Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! (4033 Views)

Religion And Poverty In Africa. Why Is The ‘most Religious’ Country The ‘poorest / Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World / Ghana Is The Most Religious Country On Earth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On Dec 05, 2007
Nigeria is not the most religious country in the world. Religion can not be the reason Nigeria is were it is at cause there are more religious countries out there that are world powers and developed. To try to put the problem on religion will be to pretend that the real problems do not exist and will not make them go away. There are many in Nigeria who are religious and are doing really well and there are many who are not. There is no stat to claim that those without religion in that country are doing better than those who are not. So again, claiming religion is the reason why Nigeria is where it is is based on nothing but bias.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by wendymanda: 1:36am On Dec 05, 2007
why Nigeria is one of the religious countries in the world?

Have any statistical dat? Any F-test, Paired T-test, anything at all to back up you claim. Or did you want to start a religious argument?
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by dtwsola(m): 2:48am On Dec 05, 2007
wendymanda:

Have any statistical that? Any F-test, Paired T-test, anything at all to back up you claim. Or did you want to start a religious argument?

What is a statistical? Please type in correct English. And if you just did a simple google search you'd find numerous articles to back up the claim. Here's one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/wtwtgod/3490490.stm
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 05, 2007
@ topic, poverty would be the answer.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Dec 05, 2007
In most of the countries covered, well over 80% said they believed in God or a higher power. In Nigeria the figure was 100% and in the US 91%, with the UK scoring lowest at 67%.

I know a couple Nairalanders who will tell you that ain't right. lmao!!!
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by olabowale(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2007
If only the Nigerians will be truthful in their belief system. The Overnight explosion
of Money making Churches. The unfortunate lack of understanding of the religion of
Islam by the Muslims! What they professed to , both Muslims and Christians, are not necessarily
what they practice.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by wendymanda: 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2007
What is a statistical? Please type in correct English. And if you just did a  simple google search you'd find numerous articles to back up the claim.
@ dtw_sol
In  trying to make some one look stupid you turned the mirror on yourself. You have never heard of statistical? In case you did not know statistical is a word. The error I made was by not saying "statistical data" That is the big error you caught thereby granting you a standing ovation. English is not my first language, however there was nothing un-English about it, except I did not put 'data'. Mr. English professor, next time you want to correct someone especially on their English, you might want to make sure your understanding of English words is up to par.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by dtwsola(m): 2:23am On Dec 06, 2007
wendymanda:

@ dtw_sol
In trying to make some one look stupid you turned the mirror on yourself. You have never heard of statistical? In case you did not know statistical is a word. The error I made was by not saying "statistical data" That is the big error you caught thereby granting you a standing ovation. English is not my first language, however there was nothing un-English about it, except I did not put 'data'. Mr. English professor, next time you want to correct someone especially on their English, you might want to make sure your understanding of English words is up to par.

My friend don't embarrass yourself. OK. Everyone knows statistical is a word. That's not the issue. You said: Do you have any statistical, . And here was my question to you: What is a statistical? Since you don't seem smart enough to figure it out, let me help you out. You used statistical as a noun when it is in fact an adjective. If you really meant to put data instead of that, then next time, look at what you type. And use the Modify button to correct errors so people can understand what you type. English is not my first language either, so you have no excuse. wink

So now not only have you proved yourself to be stupid, but you have absolutely no ability to infer and read between the lines. The only reason I even bothered you is that you implied the OP did not have any backing to his claims when you could have just done a simple search and saved yourself from looking like a dunce. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Now go sit down. We're not on the same level.

And my name is dtw_sola, not sol. RESPECT!
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by wendymanda: 6:23am On Dec 06, 2007
My friend don't embarrass yourself. OK. Everyone knows statistical is a word. That's not the issue. You said: Do you have any statistical, . And here was my question to you: What is a statistical? Since you don't seem smart enough to figure it out, let me help you out. You used statistical as a noun when it is in fact an adjective. If you really meant to put data instead of that, then next time, look at what you type. And use the Modify button to correct errors so people can understand what you type. English is not my first language either, so you have no excuse.

