Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' (1421 Views)

How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / World Igbo Congress Challenges Govt On Security Of Lives, Property In S/east / Iron Ore Deposit Found In Kogi, Worth Billions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 10:08pm On Feb 28, 2010
Yoruba lost 156 lives, property worth billions of naira to Jos crises'
Written by Dapo Falade
Saturday, February 27, 2010

CHIEF Toye Ogunsuyi, President of the Yoruba Community in Plateau State, has declared that the race lost 156 lives and property worth N2.5 billion to the ethno-religious crises in Jos, the state capital, between 2008 and last January.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/27/610.html

The Yoruba leader made the declaration in a position paper on the recent crisis in Jos, which he presented at the meeting of the Yoruba Unity Forum (formerly Yoruba Legacy Forum) held on Thursday at the home of the Awo-lowos in Ikenne, Ogun State.

It is recalled that Jos was recently embroiled in a violent crisis leading to the death of several thousands of people and destruction of homes and properties worth hundreds of billions of naira.

Expressing the concern of the Yoruba race about the cycle of violence that had taken over Jos, Ogunsuyi, in the paper he jointly signed with his Personal Assistant, Mr. Tunde Oladapo, warned that the crisis, if not checked in time, may eventually spread to the entire country.

Noting that the Yoruba were known for peaceful co-existence, justice, hardwork and rule of law, he said that the race had been made to bear the brunt of the recurring crises in Jos, adding that his house and car were destroyed in a bomb blast during the last January crisis.

"For the records, Pla-teau State has witnessed frequent crises in 1994, 2001, 2004, 2008 and January 2010, during which many Yoruba, including their off-springs, Youth Corps members and students, as well as mothers and children were killed innocently and properties worth billions of naira belonging to Yoruba were either looted, burnt or destroy-ed," he said.

Condemning the Jos violence, he said that the Yoruba had never, at any point in time, ignited or launched any attack on any race or persons for political, economic or religious gains, adding that there was no justifi-cation whatsoever for the unfortunate carnage and unrest that followed the crisis.

He, however applauded the wisdom and vision of the Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, for enlarging membership of the Advisory Committee from 15 to 22, a committee set up to look into the remote and the immediate causes of the recent violence with a view to finding a lasting solution to the crisis.

The Yoruba leader said that he and his group had earlier protested against the non-inclusion of any Yoruba man in the committee, adding that now that one of them had been included, there should be more Yoruba representation on the committee for fairness and equity.

He, however, endorsed the coming together of Yoruba leaders to form the Yoruba Unity Forum under the leadership of Mama HID Awolowo, saying that its formation was timely to give the Yoruba a sense of direction, particularly in the face of the pervading crises in the polity.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by riversman: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
lol, why are yoruba people just LIARS, majority killed in these religious wars have been from the eastern part of nigeria, most Yoruba's in the north blend well with Hausa's, hiss

*blank stare* @billions of naira, iz it a bonz, grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2010
You knew that how? undecided undecided undecided

Were you one of the killers?
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by sjeezy8: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2010
riversman:

lol, why are yoruba people just LIARS, majority killed in these religious wars have been from the eastern part of nigeria, most Yoruba's in the north blend well with Hausa's, hiss
*blank stare* @billions of naira, iz it a bonz, grin
You are a fool

Since when did yorubas blend in well with those in the north?  Are easterners the only people who are christians or affected in the north during religous riots? NO

@all ignorant folks- theres a big misconception that a yoruba person who is christian is just as safe as a yoruba muslim in the north or a yoruba muslim is safe in the north. Abi yoruba christians dont attend the churches that are burned down by muslim hausas? riots in the north are more ethnic and political than religous.

You cant group all yorubas together because they arent like easterners who are ALL christian, and hausas who are ALL muslims.

- that is exactly why yorubas feel comfortable and stay mostly in the SW- they dont have to deal with terrorist northerners and ignorant christian fanatics in the SE and SS - who are in general no different than northerners.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by riversman: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Aloy-emeka - no try me oh, i will burn Nairaland down,, grin grin grin

but for real why are YORUBA folks such whinny biatches, geez!!!! this is North vs IGbo, yoruba just wan enter settin by force, lol
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by ziga: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2010
riversman:

@Aloy-emeka - no try me oh, i will burn Nairaland down,, grin grin grin

but for real why are YORUBA folks such whinny biatches, geez!!!! this is North vs IGbo, yoruba just wan enter settin by force, lol

You sound like an ignorant, egotistical and insensitive child.

Go do ya homework jor! School begins on monday.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by riversman: 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
oh sharrap, i get Masters and MBA aight, ur gringori head,
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by henry101(m): 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

You are a fool

Since when did yorubas blend in well with those in the north? Are easterners the only people who are christians or affected in the north during religous riots? NO

@all ignorant folks- theres a big misconception that a yoruba person who is christian is just as safe as a yoruba muslim in the north or a yoruba muslim is safe in the north. Abi yoruba christians dont attend the churches that are burned down by muslim hausas? riots in the north are more ethnic and political than religous.

You cant group all yorubas together because they arent like easterners who are ALL christian, and hausas who are ALL muslims.

- that is exactly why yorubas feel comfortable and stay mostly in the SW- they dont have to deal with terrorist northerners and ignorant christian fanatics in the SE and SS - who are in general no different than northerners.

