Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. (1750 Views)

My Pastor Told Me Not To Marry My Girlfriend / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by alfalfaking: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2017
"It is forbidden for a female Muslim to marry other than a Muslim and the hikmah behind this commandment from Allah is that, Allah tahala doesn't want His religion (Islam) to be at the buttom..He wants Islam to be the Head, you know when a Muslim man marries a woman ordinarily, He becomes the Head of the house and the sole authority in the home... Yeah.. That's the logic.. No religion should be above the religion of Allah and his Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)...na'am"

Ours started as kids we knew no religion, we only knew we were best friends, we were neighbors for many years, the best of our lives I would say. We struggled to math exercises together, our dads were lecturers, we grew up loving each other to the point when I officially asked her out then she brought up a phrase similar to the above, this was a blow because to God I have never seen her as different, we were cool I studied computer science left the country for a while, she journeyed into medicine she is a medical doctor today, very very smart for a lady, all my years outside the shores of Nigeria my mind would travel to her, she has told me if we were in different climes she would marry me, if I would pretend to change religion for her parents approval then we can travel out of Nigeria and be normal people again. I don't want to suggest running away from home and it would be bad for the family, her people all love me, but wouldn't support when it comes to marriage, I have seen Americans marry Muslims both ways, and it wasn't an issue, I don't know if this is God's doing or man making to further divide us. I and my girlfriend are based in the North she is from the Northwestern part of Nigeria and I still know of some Yoruba men, Ebira Men, Nupe Men, etc who find it almost as difficult because they are not Hausa's. I need suggestions on what to do please, we both are resolute on this, so I don't want any Christians or Muslims trying to tear us apart, we have turned down lots of other potential affairs with the hope this will work to our good. I would prefer comments from the Hausa's, probably it isn't much of an issue towards the west, I seek one and only one insightful and unbiased response to this quagmire. Maybe if we can make this work, ours would be a model for others to come.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by paiz: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Go on
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by An2elect2(f): 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nominal Christians are only fooling themselves

1 Like

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by GoodMuyis(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
alfalfaking why am I having the thought that you cooking this up.

Any get understanding on Christian Marriage first. I knew an Igbira who married a muslim lady (same tribe) with parent consent and he brought her into church. If you are a Christian never expect a marriage from a core northern Muslim lady, her parent will never give consent no matter how much you offer. In fact you will reminded that you are kafir
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Uyi168: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
to me,religion is too petty an issue to cause problems between two persons that are truly in love..we were humans first before anything else..

1 Like

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Uyi168: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
To me,religion is too petty an issue to cause problem between two that are truly in love
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by 0temAtum: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
menstrualpad:
Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
Going by the bible standard, I can say that you are right because Allah is the devil to the Christians and marrying a worshipper of Allah the devil will amount to being unequally yoked with unbeliever

But by the standard of universality you are wrong because the bible itself is more fictitiously real than physically real. God Almighty who made all things including the gods like Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Olorun, Eshu, Vishnu etc didn't give any rule concerning whom you should marry or whom you shouldn't marry, therefore, according to universal reality, the op is free to marry her. If he likes he can even marry two muslim ladies sef, though it's not normal at the moment cheesy but who knows if the abnormalities of today will eventually become the normality of tomorrow?

That reminds me of Onan whom Yeshua(Faulkin) and Moussa killed for applying the withdrawal method of birth control many years back. But now his method is now normalised and used as one of the birth control methods.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by CAPSLOCKED: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
Uyi168:
To me,religion is too petty an issue to cause problem between two that are truly in love

RELIGION HAS BEEN CAUSING WARS AND DAMAGES FOR CENTURIES, BETWEEN COUNTRIES AND PEOPLE.
AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LOVE THAT COMMON "MONEY" CAN DESTROY?

PLEASE, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by 0temAtum: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
Uyi168:
to me,religion is too petty an issue to cause problems between two persons that are truly in love..we were humans first before anything else..
I concur

1 Like

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by alfalfaking: 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
GoodMuyis:
alfalfaking why am I having the thought that you cooking this up.

