Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation (14364 Views)

Nigerians Lambast Oshiomhole For Calling Edo Governor, Wife Childless / Obaseki Blames FG For Hardship As Protesters Worship On The Streets / Eze Chukwuemeka Blames Oshiomhole For APC's Loss In Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Elchicolo: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that the failure of the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress to properly investigate issues in the Edo State House of Assembly caused the crisis to linger.

Governor Obaseki spoke when the Senate Committee set up to look into Edo Assembly crisis visited the state for its fact finding mission.

The Committee arrived that state aboard a private jet marked N313MS.

Four of the Committee members were present but Chairman of the Committee, Senator Aliyu Abdullahi said other members were allowed to stay behind because of the screening of the Chief Justice of Nigeria nominee.

Governor Obaseki who thanked the Senate for deeming it fit to visit the state with a fact finding team to understand what happened said the crisis would not have degenerated if the leadership of the APC had done same when the matter started.

Obaseki stated that he has performed his constitutional duty by issuing a proclamation letter and that the Clerk of the House undertook the processes as deemed fit.

He explained that there are issues within the legislature and they have gone to the judiciary as the constitution provides for clear separation of powers.

According to him, “When people arbitrarily make up their minds because of some predetermined outcomes and make statements and conduct themselves, this is what it leads to.

“I issued a proclamation. Consultations were held before the proclamation was issued. Various party organs met before decisions were reached. As far as I am concerned, I abide by the Constitution and issued a proclamation. I believe in separation of powers.

“Whatever the outcome, we expected that if a higher authority were concerned about the fate of this state, they would have called to see how to resolve the issue but that wasn’t done. The matter has moved to court and all parties are in court. I have done my own beat. Within the legislature, there are issues and they have gone to the judiciary and the constitution provides for clear separation of powers.

“We have evidence that people are under pressure. Look at this matter in the interest of our country and in defence of our democracy.”

Senator Abdullahi said the Senate was concerned about restoring peace and order as provided for in the Constitutional.

He explained that there was no clash with the House of Representatives Committee as their duties are seen as a function of the National Assembly.

He said, “The civility of Edo people is not in doubt. Edo State has a long history of parliamentary civility. I think everybody who is lover of this state will want to ensure that nothing short of that prevail.

“I want to assure you that we will do what the Constitution allows us to do. The House of Representatives Committee was here and we are here because it is bicameral legislature.

“Ours is to articulate and prepare the facts before colleagues. I know that the 109 will do justice to any matter before them.

“I assure you that we are out for the good of the state and its people.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-obaseki-blames-oshiomhole-for-edo-assembly-crisis/

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Paperwhite(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2019
Let's see how they wiĺl start accepting responsibility as they have now begin to blame themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Ruggedniggaone: 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
ok

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by princeade86(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
the midget.

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by olaolulazio(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
Blame game....

Oshimole wan turn Tinubu grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Imustreturn(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bush meat done catch the hunter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by ajiriraphael(m): 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
lol

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by dejio42(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
sad f**k U (both)

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Knox123(m): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
grin

Resolution of the House of Rep.
Obaseki should buckle up...big time

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Slimluvs: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
A
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Kundagarten: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
We already know the person responsible for the impasse.
No godfatherism in Edo state, we reject it in all respect.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by wink2015(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Elchicolo:
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that the failure of the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress to properly investigate issues in the Edo State House of Assembly caused the crisis to linger.

Governor Obaseki spoke when the Senate Committee set up to look into Edo Assembly crisis visited the state for its fact finding mission.

The Committee arrived that state aboard a private jet marked N313MS.

Four of the Committee members were present but Chairman of the Committee, Senator Aliyu Abdullahi said other members were allowed to stay behind because of the screening of the Chief Justice of Nigeria nominee.

Governor Obaseki who thanked the Senate for deeming it fit to visit the state with a fact finding team to understand what happened said the crisis would not have degenerated if the leadership of the APC had done same when the matter started.

Obaseki stated that he has performed his constitutional duty by issuing a proclamation letter and that the Clerk of the House undertook the processes as deemed fit.

He explained that there are issues within the legislature and they have gone to the judiciary as the constitution provides for clear separation of powers.

According to him, “When people arbitrarily make up their minds because of some predetermined outcomes and make statements and conduct themselves, this is what it leads to.