R u sure abt dis allegation?
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by ziga: 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2010
riversman:

oh sharrap, i get Masters and MBA aight, your gringori head,

Congrats Mr. Masters and MBA talking crap!
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by abadaba(m): 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
Sjeezy or whatever you call your self. There is no reason whatsoever why you should call Riversman a fool. Stop being insultive for once.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by mekusxxx: 11:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
sjeezy8:

I wonder who is more fanatical, East or West, with all the Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Guru Maharajis and other the bunch of fake prophets running around Oduduwaland. Your analysis was the product of poor thinking from an eternally incompetent nincompoop.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by ziga: 12:01am On Mar 01, 2010
abadaba:

Sjeezy or whatever you call your self. There is no reason whatsoever why you should call Riversman a fool. Stop being insultive for once.

I don't support insults too, but mr. riversman had it coming to him.

Why do we have to take ethnic stands with every issue.

People are talking about how much lives and property they lost and he inferred that they did not lose enough to be complaining.

@riversman, i don't think you ever lost anything in your life. That is the only reason you will make a statement like that.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by cold(m): 12:06am On Mar 01, 2010
Ok guys calm down now.Remember the 1month embargo on tribal bashing/tirades/diatribes etc is still in force.Y'all can tone down the rhetoric now.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by EzeUche(m): 12:18am On Mar 01, 2010
Aren't they more fanatical Christians running around in the SW? Not that many running around in the SE, because people are trying to make money.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 12:54am On Mar 01, 2010
sjeezy8:

I can see no difference between your comment and Riversman own. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 12:58am On Mar 01, 2010
mekusxxx:

I wonder who is more fanatical, East and West, with all these Adeboyes, TB Joshuas, Guru Maharaji and the bunch of fake prophets running around Oduduwaland. Your analysis was the product of poor thinking from an eternally incompetent nincompoop.

You are still roaming around on nairaland?. I thought they placed embargo on your very existence?
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by abadaba(m): 1:08am On Mar 01, 2010
@Aloy.
Please for the sake of God, allow Mekusxyz some peace. This obsession is uncalled for.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by mekusxxx: 1:33am On Mar 01, 2010
abadaba:

@Aloy.
Please for the sake of God, allow Mekusxyz some peace. This obsession is uncalled for.
Thanks but do not waste your time with an inglorious urchin riddled with crass id crisis
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 2:31am On Mar 01, 2010
mekusxxx:

Thanks but do not waste your time with an inglorious urchin riddled with crass id crisis
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by riversman: 6:02am On Mar 01, 2010
@cold - who born d maga where dem dey? i think say i hear say person wan bounce me comot NL for one mointh, if una try am, Yar Adua go run marathon, grin

I am a LANDLORD here, won o bi iyalaya e da,
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 7:15am On Mar 01, 2010
riversman:

@cold - who born d maga where dem dey? i think say i hear say person wan bounce me comot NL for one mointh, if una try am, Yar Adua go run marathon,  grin

I am a LANDLORD here, won o bi iyalaya e da,

Get ready to receive your ban in Jesus name.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by ojenew: 8:19am On Mar 01, 2010
I have always said it. Nigeria is not a country. We are not united and we will never be,Never! Hausas are the root of all evil in Nigeria.The other ethnic took part too but Hausas? I fear them. They reason upside down, I mean all of them. Counting on the experience I had during my NYSC in Kano. Can't go back there!
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by Sonofpeace(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2010
I'm speechless. . .
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by riversman: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2010
@Aloy Emeka - lol!!! please dont call heaven for such requests abeg, more important issues than Nairaland

I smell a coup from all u "RIVERSMAN" haters on NL, eyin oloriburuku, una wan throway me comot my own papa website,

WHO BORN THE MODERATOR ABI NA MAGA?? make dem no try me oh, I AM VOLATILE grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by AloyEmeka5: 11:46am On Mar 01, 2010
ojenew:

I have always said it. Nigeria is not a country. We are not united and we will never be,Never! Hausas are the root of all evil in Nigeria.The other ethnic took part too but Hausas? I fear them. They reason upside down,  I mean all of them. Counting on the experience I had during my NYSC in Kano. Can't go back there!

Massacring people is not the only evil in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by Nchara: 1:41am On Apr 19, 2011
Has the goat Tinubu4life seen this?
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by bashr4: 3:35am On Apr 19, 2011
Nchara:

Has the goat Tinubu4life seen this?

you dey mind those fools especially bkbabe , because the igbos are always the first to shout and condem such acts they now think we are the only ones affected.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by Nchara: 3:46am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhahah! Hausa wipes out Yoruba in Jos.
Re: Yoruba Lost 156 Lives, Property Worth Billions Of Naira To Jos Crises' by Beaf: 4:07am On Apr 19, 2011
sjeezy8:

You are a fool

Since when did yorubas blend in well with those in the north?  Are easterners the only people who are christians or affected in the north during religous riots? NO

I know this thread is quite old but. . .
There are massive numbers of Yoruba's in all the places in the North I've been to. A vast proportion of the taxi drivers in Kano are Yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Nairaland If Nigeria Breaks Into Pieces? / Inec Tells Lagbaja No You Cannot Wear Your Mask To Vote, / Dimeji Bankole's Yams ---hilarious, Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.