Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector (1617 Views)

General Hospital Ifako Ijaiye Commences Use Of Electronic Medical Records / Buy all-in-one electronic medical records (EMR) software in Nigeria / TOP 4 Electronic Medical Record System In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Ashiodolo: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2017
It is no longer news that we are in the information age and a fast one at that. Every sector of the economy is now an information driven sector. Information is even more critical in the health and medical sector. How can healthcare centers, hospitals, health institutions and every major player of the Nigeria health system build an indestructible, accessible and ready to use information system that is efficient and cost effective?
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) solution is a service that will most medical centres in Nigeria do not have. For instance at this time of strike, if you want to change hospital it takes time before your medical records are transferred from one hospital to another. Many Nigerians really don't care much because when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable. Speaking to Mr. Seun of the Medical Entrepreneurs Limited, a company with the mission of helping Nigerian medical center with a digital Medical Records he has this to say; "Poor medical record is one of the major causes of poor healthcare services and but with a proper digital records it is easy to

1. Convert documents on Paper to digital records
2 Archive documents
3. Access to medical records from remote locations and even transfer documents from one hospitals to another.
Nigerians deserve to have their medical history, and hospitals need to a upgrade to the EMR to
a. Better Customer satisfaction.
b. Improved brand image
c. Improved productivity and profit.
d. Increase staff efficiency.

1 Like

Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2017
Really nice one. I wonder how hospital facilities get to survive this day and age without it. The efficiency of information retrieval and dissemination is unparalleled. How is the issue of potential confidentiality breach with EHR being resolved though? That's the only potential downside I see asides high cost of deployment that is.

2 Likes

Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Pearlspar: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2017
This is the way forward for Nigeria Health sector and it should be implemented in all hospitals, clinics and diagnostic centres. Medical Entrepreneurs Limited has done it for some hospitals that i know. Glad to see this information.
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Ashiodolo: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2017
The EMR/EHR when properly used has several permission rights. Infact the only way privacy can be breached is if it is done intentionally which is breach of medical oath in itself or negligence by the officials.
lamidebaby:
Really nice one. I wonder how hospital facilities get to survive this day and age without it. The efficiency of information retrieval and dissemination is unparalleled. How is the issue of potential confidentiality breach with EHR being resolved though? That's the only potential downside I see asides high cost of deployment that is.
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Pearlspar: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2017
lamidebaby:

I thought i was going to be the first to comment on this but you made it before me. Nice one.
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2017
Pearlspar:

I thought i was going to be the first to comment on this but you made it before me. Nice one.
Are you by any chance one of the notorious FTC contenders? cheesy
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Personally I'm of the opinion staying with the manual recording and transmission of patient records is getting as archaic as sticking with information dissemination through NIPOST instead of emails. It's simply unthinkable in the present scheme of things in medical practice.
@OP How do I contact these Medical Entrepreneur guys?

1 Like

Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Ashiodolo: 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
You can visit their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Medpreneurs/ and send them a massage.
NiyiRocks:
Personally I'm of the opinion staying with the manual recording and transmission of patient records is getting as archaic as sticking with information dissemination through NIPOST instead of emails. It's simply unthinkable in the present scheme of things in medical practice.
@OP How do I contact these Medical Entrepreneur guys?
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by olarge: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Can I have an idea what it will cost to convert patient case notes to digital format for a hospital started in 1998.
A rough estimate will do.
Ashiodolo:
It is no longer news that we are in the information age and a fast one at that. Every sector of the economy is now an information driven sector. Information is even more critical in the health and medical sector. How can healthcare centers, hospitals, health institutions and every major player of the Nigeria health system build an indestructible, accessible and ready to use information system that is efficient and cost effective?
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) solution is a service that will most medical centres in Nigeria do not have. For instance at this time of strike, if you want to change hospital it takes time before your medical records are transferred from one hospital to another. Many Nigerians really don't care much because when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable. Speaking to Mr. Seun of the Medical Entrepreneurs Limited, a company with the mission of helping Nigerian medical center with a digital Medical Records he has this to say; "Poor medical record is one of the major causes of poor healthcare services and but with a proper digital records it is easy to

