Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization (808 Views)

U.S Doesn’t See IPOB As Terrorist Organisation – Russell Brooks / Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by rollybest(m): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
Rights Lawyer, Ozekhome Rejects Classification of IPOB as Terrorist Organization.
Are murderous headsmen, Killers of Hundreds in Agatu/Southern Kaduna have been declared as Terrorists.
Constitutional Lawyer and Human Rights Activists, Chief Mike Ozekhome has rejected the description of IPOB by the Nigerian Military as a terrorist organization saying the federal government appears to be selective in its pronouncement.
Ozekhome who was reacting to the Defence headquarters categorization which was arrived at because IPOB was said to be in possession of weapons, had a secret service and was planning a national guard, wondered why other groups had not been declared terrorists organizations.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria recalled the activities of the deadly and murderous Fulani herdsmen who go about killing, maiming and raping Nigerian, the killers of score in Agatu and Southern Kaduna yet nobody declared them as terrorist organizations wondering if the federal government is operating two sets of laws for two sets of Nigerians.
He said, “I do not believe the instances cited by the Defence Headquarters justify declaring IPOD a terrorist organization”.
“The last time I checked, I can’t remember any of such organizations operating in the country being declared terrorist organizations”.
“The herdsmen who go on rampage daily, maiming, raping, killing, those responsible for the Agatu massacre, Shiites massacre, Southern Kaduna progrom, indiscriminate killings, brazen quit notices givers, across Nigeria, etc, have never been arrested, prosecuted, let alone being proscribed and stigmatized.as terrorist organizations.
“We must surely have and operate two sets of laws for two sets of peoples in Nigeria. Nigeria, we hail thee”.
“A government should be seen to be fair to all component parts of Nigeria.”

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by rollybest(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
I still dey observe first
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2017
grin is he the one to approve it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by HiddenShadow: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
SLIDEwaxie:
grin is he the one to approve it?

Declare Fulani herdsmen a terrorist group
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Declare Fulani herdsmen a terrorist group
quote one of the hate speech or even threat, made my the head of the Fulani herdsmen... grin grin grin

Fulani herdsmen are nonentities and nuisance to be dealth with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
SLIDEwaxie:
quote one of the hate speech or even threat, made my the head of the Fulani herdsmen... grin grin grin

Fulani herdsmen are nonentities and nuisance to be dealth with

BMC undecided
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by GavelSlam: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by lordkush: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
^^ zombie
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by TheCabal02: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
Once Ozekhome is involved PDP is involved.

1 Like

Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by slivertongue: 4:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
to my mind IPOB had her excesses bt were nt violent, the coercive instrument of the state only tried to use under hand method to give them a bad name, beliving the demands for a better living will die.

the Nigerian govt sud be ashamed that the word terrorism is gradual being associated with most citizen actions. is it not bad enough that BH and Buhari's cousins have been marked global terrorists and now IPOB- a pro-masses movement. But wat does govt seek to achieve? shifting the post and diverting the attention of the citizenry which is trademark of weak and crude leaders. To stop citizens from further agitations govt must sit with all and sundry and resolve the national question.

pretending that all is well and expecting all to sleep and face the same direction is equal to one entering into the river and expecting nt to get wet. time is runinng out for positive actions.
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by rollybest(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
slivertongue:
to my mind IPOB had her excesses bt were nt violent, the coercive instrument of the state only tried to use under hand method to give them a bad name, beliving the demands for a better living will die.

the Nigerian govt sud be ashamed that the word terrorism is gradual being associated with most citizen actions. is it not bad enough that BH and Buhari's cousins have been marked global terrorists and now IPOB- a pro-masses movement. But wat does govt seek to achieve? shifting the post and diverting the attention of the citizenry which is trademark of weak and crude leaders. To stop citizens from further agitations govt must sit with all and sundry and resolve the national question.

pretending that all is well and expecting all to sleep and face the same direction is equal to one entering into the river and expecting nt to get wet. time is runinng out for positive actions.
na so my brother
Re: Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization by nairavsdollars(f): 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ozekhome...charge and bail lawyer

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Nigeria Exits From 90 International Bodies / Gambia:shock Over Alleged Plans By Adama Barrow To Transform Self To Dictator / Drama In Niger State As Pupils Were Sent Home Over Vaccination Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.