Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

ASUU Strike: No End In Sight - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: No End In Sight (22429 Views)

Strike: No End In Sight, State Varsities Insist / No End In Sight To ASUU, Federal Government Face Off / ASUU Strike: No School In Kogi Has Been On Strike In The Last 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by IamAthens(m): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2017
Nigeria I hail thee. Started msc in 2014 and I'm yet to graduate, meanwhile my friend left for the UK last year and he's back with a masters degree. Which kind wahala be this?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Codyt(m): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2017
I Don tire for all of una.....

G level things lo sure grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by kennyjam: 7:13am On Sep 15, 2017
hmm
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by crazygod(m): 7:13am On Sep 15, 2017
JOYOSITA:
Make i go marry then.
If u need event planner, u can send a pm to me. I have rates for students too

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by nuhuyakubu: 7:14am On Sep 15, 2017
ASUU and The FG just dont value the life of the students,ASUU claims they are fighting for their ryt but this becoming way serious. fighting nd forgetting they are affecting those bhind the reason they are having those jobs....
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Jephz(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2017
On Wednesday I went to see my sis in school she's doing her project..... then her project supervisor came ....he said he just returned from the meeting they held concerning the strike ..we asked him what was the outcome.....he said "there's no plan to cut off the strike...that this is just the beginning of the strike that FG is not serious at all if care is not taken it may even be up to 6months again ..........since that Wednesday I just weak ... I'm supposed to be in final year mow in AAU ... but strike ......
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Crossguy: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2017
paiz:
Ladies go and marry school done close final

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by symbianDON(m): 7:16am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
ASUU....destroying student lives sine 18AD
government is not serious. what is so difficult in honoring an agreement they willingly went into?...since 2009!!! I can't blame ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Femistico(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2017
Hmmmm....It's a pity we found ourselves in this mess..may God help us
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by symbianDON(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2017
IamAthens:
Nigeria I hail thee. Started msc in 2014 and I'm yet to graduate, meanwhile my friend left for the UK last year and he's back with a masters degree. Which kind wahala be this?
grin in Nigeria, MSc na 4years, PhD na 6 years grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by otokx(m): 7:20am On Sep 15, 2017
Truth be told Government has not adequately addressed the issues raised.

Govt score card is just 1/7 it appears.

If ASUU calls off based on promises, chances are that by next year we all will be back to square 1.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by SolidMan22(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Oya watch out for the part 3. ASUU na prolific striker. Liverpool should bid for ASUU now

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2017
symbianDON:

government is not serious. what is so difficult in honoring an agreement they willingly went into?...since 2009!!! I can't blame ASUU
government is not serious.. ASUU too is not serious... Some of their demands are flimsy.e.g..placing staff primary schools on university salary scale,removal from TSA,they want to manage their IGR while seeking for more government funding.. Who does that?..fg,next time should be careful in the type of agreement they enter.... Just hope they settle quickly

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Sep 15, 2017
otokx:
Truth be told Government has not adequately addressed the issues raised.

Govt score card is just 1/7 it appears.

If ASUU calls off based on promises, chances are that by next year we all will be back to square 1.
whatever happens ..ASUU will still strike next year..that is the norm

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Aristocrat1011(m): 7:22am On Sep 15, 2017
JOYOSITA:
Make i go marry then.
I am ready to accept your application
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by otokx(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2017
IamAthens:

The guy school fees for 1 year is more than double your fees for your Nigerian 4 years masters.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by symbianDON(m): 7:24am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
government is not serious.. ASUU too is not serious... Some of their demands are flimsy.e.g..placing staff primary schools on university salary scale,removal from TSA,they want to manage their IGR while seeking for more government funding.. Who does that?..fg,next time should be careful in the type of agreement they enter.... Just hope they settle quickly
I agree with you on the points you have raised. however, one would expect government to at least meet the reasonable demands ASUU has made so schools can be reopened.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by babyfaceafrica: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2017
symbianDON:

I agree with you on the points you have raised. however, one would expect government to at least meet the reasonable demands ASUU has made so schools can be reopened.
I pray..am sure they will find a way around this
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by yahmohy27: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2017
HRich:
Operation Anaconda dance

