Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic (32623 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / The Umahi Revelation: / Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by guru90: 6:07am On Sep 15, 2017
workers and corpers are suffering in that land.., I am serving there now.... Dis man slashed all the workers salaries into 2..... The state is paying corpers 15k before.... As soon as this man collected that sit.... He slashed corpers salary to 5k... Now pay us 5k is big problem to him...rather if u will served there 11 months ... He will give you 2 months money out of 11 months.... DIS MAN IS SUFFERING ALL THE WORKERS IN THAT LAND.... ALL THIS PICTURES UP AND DOWN....HE IS JUST DOING CAMPAIGN FOR HIS 2ND TENURE..... DIS MAN IS A WICKED MAN!!! MAKE UNA FORGET ALL THIS INTERNET STORY! !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by 124mumsy: 6:27am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:
When I first visited Abakiliki in 2006 for my post utme, I said if I don't get admitted I will not regret it. Thst was because of the terrible state of the town. It is amazing that in just two years a governor is able to implement a transformation like this. This now makes me ashamed of being a Delta State indigene, just like Ebonyians were before. In my state, we receive the third largest federal allocation but Asaba the state capital is in a terrible state. From ibori to Uduaghan and now clueless Okowa, there's no plan in sight for any meaningful development. Even the governor with 42 sets of teeth have already begun a second term campaign not minding the fact that workers are hungry, Some ministries shut because he couldn't renew office rent and with zero drainage in Asaba. I weep for Delta State.
the irony of it all the clueless youth we suport him when they c money come 2017
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by chyndorek: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2017
I have being a Nairalander for over 6 years and had respect for this site. Of recent, I have come to doubt the authenticity of all the reports I read on nairaland.com over the years simple because.
1. Am an Ebonyian and most of the reports you publish here about Ebonyi are either unverified, false or tainted.

2. The reports sound as if Ebonyi State Government has paid you to spread the propaganda it has being carrying along.

One of your last reports on Ebonyi, you mentioned how the government has released 1.5 billion to pay for pensions and gratuities but failed to tell the whole world that the pensioners are being force to accept only 20% of their gratuity. what happens to the rest 80%.

You never reported that civil servants salaries have remained the same even after promotions. no addition has been made to anyone's salary despite the fact the their should be yearly increments.

please if a report comes to you try to verify before posting to avoid bringing down the respect people have for your site. with all these tainted reports people will be inclined to believe that every other report the read here is as tainted as the ones the one before you published it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by ajahinnousa(m): 7:08am On Sep 15, 2017
Oxenomy:
Although I'm from Ebonyi State, you guys should stop posting all this pics cos it's an eyesore.. These pics depicts nothing to be happy about. Besides the governor is not doing whatever he is doing with his money, it's our collective money and he is simply doing the job we're paying him to do even though he is not doing enough.. angry
what of your past Governors,is it not the same money that they are collecting from you but yet they will do nothing,always appreciate something good even if don't like the man.
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by texazzpete(m): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2017
Stadium
Roundabout

And private LED advertising billboards.

The only thing the OP can cite to boast about....and yet this is hailed as a renaissance.

Nigeria is finished sha cheesy
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Etizz: 7:20am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:
When I first visited Abakiliki in 2006 for my post utme, I said if I don't get admitted I will not regret it. Thst was because of the terrible state of the town. It is amazing that in just two years a governor is able to implement a transformation like this. This now makes me ashamed of being a Delta State indigene, just like Ebonyians were before. In my state, we receive the third largest federal allocation but Asaba the state capital is in a terrible state. From ibori to Uduaghan and now clueless Okowa, there's no plan in sight for any meaningful development. Even the governor with 42 sets of teeth have already begun a second term campaign not minding the fact that workers are hungry, Some ministries shut because he couldn't renew office rent and with zero drainage in Asaba. I weep for Delta State.

my dear, seriously, we have to do something about it.... those guys are taking us for granted, seriously, okowa is even the worst, they all have one particular way if running the state, "shop I shop'' no one is thinking of infrastructure, no social amenities, everything is just getting worse just more than the way ibori left it,.... seriously, we are going down.

