Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Dora Akunyili Tells All! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Tells All! (8942 Views)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili / Peter Obi’s Sordid Affair With Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by rickie4us(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2010
whatever the reason is for her to bare out her mind like this, I think she is really courageous ,
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by violent(m): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2010
But seriously, what information is she bringing out that is new to Nigerians?

The fact that we have a corrupt goverment?

The fact that Turai is struggling hard to hold on to power?

The fact that there is a "you-must-loot" syndrome as well as "na-my-turn" syndrome?

Hasn't she been a part of the same government all along?

Besides the NTA scandal, can anybody tell me what the information Minister has achieved so far in her ministry?

The president was away for 90 + days and she was initially part of the whole "The president can rule from an unconscious state" plan, and boooom, all of a sudden, just to gain media attention and attract public applause, she's coming out like someone who's sh.it don't stink!  

And don't you even try to bombard me with her achievements at Nafdac, why not think about her achievement at the information ministry, if information is not getting across to her as she claims, then what the bleep is she sitting in that office for?. . . to be paid from the tax payers purse for letting loose her buccal cavity on worthless rubbish?

she comes in and tell us "I don't know the president is being flown into the country" and y'all come her and applaud her for her bravery?
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by agabaI23(m): 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2010
violent:

The fact that there is a "you-must-loot" syndrome as well as "na-my-turn" syndrome?

Besides the NTA scandal, can anybody tell me what the information Minister has achieved so far in her ministry?

The president was away for 90 + days and she was initially part of the whole "The president can rule from an unconscious state" plan, and boooom, all of a sudden, just to gain media attention and attract public applause, she's coming out like someone who's sh.it don't stink! 

And don't you even try to bombard me with her achievements at Nafdac, why not think about her achievement at the information ministry, if information is not getting across to her as she claims, then what the bleep is she sitting in that office for?. . . to be paid from the tax payers purse for letting loose her buccal cavity on worthless rubbish?

she comes in and tell us "I don't know the president is being flown into the country" and y'all come her and applaud her for her bravery?
You are violent so no one should be surprised at how you come across! Whatever she did to you, endure it.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by gidson12(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2010
That is nigerians 4 u, 4 every good deed done, ppl would always question the action and think negatively.
Well done dora
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Bialegend(m): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2010
Seun:

I hope this ends well for the minister.  She's stepping on toes unnecessarily.  It's not really
worth it in this case, unless she is looking to score political points for a future campaign.
The whole Yar'adua issue is overblown; but what I want to know is Jonathan's plan.
You people are sick. Really really sick. What do you mean by stepping on toes unnecessarily? Stepping on who's toes? And this is coming from you? A supposed nairaland owner? Nonsense!!! First, you have to remember that Dora is Igbo and not from the coward stock that fears even their shadow. Why shouldn't she talk when things are going wrong to save your so called country? All these stress for her are in the name of saving your imbecilic country, yet people like you as i have seen in this thread are shouting "cheeii" why did she talk.
All you nigerians want is assuming she folds her hands and keeps her mouth shut, then you nigerians will use her name in your lame reference that your nigerian problem is caused by all ethnic groups inside the nigeria. Some of you nigerians will say that Dora and Igbo minister collaborated  with your silly government and kept quiet when she was supposed to talk. She spoke, but that didn't augur well with you because you won't use her name when saying "Igbo people in government are collabo to the problems facing your imbecilic country"
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by violent(m): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2010
You are violent so no one should be surprised at how you come across! Whatever she did to you, endure it.

She has done nothing to me, i just don't like this sudden idea of "I am saint amongst them" attitude, why work for a government whose ideology and root spells of corruption? in many words, she can qualify as an "hypocrite", where was she all along?. .

If she doesn't like the system, let her quit and join the likes of Falana and Soyinka's in the fight!. . .

she stays in well furnished office building, well furnished apartment, bark out orders, get recognition anywhere as "Minister for Information", receive jumbo pay and ridiculous allowances and then come out and tell us "the government is corrupt" plsssssssssss not all Nigerians are idíots.

Nkojo Iweala resigned when she discovered that she couldn't play the ball game any longer, i think Dora needs such people as mentors
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2010
agabaI23:

If I dig your posts I will bring out where you either said or supported someone who said Dora was feeding you lies in the firs 60 days of Yar'Adua's absence.