1. Convert documents on Paper to digital records
2 Archive documents
3. Access to medical records from remote locations and even transfer documents from one hospitals to another.
Nigerians deserve to have their medical history, and hospitals need to a upgrade to the EMR to
a. Better Customer satisfaction.
b. Improved brand image
c. Improved productivity and profit.
d. Increase staff efficiency.
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by Ashibelieve: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2017
Since you specify the year I don't know. Our own was immediately we started. you can call. I would love to give you their contact but it is against nairaland rules so just follow them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Medpreneurs/ or send me a mail request on my profile.
olarge:
Can I have an idea what it will cost to convert patient case notes to digital format for a hospital started in 1998.
A rough estimate will do.
Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by OlADIPU: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2021
Every competent physician knows that 85% of accurate diagnosis is based on patient history, 10% on thorough physical examination and the remainder on laboratory test and x-ray. If you find an health institution where clinical reports are sent via Excel or test results are computed in MS Word or doctor's note are in papers or cardboards, let them computerized with ajirMED HMS/EMR to access their patients electronic medical records and manage their facilities effortlessly. https://ajirmed.com

Re: Electronic Medical Records: Solution For The Nigeria Health Sector by OlADIPU: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Whether you have problems with the once promising EMR you subscribed to or you have just gotten phone, tablet and computers for your hospital computerization, I know you want another facility to recommend to you the good EMR they are using. If you are tired of all this EMR that want to milk you dry or are too complex for your work environment, what you are about to reach will raise your hope. You can not give up because what heard as a benefit of EMR is inspiring you to continue thesearch. You will get it somedays. I want to tell you what AjirMed EMR customers are saying.

“The way I am using ajirMed usually surprise other private practittionals. I can be in a AGPMPN meeting after examining a patient, recomended a test at Atlantic. I 'll received an alert of result when ready at the meeting, and login to continue treatments there.”Atlantic Hospital, Lagos. Emeka Nwani, CEO

“ajirMed has brought many positive changes to Lade hospital. The most significant was the time saved during Prescription. We used saved Prescription/Hints that incorporates suggested treatments based on patient diagnosis characteristics to save time.” Lade Hospital, Lagos. Onafujabi Adebayo, CMD

“ajirMed is the only way for us to have transform wholesome medical practice. They easily integrated diet treatment, physiotherapy treatment into the core of our operation simply with the click of a button and regularly attends to our demands to turn our paper forms into interactive digits”. Parkview Hospital, Lagos. Nathaniel Lulu, DMS

“ajirMed provides us with an interface where we can administer special ENT treatments, a highly customizable way of applying medicine and tracking usage, as well as great reporting tools with dashboard capabilities. ” Ade Tokunbo ENT Clinic, Lagos. Yinka Makinde, MD

‘' Grace hospital has found ajirMed to save us cost on paper records we used to carry from house to house, which has both minimized administrative overheads and assists to have mobile medical records of patients wherever and whenever we visit. ”Grace Hospital, Osogbo. Dorcas Eleka, CMD

‘'We have found that the customization with ajirMed is orders of magnitude. The customization of our inventories at the pharmacy and creation of user segregation of duties with needed attached privileges has made a huge difference to us.” Wemimo Hospital, Ibadan. Gbenga Adekunle, MD.

We hope you find any of these useful in our case. For additional information, visit www.ajirmed.com, book your own demo, check the price. It is very affordable. You can also call them or send whatsapp messages if you needed help or answers to your questions. We sincerely hope you also have good to say about this EMR, it will be the end of your search.

Also, check this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQvGviWAmCc

(1) (Reply)

Bodybuilding Supplements For Sale.. / PHOTO SPEAK : 10 Funny, Ridiculous And Desperate COVID 19 Face Masks / Very Ugent! Please My Conscience Is Pricking Me So Badly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.