Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,950 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python (2355 Views)

IPOB Threat: Count Us Out Of Operation Python Dance, Say South East Governors / Nnamdi Kanu: How I Was Smuggled Out Of Nigeria During Operation Python Dance / ICC To Investigate Killings In Operation Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by itzsauce: 10:41am On Sep 15, 2017
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, has reacted to the much talked about python dance as he urged Nigerians to live in peace with one another for the unity of the country.

He made the appeal against the backdrop of the rising number of civilian deaths linked with the on-going military invasion of the South-east and the resultant reprisal attacks in various parts of the country.

The monarch, in a statement issued in Sokoto yesterday, said that religious and community leaders should be given a chance to wade into the pockets of tension which threaten the continuous survival of the nation.

He said;

“I am calling on all Nigerians to imbibe and embrace the culture and spirit of living in peace, irrespective of tribal, ethnic or regional differences.

“Nigeria would continue to remain one nation with a common goal of purposeful development. The action of some should not be allowed to tear the country apart.

“Bad ones among our people should be called to order by their elders and community leaders.

“I challenge elder statesmen to call the youth to order and educate them on the need for peaceful coexistence in their respective geo-political zones.

“As traditional leaders, we would continue to preach love among the diverse communities in our domains throughout the country.”

The Sultan said Nigeria was brought together by an act of God, despite the different ethnic group, religions and diverse rich and beautiful cultures to form one country. He said God would protect the sovereignty.

He further tasked the federal and state governments as well as security agencies in their collective efforts to bring sustained peace and development to the country.

see more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/biafra-dont-let-tribalism-tear-us-apart-sultan-sokoto-reacts-operation-python-dance/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by itzsauce: 10:43am On Sep 15, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by ojimbo(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2017
Nigeria is one Nation?
When the beast went to America to tell them that some are 97% while some are 5%
One day. All these atrocities will fall on you people. Anyday i see Buhari or any of his relatives outside Nigeria. Just mark it that i must commit murder and sucide that day.
Take my words.
You people must feel the pains too

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2017
Which act of God? Stop insulting our senses.

There is nothing wrong in being together if equity and justice is ensured. If great leaders who are non nepotic leads people to the rightful path. If corruption is totally eliminated and country is ran like every other country.

We have a country where everyone is fighting for his tribesmen and no unity in attitude. An Hausa man remains a stranger in Igbo land irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. An Igbo man remains a stranger and becomes a target in the north irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. Same with Yorubas and other tribes.

Tell me our gain in being united when the proponents of such unity divides the country based on political gain through their actions and inactions.

Your graduates are taking up 30k monthly jobs and u tell me one Nigeria. Our children are deing on seas on their way to Europe, u tell me one Nigeria. Doctors have gone on strike. ASSU on strike, labour preparing, what a country?

One guy returned to my neighbourhood yesterday schooling on Cyprus, he is an idol of the street. How many people are in Cyprus? Whats their population?Indonesian exchanging palm oil with our crude oil, what a shame?

The issue is that those who are calling for a restructuring or break up are more patriotic. If one region cannot move forward, why would every other region be tied down on this hell hole called Nigeria?

Foreigners are enjoying our sweet and we keep quite. Ordinary Lebanese are whipping the ass your people in their own land and all we know is one Nigeria. Ghanaian embassy is already choked with applicants. South Africa and Kenya same. Zimbabwe is already deporting Nigeria ns. Chai, are we cursed. No food, no education, no basics amenities and we shout one Nigeria.

Nnamdi KANU method may not bee right to you but the result he is trying to achieve is extremely important to me. This is the right change. The change we seek and the change we must achieve whether the devil like it or not. Nigeria is a MESSED

6 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sanandreas(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2017
We are already divided. Fulani herdsmen on rampage yet not a single bullet. Biafrans have right to self determination.

11 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by BiafraIShere(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2017
Where we together before?? Have we ever been together before Dismantle the jungle once and for all so that peace will reign!!! When Catalonians asked for independence, did the Spanish president send soldiers to kill them?? When the Scots demanded for referendum, did the prime minister send soldiers to kill them Why will the terrorist barbarian called buhari send soldiers to kill Biafrans because IPOB demanded for referendum

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by eyescue(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2017
Like father like son

Modified***all northerners are the same. Preaching about their selfish interest even without knowing.
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by wakaman: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2017
They wont hear or reason!
They are deaf, dumb and blind to reason.
Their hate consumes them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sarrki(m): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Whatever Python is dancing
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sarrki(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2017
eyescue:
Like father like son

Modified***all northerners are the same. Preaching about their selfish interest even without knowing.

Igbos are fool

They are terrorist

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sarrki(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2017
sanandreas:
We are already divided. Fulani herdsmen on rampage yet not a single bullet. Biafrans have right to self determination.

