Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre (36648 Views)

Ongoing Construction Of Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu (Photos) / Akwa Ibom State Christmas Carol Night, 2018 At Uyo Township Stadium (Photos) / Photos Of Ikogosi Warm Spring, A Major Tourist Centre In Ekiti Under Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Nature83(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
May 29: How Abakaliki Township Stadium became tourist centre in Ebonyi

NOT minding the meagre federal allocation to the state on monthly bases, Governor David Umahi decided to give a face-lift to the state capital, Abakaliki, to the admiration of both citizens and foreigners in the state. As the state capital is gradually undergoing intensive transformation in terms of outlook and aesthetic value, the governor through the state Ministry of Youth Development and Sports is also embarking on massive transformation of the Abakaliki Township Stadium which has currently become a tourist centre in the State.

This development, South East Voice learned was because of the innovation, nature of work, aesthetic choice and amazing display of creativity injected into such project for the first time since the creation of the state in October 1, 1996.

A view of new Abakaliki Township Stadium The 10,000 capacity size stadium, following its former state was no longer attracting the attention of event planners, celebrities and or Ebonyi people to the environment but the diverse innovation of Governor David Umahi had reawakened a new zeal and passion from the members of the public to the area.

The place has surprisingly become a tourist attraction for many people both in the state and outside as the governor had given an international outlook to the stadium as it had indeed become a cynosure of all eyes in the State. The number of people trooping into the stadium has every reason to evoke a line of thought that the present administration was determined not only to set a pace in developmental strides but also set a precedence of ingenuity that democracy dividend was possible even in the face of obvious economic challenges.

Upon completion of the work at the stadium, Ebonyi State will join the league of states with the capacity to host both local and international events of any standard.

The Ebonyi State House of Assembly, weekend commended Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State for his enormous contributions toward giving a facelift to the Abakaliki township stadium which over the years had been in a sorry state before the present administration came on board. Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Hon. Francis Nwifuru, who went on tour of the stadium with all the members of the State House of Assembly described the renovation work at the stadium as massive and wondered how the Governor was able to manage the meagre resources of the state to achieve such feat.

Aesthetic values “After our sitting today, we decided to take a tour of the stadium. We are surprised at what we have seen especially the aesthetic values showcased by those handling the project. I am surprised at what we have seen. Governor Umahi wants the stadium to be international in outlook. “We are not only supervising but over sighting. As person, looking at the stadium, we need to commend the commissioner for youth and sports; he is doing a good job and he is still doing it. He is a very creative person. With the magnitude of work done here, am very confident with him.

The stadium can host any international events. Also, the State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development, Chief Charles Akpuenika said the ongoing renovation work at the Stadium was intended to boost sporting activities including local league matches across the LGAs of the state adding that the present administration was fully committed to empowering the youths to be self reliant and economically viable for the betterment of the State. -Via Ebonyi Gist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by greatmarshall(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
Umahi is working

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Nature83(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Governor UMAHI transforming Ebonyi State.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Nature83(m): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sports Activities will soon take a new shape in Ebonyi.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Nature83(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ebonyi is on the rise

9 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Nature83(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
God bless our workaholic Governor.

8 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by taylor88(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
so abakiliki fine like this self

when i see their decedants selling ugba(oilbean) and doing househelp things in ph i think d inverse

u better dont quote

i talk wetin i dey see

Godbless them

17 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by smartty68(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
Good one. But the only problem with Nigerians is "Maintenance". Once new person takes over he abandons the former.

The grass ain't looking too cool, synthetic should be fine

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Bolustical: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is very commendable. Nice one from Umahi,

BTW, the IGR of Ebonyi does not correspond with the costs of the numerous projects UMAHI has engaged in so far,

Which means Ebonyi still largely relies on federal allocations

YET our Igbo brothers tag others as parasites as if they contribute the largest share of our national revenue.

I must say, if anyone has the right to brag(in terms of revenue contribution), it is the SS, SW then SE.

Truth hurts

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by akinsadeez(m): 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
See how poor and uneven the playing surface is, with patches where there is no grass at all, just bare sand. Is this the stadium that will host international matches? undecided undecidedThey should just limit it to an event centre.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by sexaddict08(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
ayam here...

girls can be loving...
I have this girl, very seductive n hot...but I usually beg her not to come to my place. but na lie, she go still come. this one na cross ooo, .... may God help me
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by OluDare01(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Umahi is working

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by cashcity: 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Just a matter of time... Igbo land will stand out and our IPOB boys will have something to be proud about..... Halla to governor Obiano and governor Dav for setting the pace

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by costandi(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
When the righteous is in power...

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by chris4gold(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
observing...
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by wizdapilla: 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nawa ooo
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by bamosagie(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
If this stadium is in Ebonyi state capital, it is an eyesore ....
It should be in one council far from the Local government area not too close to the capital.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by OluDare01(m): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
akinsadeez:
See how poor and uneven the playing surface is. Is this the stadium that will host international matches?
They just planted those grasses,I'm sure they're gonna trim them. The stadium was very bad before

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by sod09(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Good
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by MyschoolNG(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
thats trash, he Can do better

1 Like

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by PearlStreet(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Okay. The unenlightened clowns changed the bulbs abd designed the place like a beer parlour and the people are dancing like squirrels on steroids.

Which sport does he want to promote? For Ebonyi youths to engage in athletics training predatory to chasing vehicles in Lagos while hawking garden eggs?

Anyway, it's not even my state or my business. Let my Governor develop my state be developed so that those who elect useless leaders in their states would live and pay taxes in my state.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Winning123: 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Great. Focus on sports is a good one. It engages our youth who are mostly not engaged across the country
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Dollyak(f): 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
How does this contribute to the local economy? This is not a sustainable project imo. Nigerians can celebrate turd project sha.
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Kelklein(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
This man get strong media aides sha.

at least someone built this stadium and didn't make 1/10th of this noise.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by ehispapa(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Tourist centre indeed..see why we keep celebrating mediocrity. the stadium even have a gutter. University of Johannesburg stadium is far better than this eyesore celebrated here.

8 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by brainpulse: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
This tourism center? The south eastern people are indeed bushy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by omamokta: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Idi Amin of Ebonyi.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by PearlStreet(m): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
ehispapa:
Tourist centre indeed..see why we keep celebrating mediocrity. the stadium even have a gutter. University of Johannesburg stadium is far better than this eyesore celebrated here.

That is even too much.

St. Gregs Sec Sch in Lagos has a better turf.

Abeokuta Grammar School mini stadium outclasses the one they are even celebrating.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by LotannaOffia(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please other Governors should learn from this man. Welldon Ekubaraoha 1 of Uburu Ome!!!

1 Like

Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by Temptee101(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nice
Re: Umahi Transforms Abakaliki Township Stadium As A Tourist Centre by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
mediocrity

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Flag Off Campaign In Zamfara Despite Candidate Names Missing On INEC - Photo / 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside / Anambra: 5 Killed As Gunmen, IPOB Clash In Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.