Any get understanding on Christian Marriage first. I knew an Igbira who married a muslim lady (same tribe) with parent consent and he brought her into church. If you are a Christian never expect a marriage from a core northern Muslim lady, her parent will never give consent no matter how much you offer. In fact you will reminded that you are kafir

We know this already, we want a way out probably from a core northern Muslim. My mother was Muslim but Igala she married my Dad who is Igala but christian. It isn't much of an issue around those axis cause they see each other as one extended family irrespective of religion.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

RELIGION HAS BEEN CAUSING WARS AND DAMAGES FOR CENTURIES, BETWEEN COUNTRIES AND PEOPLE.
AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT LOVE THAT COMMON "MONEY" CAN DESTROY?

PLEASE, WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?

grin grin grin
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
0temAtum:
Going by the bible standard, I can say that you are right because Allah is the devil to the Christians and marrying a worshipper of Allah the devil will amount to being unequally yoked with unbeliever
3. I ONLY FOLLOW THE BIBLE. THANKS. WE'RE DONE.

But by the standard of universality you are wrong because the bible itself is more fictitiously real than physically real. God Almighty who made all things including the gods like Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Olorun, Eshu, Vishnu etc didn't give any rule concerning whom you should marry or whom you shouldn't marry, therefore, according to universal reality, the op is free to marry her. If he likes he can even marry two muslim ladies sef, though it's not normal at the moment cheesy but who knows if the abnormalities of today will eventually become the normality of tomorrow?
2. THE BIBLE GAVE VERY CLEAR INDICATIONS ABOUT WHO TO MARRY OR NOT MARRY.

That reminds me of Onan whom Yeshua(Faulkin) and Moussa killed for applying the withdrawal method of birth control many years back. But now his method is now normalised and used as one of the birth control methods.
1. HE WAS BEING WICKED TO PRESERVING HIS BROTHER'S NAME AND LINEAGE. THAT WAS WHY HE REFUSED TO EJACULATE IN HER VJAY. DONT TWIST THE BIBLE!

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by 0temAtum: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

1. HE WAS BEING WICKED TO PRESERVING HIS BROTHER'S NAME AND LINEAGE. THAT WAS WHY HE REFUSED TO EJACULATE IN HER VJAY. DONT TWIST THE BIBLE!

It still leaves my point valid anyway. Can you marry your own late brother's wife? So now if you can't do that, you see that Onan foresaw it that it wasn't normal,whereas Yeshua and Moussa felt it waswas the right thing to do in those days. Onan was living like a MODERN MAN in an ANCIENT WORLD.

I LOVE ONAN.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
An2elect2:
Nominal Christians are only fooling themselves
Only a nominal Christian would even consider such rubbish
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by alfalfaking: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

Only a nominal Christian would even consider such rubbish
These are the sorts of comments we plan on avoiding, I told you I am Christian, yet you tag me nominal I seriously want to keep away from such; if you were Muslim how do you think your perception of Christianity would be born-again christian, or are you people under another title or divide I am not aware of?
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
alfalfaking:

These are the sorts of comments we plan on avoiding, I told you I am Christian, yet you tag me nominal I seriously want to keep away from such; if you were Muslim how do you think your perception of Christianity would be born-again christian, or are you people under another title or divide I am not aware of?
Boy you don't know the implications of toying with the nonsense you are up to... And like I said only a candlelight in the wind Christian would ever contemplate such hideous idea..

And THERE'S NO WE!
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Uyi168:
Religion is tied to values and cultures of the people...
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by alfalfaking: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
menstrualpad:

Boy you don't know the implications of toying with the nonsense you are up to... And like I said only a candlelight in the wind Christian would ever contemplate such hideous idea..

And THERE'S NO WE!

This will be my last quote of your comments, thank you for your 2cents. Did you read when I wrote I am a product of such a union? My relationship with God is good same with my moms whose prayer and encouragement has kept the family through our trials.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by menstrualpad: 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
alfalfaking:

This will be my last quote of your comments, thank you for your 2cents. Did you read when I wrote I am a product of such a union? My relationship with God is good same with my moms whose prayer and encouragement has kept the family through our trials.
No wonder.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by 701ecilana: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
From did Christians start answering Alfa?
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
It is a sin to marry someone who is not Christian? It is not wise in any way to think you can convert someone down the way because most of the time it doesn’t work and it leads to more problems on top of other problems you will have. If you marry a non-Christian or someone of a different faith you’re the one who will end up compromising and you’re the one who might be led astray.