Igbos lacks understanding and knowledge
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sarrki(m): 10:50am On Sep 15, 2017
ojimbo:
Nigeria is one Nation?
When the beast went to America to tell the that some are 97% while some are 5%
One day. All these atrocities will fall on ypu people. Anyday i see Buhari or any of his relatives outside Nigeria. Juat mark it that i must commit murder and sucide that day.
Take my words.

Igbos will pay for crime against humanity

Starting from this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by perez100: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2017
I tell you, Nigeria will get what she want. They want faceless groups operating in every part of Nigeria singing more peaceful boko haram songs without traceable base and you will only read General Peace Elude-Killer claiming responsibility for no group. Then Nigerians will be begging 'pls let them come out and tell us what is their problem. They should watch it but I feel for some well meaning Nigerians from all tribes that may be affected. Afonjos - descendants of biblical Haman? The man Ojukwu released Victor Banjo alongside with Awolowo in Calabar Prison yet Afonjas never appreciated Ojukwu. The Victor Banjo that pleaded with Biafra soldiers to liberate his Afonja brothers and Igbo soldiers risked their lives and advancing to liberate these ungrateful Afonjas but as usual they backstabbed Biafrans immediately Russian and British jet fighters went up agaimst Biafrans in Ore. Aside OBJ, the few other Yorubas later regretted fighting against Biafra. They were just few Yoruba soldiers in that war but Afonjas

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sanandreas(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2017
sarrki:

Igbos lacks understanding and knowledge

You are morally barren. Where is your conscience? You jump from thread to thread on ipob issues and you will turn blind eye when usman danfiodo descendants strikes. Buhari embarked on an unimportant war which would settle nothing and whose chronology is obscured. The presidency reeks feckless incompetence and now the anecdotes cluster thickly.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by madridguy(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2017
cool shocked
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by Desyner: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2017
We shouldn't let tribalism hold us together also . . .
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by idupaul: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2017
When you elect a divisive man as president then this is what you get ..Kanu is actually a by product of Buhari incompetence .

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by IgboSubmarine: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2017
This Sultan is a hopeless person

He spoke like a castrated he goat

Which hopeless unity is he preaching that he can't direct towards Buhari

When Buhari made hate speech against Jonathan, did we kill Hausa Fulani people.? No

When Buhari threatened the peace of Nigeria during Jonathan's presidency, did we kill Hausa Fulani people.? No

When Buhari divided the country into 97% and 5% did we kill Hausa Fulani people .? No

When Buhari said baboon and dogs will be soaked in blood, did we kill Hausa Fulani people.? No

When Fulani herdsmen killed our people in their farms, did we launch an all out killing of Hausa Fulani people.? No

When Buhari favoured you guys in appointments & infrastructures, did we kill Hausa Fulani people.? No

Let me tell you Buhari's supporters the truth

Buhari has placed this country on the path of war

Any further denial of Igbo rights to federal appointments and infrastructures, will only make the brilliant Igbos who are yet to massively give their brains to IPOB, join Kanu

Now the intelligent Igbos will join the struggle and ensure that the injustice against the Igbos come to an end

Remember the German Scientists of the 3rd Reich were products of Anti German policies of post first world war.

Go and pray that God settles this matter because if God don't calm the Biafrans, the end won't be palatable.

From today, the hatred in the hearts of the Biafrans against Hausa Fulani people will keep rising.

You know that hatred leads to ethnic riots.

Ethnic riots filled with intense hatred leads to ingenious war products for mass killings.

Buhari has ignited a serious war that will last for a millennium

3 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by Scholes007(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Why this dance in the first place? I must say am ashamed of the leadership of the military. There are ways they can conduct drills without rising so much dust. If there is further breakdown of law in other parts of the Nation, the military should be No. 1 culprit.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by UchihaFeraz: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2017
sanandreas:

You are morally barren. Where is your conscience? You jump from thread to thread on ipob issues and you will turn blind eye when usman danfiodo descendants strikes. Buhari embarked on an unimportant war which would settle nothing and whose chronology is obscured. The presidency reeks feckless incompetence and now the anecdotes cluster thickly.
Was there an atom of morality in him before? That guy is a lost cause. . .he can never ever be redeemed.

sarrki:

Igbos are fool

They are terrorist
STFU you this hypocritical scum! I have said it before and I will say it again: if they rank people who are patriotic, you are among the lowest because you have sold your conscience for a morsel of porridge. You never opened your mouth to condemn killings happening in other parts of Nigeria but find your voice when it comes to IPOB. Where were you when they were defending the numerous herdsmen as people from outside Nigeria? Supposed 'foreigners' have caused havoc; not once did you write that they are terrorist but an organisation which the Nigerian court have not classified as a threat to the nation is whom you open your mouth to call 'terrorist'? Now, the sultan who BTW was fingered among those who took the Paris refund loan for a personal house, who you never condemned for his people's standard of living, is hypocritically talking about tribalism and you are here to show your support as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by ipoblogic: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2017
oga Sultan
IPOB have nothing in common with Jihardists and terrorists。

2 Likes

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by TheFreeOne: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
The Sultan said Nigeria was brought together by an act of God, despite the different ethnic group, religions and diverse rich and beautiful cultures to form one country. He said God would protect the sovereignty.