So now not only have you proved yourself to be stupid, but you have absolutely no ability to infer and read between the lines. The only reason I even bothered you is that you implied the OP did not have any backing to his claims when you could have just done a simple search and saved yourself from looking like a dunce. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
My friend you are the only one embarrasing yourself by looking for stupid errors. Since your so smart you could not simply figure out data. Also common sense might tell you that people make mistakes. Do you go from thread to thread looking for everyone who has made a mistake? You are really stupid in your argument. Well now you know that "a statistical" is an unfinished sentence for "statistical data." If you have another idiotic question please let me know. The reason I mentioned that English is not my first language isbecause its not top priority when I an typing on a thread if I make a mistake. Now when I write an English paper I read to ensure there are no errors. So please stop proofreading thread posts as I am never going to use them as resume. Get a more worthwhile job. If you still can't find one, maybe you should also chastise me on my punctuation.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by dtwsola(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2007
You still don't get it, do you. Check my post history. I do not go around looking for errors, even though I see many of them. I am not an a***hole. This is the only time I have corrected someone's grammar. I would not have bothered you had you not done a similar thing to the original poster, implying he had no backing, and accusing him of trying to start religious battles.

And I won't even bother to correct the grammar in your last post. :smh:

Now move along and don't allow this thread to divert any further. Silly thing.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by dot2002(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
wendymanda what wrong with agreeing you are not right this time perhaps you might next time. common grow up and face up to your mistakes.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by gists: 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2008
Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country? I don't think Nigeria is the most religious country (we don't even come close). In my opinion Nigerians are just the most church and mosque goers. Otherwise how else do you explain the proliferation of the so called religous houses (both mosques and churches) and yet the basic teachings of the major religions does not reflect in our lifes!
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by dot2002(m): 10:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
Nigerians has been worshipping the God of the Holy Bible for a while now from the time of the colonial slave trade; even though these worships is still less than 200 years, that is round about 3 filial generation yet we have men of God claiming they been to heaven and back to tell the tales from Nigeria. I read one book from such professor, detailing street repleted with gold! chandeliers burning golding candles and shit like that. I read another book which another vessel on to honour claimed to have seen the devil! incredible feats!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by jagunlabi(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2008
Nigeria moral/ethical decadence demonstrates quite explicitly the vast difference between being religious and being spiritual.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by namdo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2008
how did all these come up? maybe the world and all in it just appeared or evolved , emmmm  from nothing

blind + blind = DoubleBlind

The sick people need a doctor especially when they cannot help themselves nor find a way to do so. And the fake doctors who can know? Those that are 'well' think they need no doctor or even a checkup and why would they bother about the doctor when they are 'looking' ok? cry

Hope you get it though.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by KAG: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2008
jagunlabi:

Nigeria moral/ethical decadence demonstrates quite explicitly the vast difference between being religious and being spiritual.

It's the Nietzschean "God is dead" phenomena

namdo:

how did all these come up? maybe the world and all in it just appeared or evolved , emmmm from nothing

That's not how it works.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by huxley(m): 12:18am On Nov 15, 2008
I think low levels of education, poverty, credulity, gullibilty are all part of the problem
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by thehomer: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2008
huxley:

I think low levels of education, poverty, credulity, gullibilty are all part of the problem

Correct.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by aduojo2000: 9:46am On Sep 06, 2013
From research, I think nigeria is the most religious country because they are one of the most ignorant groups that exist
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by SalC: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2013
Religious indeed.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by nora544: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2013
Nigeria is not the most religious country, it is the country with the most brainwashed people.

A country that is religious the corruption would not exist.
A country that belief in god all people could live in peace.
A country that belief in god there will be no people who have nothing to eat.
A country that belief in god no pastor would have a private jet.
A country that belief in god no pastor will build big churches when there are still followers who didnot have to eat.
A country that belief in god no pastor would bring his money out of the country.
A country that belief in god no president have to bring his wife out of the country for treatment.
A country that belief in god.......

But nigerians run to churches and mosque because they are selfisch and most of the nigerians have a heart of stone.
Re: Why Is Nigeria The Most Religious Country! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
nora544: Nigeria is not the most religious country, it is the country with the most brainwashed people.

A country that is religious the corruption would not exist.
A country that belief in god all people could live in peace.
A country that belief in god there will be no people who have nothing to eat.
A country that belief in god no pastor would have a private jet.
A country that belief in god no pastor will build big churches when there are still followers who didnot have to eat.
A country that belief in god no pastor would bring his money out of the country.
A country that belief in god no president have to bring his wife out of the country for treatment.
A country that belief in god.......

But nigerians run to churches and mosque because they are selfisch and most of the nigerians have a heart of stone.

Keep contradicting yourself

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Pastor Adeboye Responded 2 The Purpoted Sms Message & Not The Jet Issue? / Do You Say Your Morning Prayer On Sunday? / Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.