Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" (32538 Views)

Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System / I Felt Ridiculed Contesting Against Adeleke - Oyetola / We Don’t Need Rogues And Vagabonds In Government Anymore —prof. Wande Abimbola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Tayonic: 11:49am On Sep 16, 2017
Pdee28:
This Man Should This Man Should Just Go And Give His Life To Christ. He's Just Talking Rubbish.
You are the one talking rubbish.
Spoilt Brat!

5 Likes

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Hashimyussufamao(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
2fine2fast:
Front page material. E ma je ki asa awon baba wa parun. Eledumare a bukun gbogbo awa Omo Odua. Eledumare a buku ile baba wa Nijeriya. Ase.
*u saw my saara comment yesterday? na so me sef dy c0mment 4yoruba nw
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Azam101: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
A reference point for all.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by ctex4real(m): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
Even if you have good intentions politics is not for the chicken hearted.

The challenge of leadership is to be strong,
but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold,
but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be
humble, but not timid; be proud, but not
arrogant; have humor, but without folly. —Jim
Rohn
I love Jim Rohn. Just got to know him from a video someone sent to me. Its about the talent story in the bible. Very nice

1 Like

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Ghost01(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
esthel:
interesting piece, i remember reading some Odu ifa Verses for my Yoruba when i wrote WAEC (had A tho), they were actually stories one would enjoy. May God keep this fountain of knowledge and i wish he would just document his entire brain for our future use.
If the textbook you used back then was "Ojú Ojù Mérèèrìndìnlógún," this same Professor Wande Abimbola is the author of the book.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
Have noticed something, most of these devoted Indigenous belief worshippers are always trustworthy and they have integrity. God bless you prof.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by 1wolex85: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hedonistically:
Yeah, I know that situation. Someone very close to me retired from a top public service position with nothing. And I'm talking about a highly lucrative public sector job, where most of his peers are billionaires, and even many of his juniors are filthy rich.

He simply refused to do the needful while still in service, relying only on his measly salaries and entitlements...Only to retire into the real, unpleasant world where people recognise and worship nothing else but money.

The scorn, opprobrium, and utter disdain that society (including his family members and relatives) have for the man knows no bound, as they now have to struggle for survival like ordinary masses in today's difficult Nigeria - because their breadwinner 'wasted' the chance to secure their future for them.
Nobody cares that this man is the most shining example of honesty, contentment, and godliness you'll ever see.

That's the country we live in.

This is the exact reason I just laugh at those shouting restructuring as if it will solve anything, there is something wrong with our minds , totally distorted
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2017
Dotng:

http://punchng.com/i-was-ridiculed-for-returning-home-a-poor-senator-prof-wande-abimbola/

''Don’t call it African traditional religion. It comes from Christian mindset. What that means is that it is not really a religion but tradition. Why don’t they say Christian or Islamic traditional religion? I call it indigenous African religion because every religion has its own tradition''

What a lovely article.

2 Likes

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by juman(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
1wolex85:

This is the exact reason I just laugh at those shouting restructuring as if it will solve anything, there is something wrong with our minds , totally distorted

It was the military generals of useless generation that destroyed everything even the mindset of the people.
Look those generals could never conduct free and fair election.
They were very corrupt and tribal jingoists.

Just look how buhari doing as a president of a multifacet ethnic nation.
He is not doing well.

The sixteen years failure of pdp was caused by another general, general obasanjo.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by somehow: 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
But Shagaris time was not Military time, so stop blaming the military for everything.

Most of the infrastructures we have now came from the military time and few got to steal then unlike in democracy where everyone steals including cleaners.
juman:

It was the military generals of useless generation that destroyed everything even the mindset of the people.
They were very corrupt and jingoists.

He is not doing well.

The sixteen years failure of pdp was caused by another general, general obasanjo.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by greatman247(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2017
This man is not poor jor. This is a scam
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by juman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
somehow:
But Shagaris time was not Military time, so stop blaming the military for everything.

Most of the infrastructures we have now came from the military time and few got to steal then unlike in democracy where everyone steals including cleaners.

That time the military were jealous of how the civilian government were stealing money, that was why the did the coup.

Since then till now about thirty four years, buhari, babangida, abacha, abdulsalam, obasanjo, that is five military generals that had led the country without any tangible achievement.

While those military generals became billionaires in dollars.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by lawani: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2017
I agree with him that there should be regulation of preaching but i dont agree that traditional theology is religion. only christianity and islam are religions and they ought to be banned. kudos to you sir!
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by juman(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hmmm Prof. Wande Abimbola is from oyo.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by 1wolex85: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
juman:

They were very corrupt and tribal jingoists.

He is not doing well.

You talk like all these people you have mentioned came from another country, newsflash, they came from amongst us! They are not aliens. Everyone has to change and turn from their wicked ways.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by Afritop(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
WHEN THIS PROF WAS THE VC OF OAU, THE ENTIRE STUDENTS, AND STUDENT UNION GATHER TOGETHER FOR ALUTA AGAINST THE SENATE, THIS MAN WILL COME OUT SPEAK FEW WORDS TO THE RAMPAGING STUDENTS AND EVERYBODY WILL GO HOME HAPPY AND SATISFIED NOT KNOWING THAT HIS JAZZ HAS SUCCESSFULLY RUN ITS COURSE IN CALMING THEM DOWN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by nurex01(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
Lol!

Afritop:
WHEN THIS PROF WAS THE VC OF OAU, THE ENTIRE STUDENTS, AND STUDENT UNION GATHER TOGETHER FOR ALUTA AGAINST THE SENATE, THIS MAN WILL COME OUT SPEAK FEW WORDS TO THE RAMPAGING STUDENTS AND EVERYBODY WILL GO HOME HAPPY AND SATISFIED NOT KNOWING THAT HIS JAZZ HAS SUCCESSFULLY RUN ITS COURSE IN CALMING THEM DOWN

Yes, I remembered then.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by BALLOSKI: 4:43am On Sep 17, 2017
IsaacBuchi:
Even if you have good intentions politics is not for the chicken hearted.

The challenge of leadership is to be strong,
but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold,
but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be
humble, but not timid; be proud, but not
arrogant; have humor, but without folly. —Jim
Rohn
true

1 Like

Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by somehow: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
And which agbada wearer did better?
juman:

That time the military were jealous of how the civilian government were stealing money, that was why the did the coup.

Since then till now about thirty four years, buhari, babangida, abacha, abdulsalam, obasanjo, that is five military generals that had led the country without any tangible achievement.

While those military generals became billionaires in dollars.
Re: Wande Abimbola: "I Was Ridiculed For Returning Home A Poor Senator" by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Afritop:

: grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From Osun APC Governorship Mega Rally At Omisore's Hometown. / Governor Okowa Pictured Praying In A Church, Surrounded By Security Details / Women Protest Against Sowore’s Detention At The High Court In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.