing that she finds it too difficult to lose weight because Black women are biologically programmed to be fat.

Any medical/scientific people on this forum - is this true? Do Black women really have a biological "predispostion" towards obesity?
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by zerocool(m): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
Who cares!
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2010
zerocool:

Who cares!

Who cares whether you care or not!

Move on right along to a topic that you do care about. We won't miss you. ByeBye.

1 Like

Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
CILondon:

Shebi oh. That's exactly what I was thinking.
But she is arguing that she finds it too difficult to lose weight because Black women are biologically programmed to be fat.

Any medical/scientific people on this forum - is this true? Do Black women really have a biological "predispostion" towards obesity?

what kind of question is that?

abi na you be the author?
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 10:20pm On Feb 27, 2010
tpiah:

what kind of question is that?

did you miss the part where she said she also bleached her skin till she was almost transparent.

abi na you be the author?

Are you from a scientific/medical background?
The question about whether Black women are biologically predisposed to obesity was directed towards forum members of a scientific/medical background.
I would love to hear from them as to whether there is any truth in that claim  - I have actually heard it said many times but I don't know if it is medical fact or myth.

But I do agree with you that she has some serious psychological problems - bleaching and skin lightening. shocked
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
No black women are not predisposed to being overweight, quite the contrary really our bodies do hold more fat compared to our non-black counterparts but black women tend to be quite athletic. I can understand where this lady is coming from but she has just used the I am black so I have to be fat mentality to remove fitness and healthy eating from her agenda. People come up with so many reasons for their obesity some of them include;

1. Its genetic (well for only a small percentage of the population this is true)
2. I hate exercise but I do it because they say it works (Well I see some females in the gym reading magazines while exercising and if you can read while exercising, you are not working that damn hard) grin
3. I always diet but it never works (This may be true because diets messes up the metabolism but maybe if one sticks to a sensible diet for more than a week one will see results)

I just need to get my hands on her and she will lose that weight in no time. Well about her hair, white women wear extensions too, I even had some friends who complained that their hair never grows. As for being single? 50% of her white counterparts are just about finalising their divorce at this age.

2 Likes

Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
CILondon:

Are you from a scientific/medical background?
The question about whether Black women are biologically predisposed to obesity was directed towards forum members of a scientific/medical background.
I would love to hear from them as to whether there is any truth in that claim  - I have actually heard it said many times but I don't know if it is medical fact or myth.

But I do agree with you that she has some serious psychological problems - bleaching and skin lightening. shocked

the facts as I know them are:

In America, poor black women tend to be fat

In Nigeria, poor black women tend to be thin, with their ribs and bones showing.

so far there's only one KFC in the whole country. I'm even thinking of roughing it in lagos for a while to help my weight situation. cheesy
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by Freiburger(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2010
tpiah:

the facts as I know them are:

[b]In America, poor black women tend to be fat

In Nigeria, poor black women tend to be thin, with their ribs and bones showing.[/b]so far there's only one KFC in the whole country.

So can one really generalize and say its a black west African woman thing, when back home in west Africa, women do not reach the proportions commonly found in the west? Of course there are fat women in Africa- I'm not saying there arent.

And how does the writer propose to address her short hair problem? Moan about it all day?

So why is it vice versa in the US compared to Naija?
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^ not enough exercise and too much fattening foods

some may have a disposition towards weight but that cuts across race, I should think.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by 4Play(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2010
Why hasn't the OP been banned for the unceasing marketing campaign that the poster has been waging for his or her website?
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2010
OP are you winding people up here?
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by zerocool(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
CILondon:

Who cares whether you care or not!

Move on right along to a topic that you do care about. We won't miss you. ByeBye.

Who cares! Of wat use is it opening a thread about someone regretting to be black, maybe itz cos you haven't heard of people wishing they had been animals. So, who still cares to talk about people who are psychologically derailed except maybe. . . grin
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by yme1(f): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2010
on a second thought if she really gat the cash all she needs to do is go for a body(fat) operation
and i believe she is gonna come out looking like beyonce or halle berry undecided
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by Freiburger(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
[/quote][quote author=zerocool link=topic=405422.msg5598322#msg5598322 date=1267306974]
Who cares! Of wat use is it opening a thread about someone regretting to be black, maybe itz cos you haven't heard of people wishing they had been animals. So, who still cares to talk about people who are psychologically derailed except maybe. . . grin

damm! I've been looking for that phrase.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by disturbia: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
It is a pity how the media has changed people mentality. All she kept talking about were the beyonces and the janet

jackson. But has she seem them when they wake up in the morning. I thought brandy was light skinned until I saw a

picture of her ( not enhanced one) she was so black. As africans we need to be proud of ourselves when you are not

proud of yourself who will be proud of you. And as for the black men, I wonder why when they make few buck they run

after the white chicks who are ready to wreck them. They are some big white fat chicks who are worst than black

women. Fact remains am proud to be a black woman.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by mamagee3(f): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
What a Psychologically demented Clit rambling. . . tongue
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2010
zerocool:

I'm really sorry, but you can't start a sentence with "Of". Your sentence should start with:

"What use is it "
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by chiogo(f): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2010
The woman is talking nonsense. West African women are disposed to being fat compared to East African women? Jeez, where do people get this kinda nonsense from? Just like how people say white women don't have big butts, etc. BS. I see way too many of them with the supposedly "African/Black body".

