Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Advice Pls! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Pls! (581 Views)

I Need Advice Pls / I Need An Advice Pls.... / Teaching In Secondary School OR Acquiring Programming Skills: ADVICE PLS! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls! by ADATANGSAM: 8:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
Am a fresh first class graduate of food science and technology from one of Nigeria's federal university.Due to what I heard about job prospects and lack of fulfillment in the sector I sat for jamb in my final year for medicine and the result was impressive. am now confuse, because what everybody including my lectures is lecturing which I don't really fancy. pls I need your advice. thanks
Re: Advice Pls! by braimeddy: 8:27pm On Sep 16, 2017
My dear! The most important thing is that you are now a graduate. Not everybody uses his/her degree to work. Instead of spending more 6yrs to study medicine, better use that money to start a food business since that's what u study.
ADATANGSAM:
Am a fresh first class graduate of food science and technology from one of Nigeria's federal university.Due to what I heard about job prospects and lack of fulfillment in the sector I sat for jamb in my final year for medicine and the result was impressive. am now confuse, because what everybody including my lectures is lecturing which I don't really fancy. pls I need your advice. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Advice Pls! by ADATANGSAM: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
braimeddy:
My dear! The most important thing is that you are now a graduate. Not everybody uses his/her degree to work. Instead of spending more 6yrs to study medicine, better use that money to start a food business since that's what u study.

thanks very much . I want you to also consider passion and even money to start such business in Nigeria
Re: Advice Pls! by braimeddy: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
Have u also considered how much u will spend in starting afresh in sch again? I don't think any federal sch is that cheap. To enter year 1 u will have to spend at least 100k. If u have that kind to money, u can use it for a start for the business
ADATANGSAM:

thanks very much . I want you to also consider passion and even money to start such business in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls! by ADATANGSAM: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2017
braimeddy:
Have u also considered how much u will spend in starting afresh in sch again? I don't think any federal sch is that cheap. To enter year 1 u will have to spend at least 100k. If u have that kind to money, u can use it for a start for the business

I know your analysis is nice but I don't think business is really my thing generally.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N.D.T Practitioner's In The House / No Alert Yet! / Gender Pay Gap In Nigeria (facts And Myths)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.