Which Kain yeye talk be dis

When will these fraudulent leaders, hegemons stop this use of God to mask their evils and glaring injustices. And by the way which God is this dude yapping about?

Is it the god that supports 97% vs 5% proponents or the one that gave naija oil blocks, security architecture to hausa/fulani

Oh...maybe the god that rejects restructuring but prefers continuous backwardness from unity beggars and supporters of one Nigeria at all costs.

A true God doesn't support injustice.
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
#OUR PRESIDENT IS A MURDERER #

1 Like

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by mercy0008(f): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
SHARRAP. U LIE. AS MUCH AS I AM NOT A FAN OF BUHARI BUT U LIE OGA. LETS STOP HIDING BEHIND OUR PHONES AND TYPING THINGS WE CANT DO. ANYDAY U SEE BUHARI OR HIS RELATIVES OUTSIDE NIGERIA MY FOOT.
ojimbo:
Nigeria is one Nation?
When the beast went to America to tell the that some are 97% while some are 5%
One day. All these atrocities will fall on ypu people. Anyday i see Buhari or any of his relatives outside Nigeria. Juat mark it that i must commit murder and sucide that day.
Take my words.
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by myrrtle(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
sarrki:

Igbos will pay for crime against humanity

Starting from this morning
you say the above, you say the below.. same today! are you �

sarrki:

I am a concern Nigeria

I appeal to all Nigerians especially the Igbos to sheaths their sword .

No matter the issues or provocation can be settled through violence.

Let me drop it here, extremely delighted with the calm response from Northern Nigeria, this is how to handle provocations,

Let us use Nairaland to make peace

Peace is all we need.

Thank you

A Concern Nairalander

Also known As A Patriot

Cc myndd44

Cc lalasticlala

Cc Seun

Cc ishilove
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by mercy0008(f): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
THIS IS THE MOST REASONABLE COMMENT I HAVE SEEN IN SUPPORT OF IPOB, I DONT WANT A DIVIDED NIGERIA BUT I WANT EQUITY AND FAIRNESS FOR THE IGBOS. BUT VIOLENCE IS NOT THE WAY, RESTRUCTURING IS. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
SpecialAdviser:
Which act of God? Stop insulting our senses.

There is nothing wrong in being together if equity and justice is ensured. If great leaders who are non nepotic leads people to the rightful path. If corruption is totally eliminated and country is ran like every other country.

We have a country where everyone is fighting for his tribesmen and no unity in attitude. An Hausa man remains a stranger in Igbo land irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. An Igbo man remains a stranger and becomes a target in the north irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. Same with Yorubas and other tribes.

Tell me our gain in being united when the proponents of such unity divides the country based on political gain through their actions and inactions.

Your graduates are taking up 30k monthly jobs and u tell me one Nigeria. Our children are deing on seas on their way to Europe, u tell me one Nigeria. Doctors have gone on strike. ASSU on strike, labour preparing, what a country?

One guy returned to my neighbourhood yesterday schooling on Cyprus, he is an idol of the street. How many people are in Cyprus? Whats their population?Indonesian exchanging palm oil with our crude oil, what a shame?

The issue is that those who are calling for a restructuring or break up are more patriotic. If one region cannot move forward, why would every other region be tied down on this hell hole called Nigeria?

Foreigners are enjoying our sweet and we keep quite. Ordinary Lebanese are whipping the ass your people in their own land and all we know is one Nigeria. Ghanaian embassy is already choked with applicants. South Africa and Kenya same. Zimbabwe is already deporting Nigeria ns. Chai, are we cursed. No food, no education, no basics amenities and we shout one Nigeria.

Nnamdi KANU method may not bee right to you but the result he is trying to achieve is extremely important to me. This is the right change. The change we seek and the change we must achieve whether the devil like it or not. Nigeria is a MESSED
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by sarrki(m): 1:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
myrrtle:

you say the above, you say the below.. same today! are you �

Check time bro
Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by mercy0008(f): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
You are a bastard for that generalization.
eyescue:
Like father like son

Re: Don't Let Tribalism Tear Us Apart - Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Operation Python by orisa37: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
Your Eminence.
We don't have tribal hatred anywhere in Nigeria.
But we have the Fulani Tribe wanting to dominate and occupy other tribal communities by force.
The Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Tivs etc don't want to wake up one morning and see their houses and lands terrorised, confiscated and occupied by Bokoharam and Fulani Herdsmen who incidentally have now turned Kidnappers.
Restructuring is all about marking state territories within the Nigerian State and empowering States for security, safety and successful progress control and better understanding and respect for our individual humanity.
God bless Nigeria!!!
From-afgg(Apostle for good government)-for DANites!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Ahmed Bola Tinubu / Buhari Refused To Wave In Akwa Ibom (pic) / Hausa-fulani Presidency In 2023 Will Boost Secessionist Struggle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.