Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,791 members, 7,862,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

The New Generation Leaving Ireland - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The New Generation Leaving Ireland (619 Views)

Nigerian Man Killed In Ireland Over A Woman / $100,000 For 'Next-Generation Condom' By Bill Gates / Why Skilled Immigrants Are Leaving The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Generation Leaving Ireland by AjanleKoko: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2010
Re: The New Generation Leaving Ireland by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2010
and yet,some of our people are still queuing up to go to Ireland shocked
Re: The New Generation Leaving Ireland by Ibime(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2010
Ireland was the poster child for American Conservatives who pointed to their very low tax rates as evidence that Yankee should keep cutting taxes, regardless of the fact that the Laffer Curve does obey the law of diminishing returns - Ireland obviously crossed that nadir!

Now that the Irish somnambulists have been jolted back to reality and forced to raise taxes to deal with the fall out of the recession, we can see the gains of their low-tax regime being wiped out as companies disinvest in Ireland.

With a deepening deficit due to lower revenues and higher expenditure, it will be a rocky ride back to recovery for the erstwhile Celtic Tiger.
Re: The New Generation Leaving Ireland by 4Play(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2010
@Ibime

You are quite a raving ignoramus. How is the present economic crises down to taxation? Yes, Ireland's low corporation tax was hailed around the world but I'm not aware it has been raised. Greece has virtually double Ireland's corporate tax rate, is Greece any better than Ireland?

Only a foo'l will take a particular period in history as sufficient to judge the quality of an economic philosophy. So after Ireland has enjoyed decades of economic growth, after decades of statist economic policy left Ireland poor compared to the rest of Europe, a few years of recession suddenly means that the economic policy that underpinned the breakneck growth is fatally flawed? Do yourself a favour, go and enlighten yourself a bit more or stick to hip-hop.

PS: Why did you fail to note that Ireland is cutting spending drastically?
Re: The New Generation Leaving Ireland by ElRazur: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2010
I love it when two or more internet jar-heads talk economics. I have no idea what they are talking about, but it will be interesting and at the same time confusing to read lol. grin
Re: The New Generation Leaving Ireland by Ibime(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2010
4 Play:

@Ibime

You are quite a raving ignoramus. How is the present economic crises down to taxation? Yes, Ireland's low corporation tax was hailed around the world but I'm not aware it has been raised. Greece has virtually double Ireland's corporate tax rate, is Greece any better than Ireland?

Only a foo'l will take a particular period in history as sufficient to judge the quality of an economic philosophy. So after Ireland has enjoyed decades of economic growth, after decades of statist economic policy left Ireland poor compared to the rest of Europe, a few years of recession suddenly means that the economic policy that underpinned the breakneck growth is fatally flawed? Do yourself a favour, go and enlighten yourself a bit more or stick to hip-hop.

PS: Why did you fail to note that Ireland is cutting spending drastically?

hehehehe. . . . I only posted in this thread because I knew you'd be here in a flash. . . . . I remember you harping on about Ireland's low tax rate last year so I said lemme see what 4Play has to say now.  . . anyway, Im just being mischievous. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Eu Votes N360 Million For Democracy Project In Nigeria. / Bursted In The Act / Cross Talk On 9/11: Who Did It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.