Anywayz, if she really wants to lose weight - healthy eating (not necessarily dieting as those have negative side effects, esp. the pills) and regular exercising is the key.

She's definitely not doing these, so she should really stop making baseless excuses. As for the hair thing, some women rock short hair and make it look nice. Even not all white women wear long hair. I bet her insecurities/complex won't let her see any of these.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 1:24am On Feb 28, 2010
disturbia:

It is a pity how the media has changed people mentality. All she kept talking about were the beyonces and the janet

jackson. But has she seem them when they wake up in the morning. I thought brandy was light skinned until I saw a

picture of her ( not enhanced one) she was so black. As africans we need to be proud of ourselves when you are not

proud of yourself who will be proud of you. And as for the black men, I wonder why when they make few buck they run

after the white chicks who are ready to wreck them. They are some big white fat chicks who are worst than black

women. Fact remains am proud to be a black woman.

Well said, disturbia

That is the kind of postive contribution I was hoping for rather than the typically abusive responses that seem to be so common on this forum. Well Done.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by chika98: 1:32am On Feb 28, 2010
OP
Why are you always cynical about everything?? Maybe if you had something a tad more positive to say then people would respond without abusive responses.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 1:50am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

OP
Why are you always cynical about everything?? Maybe if you had something a tad more positive to say then people would respond without abusive responses.

Cynical? What makes me cynical? Did you read the beginning of my post. I clearly stated that I did not agree with the woman bleaching her skin so you can't assume that I agree with everything the woman wrote in her letter. That's making far too many assumptions.
The writer of the letter may be cynical - it doesn't mean that I am.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by hackney(m): 2:36am On Feb 28, 2010
It's not actually her in the pic. she's just the agony aunt recieving letters about personal
problems.
una dey craze.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by gee2(m): 3:29am On Feb 28, 2010
make she go bleach her skin, it shuld solve her qualms shebi peepz wann become oyinbo by fire with kettle.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by CILondon: 3:39am On Feb 28, 2010
hackney:

It's not actually her in the pic. she's just the agony aunt recieving letters about personal
problems.
una dey craze.

Abi Oh!
Hackney, thank you bo jare, my brother.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by iice(f): 8:21am On Feb 28, 2010
People like excuses. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions grin
If she changed her diet and worked out. . .she'd loose some weight.
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by sexyLeamon(f): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2010
too bad she is blaming it on skin colour, she has her own issue of self esteem, colour has nothing to do with it. undecided
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by tpiah: 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
I guess this is what the poster is trying to say:

Did You Make Me Black Lord?

Did You Make Me Black Lord ,
Lord , Why did you make me black?
why did you make someone
the world would hold back?

Black is the color of dirty clothes,
of grimy hands and feet,
Black is the color of darkness,
of tired beaten streets,

Why did you give me thick lips,
a broad nose and kinky hair?
Why did you create someone
who receives the hated stare?

Black is the color of the bruised eye
when someone gets hurt,
Black is the color of darkness,
black is the color of dirt.

Why is my bone structure so thick,
my hips and cheeks so high?
Why are my eyes brown,
and not the color of the sky?

Why do people think I'm useless?
How come I feel so used?
Why do people see my skin
and think I should be abused?

Lord, I just don't understand,
What is it about my skin?
Why is it some people want to hate me
and not know the person within?

Black is what people are "Labeled"
when others want to keep them away,
Black is the color of shadows cast,
Black is the end of the day.

Lord you know my own people mistreat me,
and you know this just ain't right,
They don't like my hair, they don't like my
skin, as they say I'm too dark or too light!

Lord, don't you think
it's time to make a change?
Why don't you redo creation
and make everyone the same?

culled from google
Re: This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! by spoilt(f): 2:38am On Mar 01, 2010
What's she talking about? I know overweight black women who have been married three times. she needs to stop blaming the color of her skin and her weight for all her problems. By the way Halle berry has been married twice and got cheated on. So there!!!! Beauty does not make everything alright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ejire Ara Isokun! Where Exactly Is Isokun? / Is Badmus A Yoruba Name? / Eastern Chicks (mostly Ibo) Top The List Of Gay Women (lesbians) In 9ja:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.