Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (31819 Views)

EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters Including A Lady In Port Harcourt (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo-Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 8 Yahoo Boys In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by dulux07(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:
What is the staff strength of the EFCC?

Because I don't think it makes sense to waste scarce manpower and resources chasing rats, when there are real issues and bigger problems to focus on. Millions of young Nigerians are into Internet fraud anyway, and insofar as they are not an immediate threat to the security and wellbeing of the country, the EFCC should focus on the humongous corruption going on in every government institution (at state, federal and local government levels) as well as the fraud in key private institutions such as banks. These are more injurious to the average Nigerian citizen than petty Internet hustles by frustrated youths.

So are you saying they should ignore them or probably let these ones go, the same way we ignore or let "petty" thieves who steal stuffs like phones, foodstuffs etc in our neighborhoods go, jst because they r frustrated by the economy right, or their crimes do not affect the nation directly, we both know jungle justice is d order of d day.

Funny how u guys always try to justify this act.

Fraud is a crime whether large scale or small scale.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Hedonistically: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2017
dulux07:

So are you saying they should ignore them or probably let these ones go, the same way we ignore or let "petty" thieves who steal stuffs like phones, foodstuffs etc in our neighborhoods go, jst because they r frustrated by the economy right, or their crimes do not affect the nation directly, we both know jungle justice is d order of d day.

Funny how u guys always try to justify this act.

Fraud is a crime whether large scale or small scale.

I am saying that it is commonsensical to PRIORITISE when resources are scarce. The time, resources, and effort wasted on pursuing these rats and prosecuting them would have yielded more meaningful results if channeled towards thwarting some corruption going on at one government institution or the other. The latter would produce greater benefits for ordinary Nigerians. This is very simple.

What's why I asked what the staff strength of the EFCC is (as well as what their operational budget might be). Priorities.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by introvertedsoul: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2017
The EFCC, Lagos zonal office, has arrested eight suspected Internet fraudsters. The suspects are
Samsonre Olujobi, 28 (a.k.a Mau Rice, Melinda Mcginnis); Abraham Sunday ( a.k.a. Raymond Dodson) 32; Gabriel Ayo ( a.k.a. Robert Mcintosh, Donald Great) 25. Omotayo Raphael (a.k.a. Michael Black) 25; Semiu Sunday Olawale (a.k.a. J. Cabtree) 23; Dafe Onosigho (a.k.a. Johna Kurz ) 27; Ewiolo Elvis (a.k.a. Morgan Moore), 32 and Usiaka Louis (a. k.a. Anthony Parker, David Smart, Alfred Norman) 22.

Omo Yoruba ni mi o.
We in the building

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Christese: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2017
A harden criminal.

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Tobiemmanuel007: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2017
Robi65:
Tell all this fuxk retards to leave dem boys alone .... Dem yahoo boys are only retrieving our lost assets

Robi65
. yr head de ther

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by ivolt: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:
What is the staff strength of the EFCC?

Because I don't think it makes sense to waste scarce manpower and resources chasing rats, when there are real issues and bigger problems to focus on. Millions of young Nigerians are into Internet fraud anyway, and insofar as they are not an immediate threat to the security and wellbeing of the country, the EFCC should focus on the humongous corruption going on in every government institution (at state, federal and local government levels) as well as the fraud in key private institutions such as banks. These are more injurious to the average Nigerian citizen than petty Internet hustles by frustrated youths.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it is absent.
Yahoo boys are threat to the well being of the country
and must be tackled with fervent ferocity.

Existence of armed robbers does not
excuse pickpockets as they will gladly exchange roles
if presented the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by iamkingzlee(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2017
Do they have to look this rough when they hammer?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by TEYA: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:

You're pretty stupid if you think that yahoo boys and their petty online schemes are a bigger problem for Nigerians than government and private sector corruption.

So because you are among the 1% of Nigerians privileged to travel outside the country, your own concern is about the treatment you get from foreigners? How about the millions of Nigerians back here at home whose lives are made miserable by government corruption? That's not an issue I guess, because smug hypocrites like you are more interested in being treated like royalty abroad...for what exactly?

As long as resources are limited (as they certainly are), then the EFCC must prioritise! Which is the bigger priority? Chasing after yahoo boys or chasing after those who steal billions of Naira meant for improving the lives of ordinary Nigerians? That is the essence of my argument.
You are the one that is stupid for thinking 'Petty thieves' should go unpunished. If you like don't look for something noble to do, continue scamming, the long term of the law will soon catch up with you. Poverty does not permit you to steal! EFCC is working tirelessly to put you and your cohorts where you rightly belong.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by samsam2019: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2017
They should leave Dem alone jare.