If someone is not building you up in Christ they are bringing you down. If you marry an unbeliever most likely your children will be unbelievers as well. You will not have the godly family all Christians desire. How would you feel if your spouse and children go to hell? Don’t tell yourself, but he/she is nice because it doesn’t matter. Non-Christians can only drag you down no matter how nice they are. Watch out for fake Christians who claim to be believers, but live like devils. Don’t think you’re wiser than God or you know better than him. When you marry you will be one flesh. How can God be one flesh with Satan?

There will be extreme consequences down the road if you make the wrong decision. Sometimes people don’t want to wait for God to provide a godly spouse, but you must. Continually pray and deny yourself. Sometimes you have to cut people off. If your whole life is all about Christ make the choice that is pleasing to him.

What then does the Bible say about marrying an unbeliever?
1. 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

2. 2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore, “Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.”

3. Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

4. 1 Corinthians 7:15-16 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?
How can you build each other up in Christ and share things about him? A spouse is to help you grow in faith not hinder you

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. You build your faith together.
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
It is a sin to marry someone

If someone is not building you up in Christ they are bringing you down. If you marry an unbeliever most likely your children will be unbelievers as well. You will not have the godly family all Christians desire. How would you feel if your spouse and children go to hell? Don’t tell yourself, but he/she is nice because it doesn’t matter. Non-Christians can only drag you down no matter how nice they are.

so more than half of the world's population will end up in hell irrespective of how they lived their lives hmmm
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

so more than half of the world's population will end up in hell irrespective of how they lived their lives hmmm
The scriptures given as buttressed all I said.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
The scriptures given as buttressed all I said.
scriptures according to your religion. ok
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

scriptures according to your religion. ok
According to the Bible. The message was addressed to whom it may concern
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

According to the Bible. The message was addressed to whom it may concern

I know your religion recognize the bible as it's holy scriptures duh!
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

I know your religion recognize the bible as it's holy scriptures duh!
Thank God you know.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by redsun(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Organised religions are primarily main to divide people.Create animosities,hate and unnecessary differences where there not.It is subjective and misleading to those with uncharted minds.You got to see beyond the box and free yourself from the tangles of fundamental ignorance and subjective delusions that could deprive you of your joy in your short and futile life,the joy that only you can feel.

He who wears the shoes...

1 Like

Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by alfalfaking: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2017
701ecilana:
From did Christians start answering Alfa?
Google alfalfa.
Your mind was so closed you found what you wanted to fibd, congratulations. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by 701ecilana: 12:37am On Sep 23, 2017
alfalfaking:

Google alfalfa.
Your mind was so closed you found what you wanted to fibd, congratulations. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
alfa, go ahead marry whoever you want. No be you go follow her stay? See me see case o.
Re: I Am A Christian And I Want To Marry My Girlfriend Who Is A Muslim. by AgentOfAllah: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Op, I'm not a Muslim, but I do have a strong Muslim background, so if this helps, you should know that there is not one single place in the Quran where Muslim women are explicitly instructed not to marry Christian men. Yes, a verse exists that instructs Muslims not to marry disbelievers in general, but the Quran, and Islam by extension, does not consider Christians and Jews as disbelievers. It sees them as kin, and even fondly refers to them as people of the book.
I challenge any Muslim to provide a verse that bans Muslim women from marrying Christian men. There's a general saying in Islam that if god hasn't made something explicitly forbidden, it is an unforgivable sin to forbid it on god's behalf. So, in spite of what the self-acclaimed, twatweasel, knob head scholars may say, they've basically made up that shitty rule to control women.

I hope love prevails for you!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Amazing: See Why The Best Religion In The World Rejected The Award / Rccg Teen Sunday School Manual (zeal) 12/08/2018 – God Of Honour / Seyi Makinde Loves Islam Muslims...proved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.