Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Aba Crisis, The Role Of The Youths, And The Need For Wisdom.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Aba Crisis, The Role Of The Youths, And The Need For Wisdom.. (326 Views)

APC Crisis: The Whole Thing Is Stranger Than Fiction - FFK Reacts / APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole / Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Aba Crisis, The Role Of The Youths, And The Need For Wisdom.. by Edunews: 6:18pm On Sep 14, 2017
It is sad and disheartening that the once peaceful and peace loving people of Abia state can no longer sleep with both eyes closed.

This could have been avoided if one man pursued our noble cause with decorum.

We were joined together by international forces. We can only be separated by the same forces. It is a hard fact.

Stop emboldening and pushing the youths into a journey that will consume them.

They have no arms to contain the situation if it escalates. Stones and broken bottles cannot do it either.

Your parents saw it all between 1967-70. They wish and will continue to pray that it never happen again. Save them the low yet peaceful life they have been enjoying.

Finally, you are not safe in any part of the east if it begins. The politicians will jet out with their families. You will remain with your phone.

Lest I forget..
Arms and ammunitions are not sold on Facebook or Whatsapp.

Its sad that southern leaders do not use their positions to get what they want. The South has held the presidency of this nation for 14 years in the last 16 Years(with the exception of Yar Adua's 2 years) and they never used this opportunity to Make Biafra happen, nor make all Southern appointments. Buhari, a northerner made all northern appointment in less than 2 months of coming into power, and sadly the constitution gave him the power to do so, as it never specified where these persons should come from and the only way we can legally do anything about it is via the legislature. We have legislators in the House and Senate, how many of them have moved bills or raised motions aimed at tackling those perceived marginalization?

In summary, we are suffering for not using our positions to the fullest in the interest of our people, rather our elected leaders are selfish and think only of themselves. As expected, they'd travel abroad once it all begins.

I am definitely also depressed by the ongoing activities, but I do not believe the solution is more violence. I am sorry if my opinions deviate from yours, but its just my opinion and the truth need to be told at all times.

Apply wisdom!!

God bless you!!
- Obasi. D. C. Chinedu
Speaker, SUG House
University of Nigeria.
Re: The Aba Crisis, The Role Of The Youths, And The Need For Wisdom.. by budosky(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2017
Alright

(1) (Reply)

Flashback:7 Buharis Actions That Led To Recession-has Any Changed? / Nigerian Army And IPOB: A Better Narrative / Dalung To Buhari: Sack Alhassan Over Pro-atiku Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.