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:

Everything you have written is true.... Delta state has not been fortunate to be blessed with focused and purposeful leadership since the return of democracy.. go to Warri and see how uduaghan defaced the town in his attempt to carve out a path for city bus route

However , the difference between and a date like Delta is that fact that while one operates as a one city state the other has got Warri, ughelli, asaba, safi, to attend to just like Anambra

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by ifex370(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:

Is Okowa incharged of power generation?

Ah dunno oo.. But you're savage tho grin
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Caseless: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2017
wordproof:
Wow!

Abakaliki next investment destination.

Been studying their consumption pattern and needs.
Good environment for business, relatively peaceful... I heard.

I guess Umahi is the best Governor for the past 16years now.
I honestly wish Delta and other Eastern States...especially Abia can get a Governor that's this visionary and willing to put their states on the map.
true! How those people elected elechi and sam egwu as governors was a mystery to me. Imagine elechi trying to impose prof chukwu, the fmr minister of health, on the people. It'd have been business as usual; prof chukwu is a thief like the others.
Umahi is a brilliant governor.
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2017
even in Abakaliki of yesterday no brown roof littered everywhere... grin grin grin my yellowbar friends will not like this

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by EKOSuperior(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2017
Oxenomy:
Although I'm from Ebonyi State, you guys should stop posting all this pics cos it's an eyesore.. These pics depicts nothing to be happy about. Besides the governor is not doing whatever he is doing with his money, it's our collective money and he is simply doing the job we're paying him to do even though he is not doing enough.. angry
Did all the Governors that ruled the state did the job you paid them for? I'm an Ebonyian and Dave remains the best, you are aggrieved for your own personal reason. You worker of iniquity.

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Menzy86(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:
If you weep so much as a deltan, I guess I should be hanging myself already as a kogite!
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by seguno2: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:

Is weeping the only thing that you can do?
How will your weeping alone change anything?
Do you mind explaining?
Thanks.
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by EKOSuperior(m): 8:11am On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:
This is getting ridiculous. Some of us know this game, and are practitioners but this no longer makes sense.

This over hyping of Abakaliki on Nairaland is now nauseating, especially for those who have seen - and seen through - the ridiculously small village-like Abakaliki "city".

Abeg tell us something important and forget all this Abakaliki this and Abakaliki that noise. I wonder how much Umahi and his PR goons are paying Seun for this madness.
Jealousy aah!
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by EKOSuperior(m): 8:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Dave is doing well, we from Ebonyi are enjoying his good works. You need to visit Ebonyi state, even you Seun, Lalasticlala and Mynd44
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by donqx: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2017
oh
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by spencekat(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2017
iHart:
Okezie Ikpeazu needs to visit Ebonyi on an IT..
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by TINO26: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2017
lelvin:
What's this recent noise about Abakaliki
To let people like you that things are no longer the way they were...Ebonyi is moving forward

2 Likes

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by lelvin(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2017
People like me? Who gives a f*uck about ebonyi or any state for that matter...

TINO26:
To let people like you that things are no longer the way it was...Ebonyi is moving forward
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by macuno88(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2017
my pple pls ignore the op..he is doing d job D umahi paid him for..Ebonyi as a state is an eyesore..even d abakaliki devt has not gone beyond dat flyover n roundabout..the civil servants are being extorted by d governor thru a loan he lured dem into taking..please help me ask if development does not involve d health sector cos from where am typing now there is no light in d general hospital which happens to be Umahi's Place..Ebonyi remains d most backward state ever...its nowhere near zamfara...all these campaigns for 2nd term wont work for Umahi,Okowa(my unwanted state gov),Ortom etal....we are wiser now
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Eu24(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
For sale. Business use only.

Quarter plot of land off the major road at pleasure b/stop, Alimosho on a tarred road, good for commercial purpose. Measuring 113,740square Meter with Suvrey planning n Deed of agreement

My asking 4.5m

Call 09032200405

Note:

I already have 5Shops on it. Serious minded people only!!!

Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by kaakaa1(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
maximunimpact:

Cross River Inclusive!!!
Re: Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic by Elzoem: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
I have seen some pictures of the amazing things done and pictures of the billboard on www.outdoors.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home In Anambra: Catholic Priest, Sales Rep, NDLEA Operatives Injure / I Rejected Bode George As A Godfather & He Endorsed Rhodes-Vivour - Jandor / Herdsmen Turn National Stadium , Abuja To Grazing Reserve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.