---There was Ife/Modakeke war,no operation Monkey dance
---Hausa/Yoruba war in Ile-ife,no operation Anaconda dance
---A cult group called Badoo emerged from nowhere and killed over a hundred souls in Ikorodu-Lagos,no operation fowl dance
---Fulani herdsmen invaded Taraba and souls were lost in hundreds,no operation elephant dance
---Villages were nearly wiped out in areas occupied by TIVs in Benue state which propmted Gov Otorm to say"my people have been pushed to the wall to the extent that i may not be able to convince them not to defend themselves,yet no operation tortoise dance
---Over 400 people were gruesomely murdered in Agatu Local Govt area of Benue State by Fulani herdsmen,no operation fox dance
---In Southern Kaduna,uncountable number of innocent men,women and children were slaughtered in blood-daylight.But we never heard of this new dance by the noble Nigeria Army rather apostle Johnson Suleman who spoke up was summoned to explain what he knew about the Kaduna killings
---In Plateau state,it was a killing spray,kill anyone at sight.There was no proliferation of arms neither was anyone nor groups prosecuted,yet no operation dragon dance
---The Abuja/Kaduna road has turned a kidnapping den,former ministers,former Senators etc have been kidnapped,no operation fish-them out dance
---In Nasarawa State,over 50 police men were mysteriously slaughtered by the Ombatse people,but there was no known operation turkey dance
---The creeks of Niger/Delta is a no-go area today;the boys have taken arms against the government,killing soldiers,police,bursting oil pipes at will and sending giant oil companies packing as well as crippling Nigerian economy;yet no operation Mammy Iwater dance
---No one passes through Lokoja/Okene roads anymore,its either you are kidnapped or you are robbed;no one remembers operation tolotolo dance
---How do i count them? how do i count all the evils that happened under your very own nose? how do i explain it that of all the vices you claimed you watched from your sick bed in London,the only one that deserves crushing is the ones you described as 'miscreants' in the south east?
---Its only in the South East the military experiments operation python dance part 1 & 11.Hahahahaha!!!!
---Today you are in power, tomorrow you may be no more.Those you crush today you may not have the power to crush tomorrow.But i will still advice you;since i was born,i have never ever seen fire quenching fire.You are creating problems for this nation which you may not be available solve when the time comes.We have known you and have decided whom you are from your body language and utterances.Abia is one state you should know does not fear violence.
---Continue your python dance in such a peaceful area but also remember that pythons are not venomous but some tiny snakes are.The python may crush the tiny snakes but may not be free from venomous bites.

Copied
Lubish !
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by symbianDON(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I pray..am sure they will find a way around this
ameeeeen o
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by oluphilip2008(f): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2017
IamAthens:

Same situation I find myself too. This September makes it exactly three years that I started my M.Sc. l was about to do defence before these destiny Delayers started what they know how to do best.
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by TourismMan(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2017
birdsview:
That is why our universities keep rolling out half baked graduates..including MYSELf....it's such a pity

Thank God you included yourself.
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by EKOSuperior(m): 7:52am On Sep 15, 2017
God will punish ASUU and The Federal Government Of Nigeria for rendering us useless. ASUU for their selfishness, Federal Government for their stinginess.
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Alphaman007: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2017
What is wrong with these people nw.. At least let final year students write their exams and defend their project. .. God.... Nigeria is a waste
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by nolio(m): 8:03am On Sep 15, 2017
DanielsParker:
all these ASUU chiefs sef. their children are happily schooling abroad.

i think when we kidnap them and say ransom is to call off the strike,they will adhere
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Dammysmart: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2017
Mimienudles:
It's actually a Fact. Strike is more like a Course in the University, no student can just escape it. It's painfully impossible and saddening
I ESCAPED it... grin
Mimienudles:
It's actually a Fact. Strike is more like a Course in the University, no student can just escape it. It's painfully impossible and saddening
I ESCAPED it...
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by lalababy(f): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2017
thank you Jesus....lemme go and make money abeg.
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by hardexemmy(m): 8:11am On Sep 15, 2017
this 1 weak me oo

Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by newslifeop: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by Stevengerd(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2017
JOYOSITA:
Make i go marry then.
Waiting for you den!
Re: ASUU Strike: No End In Sight by LilSmith55(m): 8:37am On Sep 15, 2017
Most of the student go go abroad now, Years later u will hear say one of them don break one University Record for their, and we wey we dey here go dey praise dem...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Costly Mistakes University Students Make In Their First Year / Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? / Yoruba Cultural Day In My School(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.