Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System (22181 Views)

Starting Data,itunes Card,vtu And Free Banking System Reselling Business / CBN To Embrace Open Banking System / GTB Banking System Down All Day, Customers Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
Paga, one of the early payment platforms in Nigeria, has announced it is now fully integrated into Nigeria’s Banking System. This is according to Tayo Oviosu, the CEO and founder of Paga.

Explaining Paga’s mode of operation before the integration, Oviosu said that it took about two hours to verify a transfer. As a result, they had a lot of angry customers.

“When Paga launched to the public the only way to fund an account was either at a Paga agent or by visiting a bank branch to deposit to our bank account. If you used the second approach you had to notify us on our site. Two members of our team had to verify your deposit before we gave you electronic value. We termed this process “manual deposit”. We had 20 staff to make this manual deposit process work! It took us about 2hrs on average to process any deposit. Sometimes the banks didn’t post immediately, sometimes they didn’t post until evening. We could only give value when we saw money in our account. Other times we just had a major backlog. Either way, we had irate customers, and understandably so.”

Since this manual deposit process cannot be scaled, Paga had no choice than to work directly with banks.

Oviosu said that they started with 6 banks (including all major banks) adding that “Today, Paga is now connected to all banks in Nigeria. You can transfer money to your Paga account instantly, using your Paga 10 digit account number, from any bank in Nigeria. You can also transfer from Paga to any bank account in Nigeria instantly. This is a core foundation for the future.”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/paga-announces-that-it-is-now-fully-integrated-into-nigerias-banking-system/

2 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nice one
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by abdeiz(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
What's the difference and similarities between paga, payoneer Nd PayPal?
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by froz(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2017
Ok
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by rodeo0070(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2017
Forward ever FINTECH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by free2ryhme: 9:14am On Sep 17, 2017
grin
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2017
abdeiz:
What's the difference and similarities between paga, payoneer Nd PayPal?
make Google your friend

3 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Elslim: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2017
ok now
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by dennisworld1(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
PAGA co i nor like ona service
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by tomholly: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
Good . Meanwhile check my signature
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by SenorFax(m): 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
cool

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by idupaul: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
Paga has really been resilient sha

3 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Partnerbiz2: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
Not understanding
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by wickyyolo: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2017
What is PAGA used for ? Been seeing their billboards around
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by djemillionia: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2017
ok
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by AntiWailer: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Hype
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by uhuogba(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2017
I used to love PAGA!
Their exchange rate was wonderful before their greed set it.
Typical Nigerian Company, inconsistent and the lust for more so soon!.

Let's help you scale the hurdle, allow us at SLIM
CONSULTS
give expertise touch to your visa applications to UK, US,
Canada, Schengen etc.
Contact us @ 48 Ajose street,Ikeja, Lagos.08064379710.
slimconsults@gmail.com and you will be glad you did.
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by salbis(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2017
I wish all stakeholders luck.
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Sanemind(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2017
wickyyolo:
What is PAGA used for ? Been seeing their billboards around
the offer transaction services just like quickteller
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Thobiy(m): 9:21am On Sep 17, 2017
Welcome development
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by pandapluto: 9:22am On Sep 17, 2017
I'm a Paga agent. Paga is a nice platform. easy to use but they need to work on having a personalised POS for transactions. with that, agents can overcome the stress of getting pos from banks cos it takes months and affects Biz.

4 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by rattlesnake(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2017
Wetin be PAGAN
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by BunbleBee: 9:25am On Sep 17, 2017
ok good job...remain PAYPAL
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by DoyenExchange: 9:31am On Sep 17, 2017
Good innovation!
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by crazygod(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2017
I love this Paga initiative. For those who can't transfer fund by mobile, paga has really reduced the excruciating stress of queuing in the bank or ATM. This guy that founded paga is a genius. He might end up becoming one of the richest dudes in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by lincolnj88: 9:35am On Sep 17, 2017
All this 1960 tech company... Have they not heard of blockchain technology

3 Likes

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by wildchild02: 9:38am On Sep 17, 2017
PAGA is only popular in Lagos

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 17, 2017
crazygod:
I love this Paga initiative. For those who can't transfer fund by mobile, paga has really reduced the excruciating stress of queuing in the bank or ATM. This guy that founded paga is a genius. He might end up becoming one of the richest dudes in Africa.

How about Mitchell of Interswitch?
Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Mmadu111: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2017
Paga is good but I still prefer Payza cos Payza has integrated Bitcoin in their payment system. Though I have both; paga and Payza

1 Like

Re: PAGA Announces That It Is Now Fully Integrated Into Nigeria’s Banking System by Pavore9: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2017
We are still far behind when it comes to mobile money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. / Nigerian Youths Can Access Loan With Academic Certificates – CBN / Why I Dumped Trading For Manufacturing - Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.