“I issued a proclamation. Consultations were held before the proclamation was issued. Various party organs met before decisions were reached. As far as I am concerned, I abide by the Constitution and issued a proclamation. I believe in separation of powers.

“Whatever the outcome, we expected that if a higher authority were concerned about the fate of this state, they would have called to see how to resolve the issue but that wasn’t done. The matter has moved to court and all parties are in court. I have done my own beat. Within the legislature, there are issues and they have gone to the judiciary and the constitution provides for clear separation of powers.

“We have evidence that people are under pressure. Look at this matter in the interest of our country and in defence of our democracy.”

Senator Abdullahi said the Senate was concerned about restoring peace and order as provided for in the Constitutional.

He explained that there was no clash with the House of Representatives Committee as their duties are seen as a function of the National Assembly.

He said, “The civility of Edo people is not in doubt. Edo State has a long history of parliamentary civility. I think everybody who is lover of this state will want to ensure that nothing short of that prevail.

“I want to assure you that we will do what the Constitution allows us to do. The House of Representatives Committee was here and we are here because it is bicameral legislature.

“Ours is to articulate and prepare the facts before colleagues. I know that the 109 will do justice to any matter before them.

“I assure you that we are out for the good of the state and its people.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-obaseki-blames-oshiomhole-for-edo-assembly-crisis/

OSHIOMOLE IS NOW FULLY INTO GODFATHERISM !

Obaseki is refusing to play his biddings and he could not take it.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by hisexcellency34: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Obaseki should ban him from entering Edo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by chrisxxx(m): 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Where is that Pastor that Oshomole aided Obaseki to rig out? Could he be praying?
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by follock007(m): 3:39pm On Jul 17, 2019
Keep employing the services of local amateur hocus pocus warlords to bomb marked out nuclear families for political ratings for high payment. I am sure to ask you someday through a reputable proxy that will give me the feedback with video evidence... Are you not the one who is paying all the nuclear armed nuisance that are accessing people's personal profile in government computer and putting deadly virus that is turning human beings into various forms of animals for the laughing pleasures and eventually killing them in the absence of no aged pensioner to bail them? I am tired of your cancerous Uranium... You are paying people to auto-log people's body system through unseen satellites and control them against their own wills like zombies with a tag of tutorship, tell me who wants to learn your juju antics which are meant to be kept in the armories, abolished for the life of me. Tell me after teaching them the lesson, are you going to employ them to fight wars or you want to to keep looking for a way to handle a nuclear weapon which they will never get to because you have the police to look out for them and stop them. This is not the government i used to know or am i not on planet earth? Be warned
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by vedaxcool(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
So he told you secretly issue the proclamation?
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Ejem84: 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
Oshiomhole should go and sit down .
He should know he is not fighting obaseki but edo people especially the Binis.
Mark my word if Edo goes to PDP oshiomhole will have himself to blame.as all the south south and south east will be in the opposition.
If Oshiomhole continues like this when the chips are down his own people will reject him.
Let's see who gets the last laugh.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by zoedew: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2019
They won’t dare travel by road for obvious reasons! Imagine their lot if the Shiites had gained entry into the NASS the other day! #fatcatscartingawaysackso’naira
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by bangbangall: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
hahahaha......Na dem
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Even little children in Algeria are laughing at Nigeria.

Cc immhotep lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by hotplate: 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2019
dose the HoR have the power to order the Governor to issue a fresh proclamation when all parties have their case in court?

can a proclamation letter be reissued twice?
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by NemzySeries(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
that state like ugly leadership sha
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Lagosfinder(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
Politics
Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
stefanbanach:
Even little children in Algeria are laughing at Nigeria.

Cc immhotep lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Indispensable85(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
Obaseki don join bad gang. He's now like the typical Nigerian politician.
They're full of lies. The truth is, he played dirty politics with that Edo assembly inauguration.
He should just own up and look for the way out of the impasse. I think he has done well in governance, but that assembly inauguration was not properly done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by Halo22: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2019
The problem with Nigerian politicians is that they are always ironical especially, when they assume higher posts. Adams Oshiomole was playing a Messiah that had came to erode godfatherism in Edo state, but look at how he is trying to pocket the present state Governor like his wallet. It is very hypocritical, and funny enough, some youths are looking up to those men as role models.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation by MarkudiRITA(f): 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2019
Two very handsome men. Am blushing

(1) (Reply)

Cow Ban In South East From April Irreversible - IPOB / FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges / Metuh Sues EFCC Over Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.