If not I will see where you accused her of keeping quiet.

Now she is furninshing you with necessary info and you are bleeding your gum.

Do you really know what you want or you just talk because you can talk?

To what can I compare this generation?  They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
17 “We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, [a funeral song] and you did not mourn.”
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking[1], and they say, “He has a demon.”
19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, “Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.”  But wisdom is proved right by her actions

you better get a digger and start digging.dora is just an opportunist capitalizing the mishandling of the yaradua saga.the whole thing is being over-exaggerated by dora supported by the media.i gave a credibility for atleast bringing up a memo but her follow-up comments are totally unnecessary as they dont change the course of events later.she only trying to be a hero,thats all
pcicero:

Nairaland has once again proven to be the true microcosm of Nigeria. Some weeks ago, this same Dora Akunyili was seriously maligned and heavily vilified by anyone who could type QWERTY on Nairaland. Shouldn't we all be happy that at last a beacon of hope has risen for Nigeria?
For those saying she said so much, what exactly is your measurement? BTW, what is the secrecy in government all about? To hoodwink the people and dole out false information while they pillage the common wealth of the land?
That is why well meaning Nigerians have been asking for the passage of the FOI bill.
I read the interview in ThisDay (Sunday 28th Feb 2010) and i must really commend her forthrightness.

The man dies in him who keeps silent in the face of oppression- Wole Soyinka
dora is not the hope nigeria is waiting for.she may be a participatory factor for a change but she need to cool down and allow for a resolution out of the logjam.she is turning to an over-sabi
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Bialegend(m): 5:44pm On Mar 01, 2010
violent:

She has done nothing to me, i just don't like this sudden idea of "I am saint amongst them" attitude, why work for a government whose ideology and root spells of corruption? in many words, she can qualify as an "hypocrite", where was she all along?. .

If she doesn't like the system, let her quit and join the likes of Falana and Soyinka's in the fight!. . .

she stays in well furnished office building, well furnished apartment, bark out orders, get recognition anywhere as "Minister for Information", receive jumbo pay and ridiculous allowances and then come out and tell us "the government is corrupt" plsssssssssss not all Nigerians are idíots.

Nkojo Iweala resigned when she discovered that she couldn't play the ball game any longer, i think Dora needs such people as mentors

Are you so dumb that you read and did not understand this part quoted below. Perhaps, you didn't even read the news, yet you have the guts to spew rubbish here.

Thereafter, it was they said, they said and they said. We never had a comprehensive channel of getting information that we are sure of and most of the information, sometimes, they don’t add up and it got very disturbing. When they don’t add up, you feel very awkward reporting such information. I believed the information, even though I kept wondering how things can be done better, until when I found that stories told by some of the presidential aide were not adding up, especially stories that are changed when they are told from one person to another.

That was when I started feeling uncomfortable and that was when I now decided that I would go on holidays. People felt it was strange that I was going on holidays in the first week of January. But I traveled because I needed to rest a little, have a retreat, pray and attend a two-day meeting in India. But I went out for about three weeks and I decided that by the time I return, I would never again report about Mr. President’s illness until I sit down with people that will tell me the truth and nothing but the truth, so that I will not be involved in deceiving Nigerians.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by violent(m): 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2010
Are you so dumb that you read and did not understand this part quoted below. Perhaps, you didn't even read the news, yet you have the guts to spew rubbish here

Another dummy shouting "Aunty Dora is everything good happening in Nigeria right now"

First the bolded part of the statement you pointed out is something anybody can say to save face, ask Anodoakaa, and he will give you a million and one reasons why he wants the best for Nigeria.

Have you asked yourself why Dora took the role of information minister in the first place, when it was clear to all except for a few idióts like you that she is a round peg in a square hole?

why don't you start by telling me what she's achieved so far in her ministry?
When the information minister keeps quiet, resulting in a state of heightened tension in the country, how good do you think that meant for Nigerians as a whole?
If she wasn't getting information from appropriate coffers, then why stay in the office?. . . ans is, because she is just like every other power thirsty politician out there.