They are collecting our reparations for slavery
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by ubox: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Robi65:
Tell all this fuxk retards to leave dem boys alone .... Dem yahoo boys are only retrieving our lost assets

Lol really, assets ke grin
Fraud is a crime

Robi65
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by gonkin(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2017
ecoeco:

Wat exactly are dis innocent boys arrested for?

Dat de fell in love with a white woman nd she sent her him money to do something nd d love he had for her died?.... Which is normal

Or

Sombody was playing number puzzle with his laptop nd mistakenly breaks tru a banks firewall ( innocently oo) nd continues playing number puzzle

It's now a crime for sombori to fall out of love with a white woman or to play game with somboris laptop again

#Eco99#

Impersonation isnt a crime abi. Or diddn't u see the fake names they used
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Herrmes: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2017
Robi65:

Robi65
Jesus, you're so fvckung stupid

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by 4dor: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2017
PurestBoy:
Yahoo boys bringing in foreign money to our country have done more good to our economy than bad.

You're 100% right but most people won't get your point.
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by OmoOshodi(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2017
Dem no settle on time.... Scape goats
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2017
purityval:
Wire wire...

See POSH names,
NCAN...... No I don't want to do this.

But anyways I came yo read news not to check names

BTW..the 3rd guy below is "justOK.com" Patrotic Nigerian with dignity
Where have u been all these while bro, you just decided to leave your padi mi's with drying throat angry Abeg, when are u giving us something to drink
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by vchykp(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2017
Johnnyessence:
Wire wire business is now one of lucrative business in lasgidi. Na waooo. The lord should protect us not to fall victim.

victim of what??
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by purityval(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Where have u been all these while bro, you just decided to leave your padi mi's with drying throat angry Abeg, when are u giving us something to drink

Boss me... I dey o. Ur boy has been busy walahi. Though I have something sha... Make I go check my archive.

How you baba?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by vchykp(m): 11:59am On Sep 15, 2017
all dis smal smal g boys, if dem touch small dey start keeping dread and spending anyhow, real g boys gat property and dont get caught, good for them, if them come out, them go learn how to live life lowkey even if dem touch.. iranu
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Adams011(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Innocent hustlers wey dey hard working....#freeDemboiz
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by weezweezweez(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
dulux07:
Funny how people make excuses for these guys, fraud is a crime.
We act as if those being duped r not humans.
I wonder how u did feel if someone dupes u of your hard earned money.
I wonder o..... foolish people.... especially the girls... they would never see something wrong in it.... 80% of them are lazy.. foolish girls.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
purityval:

Boss me... I dey o. Ur boy has been busy walahi. Though I have something sha... Make I go check my archive.

How you baba?
me tight pass virgin bro, hope life dey treat u good nah wink
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
the 2nd to the last guy is tayo the guy with dread....we live together last year......omg!!! fvck!!!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Hoduwahishape: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
praiseneofingz:
the 2nd to the last guy is tayo the guy with dread....we live together last year......omg!!! fvck!!!!!

So you do Yahoo too?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hoduwahishape:

So you do Yahoo too?
read the comment again and move to the next thread thanka

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Edipee(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
purityval:

How you baba?
Baddest Corps mem. in AkS shocked
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Hoduwahishape: 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
praiseneofingz:
read the comment again and move to the next thread thanka

Whistle fall on you!

Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by dsocioemmy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
kaiii...this guys are just going over bound. will this ever come to an end in Nigeria again?..
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Hoduwahishape: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
dsocioemmy:
kaiii...this guys are just going over bound. will this ever come to an end in Nigeria again?..

Better go an join them so I can report you to EFCC... You are Yoruba shebi?
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by desmond2pk: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
And yet, timubu who, before he became governor has no business, continue to walk free
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by 400billionman: 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
Happening boys.
Usiaka Louis also known as Anthony Parker.
That got me lol...
Re: EFCC Arrests 8 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by 400billionman: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
policy12:

NCAN disappointed...this is hybrid. Combination of Biafrans and the Afonja.

There is no single Igbo there..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

American Jailed For ‘pinging’ In Court In Lagos / FBI Arraigns Sakiru Olanrewaju Over $25M Wire Fraud; Faces 30 Years In Prison / Thieves Who Stole 150 Chickens In Enugu Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.