Have you read the interview where she claimed to pass on a letter addressed to the president through the information ministry without checking the contents?  Gross incompetency!

and yet you come out here to support her gibberish just because she granted a press interview in an effort to regain public's confidence!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by gidson12(m): 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2010
Tanx bialegend
ppl just spill out without reading n reasoning. D woman made her statement in clear n simple english n still ppl let their emotion affect their sense of reasoning. Ppl never understand that as an information minister ppl look on to her 4 info on wat is goin on n she has to pass on reliable n accurate info which at that point she to was in d dark cos d cabals keep fabricating lies. She did d right thing to state her position on d matter letting nigerians know wat was going on
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2010
gidson12:

Tanx bialegend
ppl just spill out without reading n reasoning. D woman made her statement in clear n simple english n still ppl let their emotion affect their sense of reasoning. Ppl never understand that as an information minister ppl look on to her 4 info on wat is goin on n she has to pass on reliable n accurate info which at that point she to was in d dark cos d cabals keep fabricating lies. She did d right thing to state her position on d matter letting nigerians know wat was going on
what exactly had she said so far to warrant all these a s s worshipping.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by archbishop(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2010
Helllo Nairalanders,

She is a politician, thats all i have to say.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by kech(f): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2010
Seun:

I hope this ends well for the minister.  She's stepping on toes unnecessarily.  It's not really
worth it in this case, unless she is looking to score political points for a future campaign.
The whole Yar'adua issue is overblown; but what I want to know is Jonathan's plan.

LOL! See disclaimer. How pathetic. I knew all along that Nairaland had been compromised. Anyway, I understand. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you too. grin
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2010
Dora Akunyili can afford to be bold because she has an untainted record at NAFDAC and possibly at the Information Ministry.She knows she has no hidden skeletons (I hope so) and cannot be blackmailed. These other ministers has solied their hands already and cannot even be seen to make a whimper,
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2010
archbishop:

Helllo Nairalanders,

gbam!!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2010
kech:

LOL! See disclaimer. How pathetic. I knew all along that Nairaland had been compromised. Anyway, I understand. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you too. grin
i guessed you might even be dora with your sympathetic sorry a s s concern for her!!anyways i'm praying for people like you too.buttwipe
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by agabaI23(m): 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2010
Emmy Boy:

Dora Akunyili can afford to be bold because she has an untainted record at NAFDAC and possibly at the Information Ministry.She knows she has no hidden skeletons (I hope so) and cannot be blackmailed. These other ministers has solied their hands already and cannot even be seen to make a whimper,
Exactly what i thought when people were saying she is part of the decay. As she may not be 100% clean, I doubt that the cabals would have been gracious enough not to make public whatever skeleton that is in her cupboard in the wake of her public outcry.

See how they are cooking up stories to rubbish Jonathan (not that he is clean).

Dora probably has been careful of the peels.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by kech(f): 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i guessed you might even be dora with your sympathetic sorry a s s concern for her!!anyways i'm praying for people like you too.buttwipe
LOL! Knock yourself out honey. wink
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by mohid(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2010
Most of the posts are a clear indication that Nigerians have completely adopted the siddon look approach completely.for all most of us care, Dora might as well shut up,while the country goes to blazes,and if we are lucky we might get our green cards before then.How pathetic!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by reindeer: 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2010
AS much as i beefed this woman for accepting the post in the first place, i have to respect her decision to challenge the 'powers that be'.
At least she has the guts to say the truth in public while the 'men; in her cabinet are cowering away under the powers of turai.Of particular shame is the minister of health who should at least make pronouncements about the health of the president.
Anyways i think we should hail and support the woman because either we like it or not, she speaks for us in this case.Whatever her reasons for speaking up are, Nigeria and Nigerians have a lot to gain from a minister saying the truth about the whole case.
Frankly i think the president may really have died last december and this clique is just looking for an exit strategy from the game they have now overplayed, all they will do suddenly one day now is to tell us: the president died suddenly in his sleep last night and has been buried according to muslim rights!So no one will ever see any body or president,to those hoping to see the prez,forget about it!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by mrperfect(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2010
Madan thank you for your positive contribution to the country.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by uchenageme(m): 11:49pm On Mar 01, 2010
archbishop:

Helllo Nairalanders,

Fine she is a politician, bt the country still need politicians to take leadership positions and what I have seen on this forum so far is a great number of people who cannot stand and be counted, especially when it really matters
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by uchenageme(m): 12:10am On Mar 02, 2010
violent:

Mr. Violent quit critisizing ppl if u have ideas of how to contribute in the building of this country then come out and let us see ur active involvement it is easier to sit back and point accusing fingers at people. Tell us what u have done as a patriotic Nigerian to move dis country forward or else let us encourage those who have the bravery to do what we cannot do
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by zoraro(m): 1:16am On Mar 02, 2010
Are action has wiped away all her former "sins". We need more of her kind in Nigeria.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Kilode1: 1:57am On Mar 02, 2010
violent:

You are right. Although I prefer this Dog eat Dog scenario to a situation where everyone is united in silence and corruption, but you are right.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by safariman(m): 2:22am On Mar 02, 2010
Dora is still the mouthpiece of the Nigerian government and continues to be a part of a government that is "rebranding" bearing in mind with all these mess that is going on. Is she better off inside the government in FEC or out of the govt and be perceived as someone trying to change things as a maverick?
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Nobody: 3:07am On Mar 02, 2010
This is more than kiss and tell! Dora may be a politician in the making but she has eventually confirmed to us whats happening at the presidency as an insider and she deserves kudos for her bravery. At least it shows that we have A WOMAN WITH BALLS WHILE THE MEN ARE HIDING BEHIND GHANA MUST GO BAGS EXPECTING THEIR SHARE FROM THE CABAL! I hope she survives this like she did at nafdac cos its time we support our women for the presidential position since the men are losing their balls due to corruption.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by seunspice(m): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2010
As much as i respect Dora, her words wont hold salt to me until she drops her resignation and let these fools at FEE DEE FEE bring an end to their era of doom. She is trying too hard to give credence to a government with no credibility. Jonathan or Yarry makes no sense to me , they are both puppets of the same cabal.
God save Nigeria
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by o9999: 10:32am On Mar 02, 2010
For all who say she is just another politician, i say :- then THIS SHE is the kind of politicians we need in Nigeria (Remember, it took Ngige to turn Anambra state round even though he got in there funny)

For those that say she should keep quiet and edit what she says because she is part of FEC/ Government, i say : - NEVER/ DONOT COMPLAIN about Yar'adua/Turai, Police/ military becasue they are the ruling/controling people and affairs should be kept secret

For those that say she was part of the story for 90 days so why come up now with tales, i say:- WHEN IS IT TOO LATE to recognise a mistake / or lie and correct it or do u advice we/she continue living the lie?

For those that say its just another political agenda/anambra governorship 2014, i say :- for now, it has served its purpose (causing little road blocks for the cabal that helps delay their rate of action), if in future she does not, then she will be reviewed

For those that say she is stepping on toes, i say:- Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, chime, Obi and the masses that supported them also step on toes, but we are the better for these toe stepping

For those that say she should resign, i say :- y? so that people like andoaka can take over? if she resigned at the first death treath at NAFDAC, would we have reached the stage we did in NAFDAC? stay and fight for as long as you can, but in the end, do not compromise you standards

For those that say she is no saint, i say:- I TOTALY AGREE, but it does not mean that the days she plays the role of a saint, we should not accept it

if we truely want change, less corruption, electricity, good road etc, we should start accepting/encouraging GOOD CHANGES when we see them not conden it
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2010
Dora is the only naija politician with BALLS, I do not care if she is a saint or not after all no be any of us for here holy pass.
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by beeman80: 11:54am On Mar 02, 2010
I happened to have schooled with one of her scions who happened to also exhibit much intelligence.However if all this publication is anything to go by,then I say thumbs up! Nigeria is trying to balance in the midst of the storm but its a pity that we have a cabal of vultures who are only ready to take us down for their own selfish interest and gains.Mrs Akinyuili needs all the support she can get from every good spirited individual,country and body that respects the rule of law.Enough is enough!!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Tells All! by showstopa: 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2010
0999, you sound so intelligent? Are you Nigerian at all? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rep Watches As Aides Assault FRSC Official / Why Didn't The Nominee From Enugu Answer The Question By George Sekibo On Biafra / "It's Either The Flag Of Biafra Is Raised Or...."— Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.